|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Vines of Vastwood
Kicker G (You may pay an additional G as you cast this spell.)
Target creature can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control this turn. If Vines of Vastwood was kicked, that creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||acbooster , ironax , the.beanpole , bakeraj4 , pskinn01 , maR2307 , BlueMageBrandon , 2austin5 , MoJoMiXuP , dplerner , TehDelta , AlertKnave8075 , rakdos24 , CampbellStev|
Vines of Vastwood Discussion
13 hours ago
I don't know...just brainstorming.
2 days ago
3 days ago
Been gone from the game for a couple of months so I'm a little rusty so my advice might not be the best but it seems that the idea you're running with is very similar to an infect deck. My advice would be to add in a little extra protection and sideboard the removal like Lightning Bolt as you should be focused solely on your offensive. For example,Path to Exile is a huge card in modern that doesn't necessarily do damage but gets rid of threats nonetheless. So I recommend a card like Vines of Vastwood or Apostle's Blessing to add in the overall protection.
4 days ago
Welcome to Modern! Please take all these comments with healthy skepticism, as I have no idea what your meta is like nor your personal playstyle. :-)
First, I know you asked about sideboard, but I wanted to mention ...
- You might consider Cathedral of War. I'm not sure what the right number is, so I'd start testing at 4x and work down from there if you can't stand it.
- Vines of Vastwood is amazing, and I rec' running 4x (instead of a split with Blossoming Defense). Also, in case you're not aware: Because of the way the card is worded, it's actually better than hexproof ... you can use it on your opponent's creatures, to prevent them from targeting their own dudes with pump spells and various abilities (like Equip, Modular, and Crew).
- Though Groundswell is great is a 2-color deck (because of the Fetchlands), I personally think it's kind of meh in a Mono-G deck. If you haven't already done so, you might try testing 2x Groundswell and 2x Giant Growth and just see which you prefer. You could also try it with an extra land or two.
On sideboard, I try to always consider the following areas:
- Extra Protection: Meta-dependent, but I try to always consider some extra Vines of Vastwood, Blossoming Defense, or Apostle's Blessing. Also, though it's not really protection, Shaper's Sanctuary is intriguing. Not sure what I think of it yet, but I'm looking forward to testing it once XLN is released and the price normalizes.
- Extra Evasion: Meta-dependent, but I try to always consider extra Trample and Unblockable (e.g., Apostle's Blessing) effects.
- Removal: 1x Dismember is great. If too pricey though, any Green fight card is solid. I like Nature's Way, personally.
- Gravehate: 2x sounds about right. I'm on Tormod's Crypt lately, because it's the only thing that's fast enough vs. Vengevine.
- Artifacthate: I'm not personally a fan of Nature's Claim in the side, but that's because there's a lot of Eldrazi Tron in my meta and they run 4x Chalice of the Void in the main ... and Chalice with X=1 will shut Infect down hard. I like Seal of Primordium but Deglamer/Unravel the Aether may be better depending on the meta.
- Extra land: If I find myself bringing in high-CMC cards from the sideboard, sometimes adding an extra land makes sense.
- Burnhate: If there's a bunch of Burn in your meta, you may want some disposable blockers and some lifegain. Spellskite (blocker + protection) and Kitchen Finks (blocker + lifegain) are amazing, but super-pricey. Maybe something like Wall of Roots, Steel Wall, or Wall of Tanglecord. I've no idea on the lifegain ... Nourish maybe? Or maybe Jaddi Offshoot (though I'm not sure it's worth it with 20 Lands).
4 days ago
Recommendations - Ninja of the Deep Hours - Exploration - True-Name Nemesis - Force of Will - Aether Vial - Become Immense - Mutagenic Growth - Vines of Vastwood - Pendelhaven - Collected Company
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking- Green Sun's Zenith- Rancor - Paradoxical Outcome - Gaea's Cradle - Glimpse of Nature - Aluren
6 days ago
-1 or 2 Assault Formation