|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your upkeep, destroy target creature with a -1/-1 counter on it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Crumbling Ashes Discussion
1 month ago
Love the theme dude, very flavorful +1. Still I would try to utilize your commanders ability to a point that it gives you a big advantage.
- Crumbling Ashes
- Nest of Scarabs
- Blowfly Infestation
- Contagion Engine
- Grave Betrayal
- Skyship Plunderer
- Hex Parasite
Even though these cards are less flavorful, they give your commander more purpose and it also creates a secondary theme to the deck.
I would also go more with a control set up for this deck but that's a matter of opinion I guess. I would definitely run these:
- Engulf the Shore
- Hero's Downfall (a way better Murder)
- Sudden Spoiling
- Cyclonic Rift
- Phyrexian Arena
- Coastal Piracy
Last note, proliferate is really good with your commander, you can abuse it easily with the cards I've enlisted above.
Still love your theme and the concept, this is only how I would tweak the deck.
1 month ago
Hmm, good question. I'd drop Midnight Banshee, its fun, but its REALLY slow. Otherwise, I'd recommend dropping either a Fume Spitter or a Skinrender. I would keep both Necroskitters, they're really good, especially with Crumbling Ashes in play.
1 month ago
There's a way out of this, and according to the rules of the game you have to take it. A loop made up of only mandatory actions will draw the game, but if there are any choices you can make to end it then you have to pick a number of iterations and make the different choice that will cause the loop to end after that point.
You can have any number of creatures with enough -1/-1 counters on them to reduce their toughness to 1. At the beginning of your upkeep Crumbling Ashes destroys one of them and triggers Blowfly Infestation. You target another creature with the trigger.
- When the Infestation trigger resolves and places a -1/-1 counter on the targeted creature, it triggers Nest of Scarabs, but it's not time to put the trigger on the stack yet
- State-based-actions (SBAs) are checked right before each time a player would get priority. The game sees a creature with 0 toughness and puts it into the graveyard, triggering Infestation again. Similarly, this trigger isn't on the stack yet
- When an ability triggers, it's put onto the stack the next time a player gets priority. If multiple triggers controlled by the same player are trying to go onto the stack at the same time, that player chooses what order to put them onto the stack. In this case you need to put the Nest trigger on bottom and the Infestation trigger on top. This is also when you choose a target for the Infestation trigger (another one of your 1-toughness creatures)
- Let the Infestation trigger resolve, and it sets off the same series of events described above. Now you have 2 Nest triggers on the bottom of the stack and an Infestation trigger on top.
- Eventually you'll run out of 1-toughness creatures to target and kill with Blowfly Infestation, so it will stop adding triggers to the stack. All of the Nest of Scarabs triggers you've accumulated can finally start to resolve and will create the appropriate number of Insect tokens
1 month ago
Nest of Scarabs doesnt make elves, it makes insects. im not sure why you think you have an infinite loop. tokens don't go into the graveyard, so they don't trigger Blowfly Infestation. also, a 1/1 with a -1/-1 counter on it wouldn't still be around during your upkeep to trigger Crumbling Ashes. it would die immediately due to state based actions. i feel like you are leaving out a LOT of information that would be needed to accurately answer your question.
1 month ago
This happened a while ago and didn't get a proper answer from my play group. I had 1/1 elves thanks to Nest of Scarabs and my other enchantments were Blowfly Infestation and Crumbling Ashes. Since my opponents creatures were off limits at the time did I get myself into infinite loop?
2 months ago
May I recommend switching Manalith for Commander's Sphere? Not only can you still tap for your Commander's colors, but you can also sac it to draw a card if you really need to. Also Crumbling Ashes is absolutely excellent in your deck when you rely on your opponent's creatures with -1/-1 counters dying. Warstorm Surge along with your infect creatures will deal infect damage because their damage is always infect damage!