|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Warrior
Revolt — Narnam Renegade enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it if a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Narnam Renegade Discussion
1 week ago
+1! Love the decklist!
I think Narnam Renegade would be a great inclusion in the list! It has one more toughness than Gnarlwood Dryad, and since you pretty much can't get delirium, it is generally a strictly better varient!
2 weeks ago
That’s true, but I’d rather have a spell with a more immediate effect as a sort of combat trick/pump spell for the Akki Raider and Bloodbriar. What do you think of the inclusion of cards with the revolt mechanic like Narnam Renegade or Greenwheel Liberator?
2 weeks ago
Arguel's Blood Fast Flip can backfire on you easily. Pay 2 life to draw a card, repeat until you are vulnerable, then you opponent removes Blood Fast (there are a lot of enchantment removal cards in the current standard and most people play at least 1). The emblem that you get from Nissa, Vital Force is a far less painful way of getting a bit more card draw.
You wont be attacking with Ravenous Chupacabra, he is there to kill, but he costs 4 mana. Walk the Plank does the same for 2 mana, then you can bring in Narnam Renegade, which might get in a few attacks and also kills your opponent's attacking creature.
I played an explore deck at one time. The effectiveness of the deck depends largely on tempo - you need to keep drawing and exploring. Although I did play Jadelight Ranger, your consistent explore trigger was normally Path of Discovery. I ended up with a deck with very few creatures that had explore themselves. Explore aggressively
3 weeks ago
Narnam Renegade for early chump-blocking and Rishkar, Peema Renegade for some mana ramp is a good place to start. I would go with something like Walk the Plank in place of Arguel's Blood Fast Flip. The emblem from Nissa, Vital Force could end up making this deck. You could also consider throwing in 1 Ghalta, Primal Hunger as a finisher.
1 month ago
Vraska, Scheming Gorgon doesn't work in standard simply for the fact that it's 6 mana and takes 4 turns for you to use it's ultimate. But since you want to use it, ill give some suggestions.
Get out of blue as you are only using it for Wall of Mist, Open into Wonder, Cancel and Unwind. It's not strong enough to be splashing blue. That gives you 12 slots to fill.
Old-Growth Dryads is a terrible card. Yes its 3/3 for 2, but it ramps your opponents and helps them get ahead. Ramunap Hydra is a cool card, but is reliant on how your deck plays. Some deserts hurt you simply because they enter tapped and set you back a turn. Song of Freyalise although ramps you, it's slow in this deck and slow in the meta. I would cut all 3 cards for other cards that speed you up and get to end game better.
Gift of Strength is a worse Blossoming Defense. Defense is more versatile and stops opponents from using spot removal on your key creatures.
I realize this is a complete overhaul but I believe my suggestions will help. Llanowar Elves does for you, what you would be doing for your opponents with Old-Growth Dryads. It ramps and helps you get out a kicked Untamed Kavu or Vraska, Scheming Gorgon quicker. 2 Druid of the Cowl to help get to 6 mana quicker.
I'm suggesting tokens/saprolings because of the ultimate Vraska, Scheming Gorgon has. It adds chump blockers to save Vraska, and offers a go wide strategy. Slimefoot, the Stowaway helps you add value on your little guys dying, and adds a mana sink if you have no play. Saproling Migration adds a turn 2 option and has kicker to make 4 tokens if you need it. Spore Swarm just adds more creature count.
I'm leaving 1 Song of Freyalise as it does ramp you up, but isn't fast enough to rely on. Its a win more card in my head. Only helps when you are winning games but is dead when you aren't
If you want to stay in blue. Opt for cheap draw. Omenspeaker over Wall of Mist. Aether Tunnel or Ghostform over Open Into Wonder depending on what you want more. Cut Unwind for Opt and switch Cancel with 2 Negate and 1 Essence Scatter.
Ravenous Chupacabra is also another card you should consider.
1 month ago
If you want to see more consistency, I would suggest the following changes:
1) Implement a sideboard
2) Move Reclamation Sage to the side board, it is ok to have a single one main, but it is very underwhelming when it has no targets.
3) I think Nissa, Vital Force is better in the sideboard and best brought in against control.
4) Vivien Reid is a great mainboard card and up her to at least 2 of.
5) Adventurous Impulse should be a 4 of main deck because it is never a bad top deck and is very good early game at finding your next land or finding your next creature. It smooths out the curve.
6) Greenwheel Liberator is very underwhelming in this particular build because it is harder for you to trigger Revolt yourself. Whereas Narnam Renegade is very good because of the keyword "Deathtouch" and is only 1 CMC.
7) I think Song of Freyalise is underwhelming because it takes a while for it to "Go Off" and you really aren't ramping to anything that costs that much. Maybe move it down to a 1 or 2 of.
8) I like Lifecrafter's Bestiary but move it to the sideboard and side in against midrange and control. You want to be fast and hit the ground and go very wide.
9) Your listed "Maybeboard" has some good cards, in particular, the one that stands out as the best option is Heroic Intervention and it should be in your deck, somewhere in the 75. At least a 1 or 2 of in the sideboard. Shapers' Sanctuary is a great card for this type of build, if you can fit some number after all is said in done, I would say 1 or 2 of would be best fit for it somewhere in the 75.
10) I also would like to see some number of Blossoming Defense in the deck. It does not have to be a 4 of. But maybe a 2 of somewhere in the 75. Just don't know if I like it in the maindeck or not.
That's what I got for now. Best of luck.
1 month ago
I definitely agree with your move to pull Narnam Renegade. You could switch it out for a 2 or 3 drop that's more threatening. Pulling Champion of Rhonas is probably a good idea too. For 4 mana, he seems inefficient, and an easy target for your opponent to Lightning Bolt and get a mana advantage before you can use the exert ability. Rather than have another tool for getting stuff out on top of mana ramp, you could put something really killer in that slot. Trostani, Selesnya's Voice might be good for the green-white color combo, and has good synergy with a creature deck. I would also look into Oversoul of Dusk. As for your 7+ mana cards, maybe get rid of Terastodon? I feel like your end game here is to beat down your opponent with your creatures, so giving them extra blockers might be counter-productive. I like Plated Crusher personally. The hexproof keeps it from getting picked off by cheap removal, and the trample really helps seal your end game.
Meurth on Ajani Ramp
1 month ago
I've been thinking a lot about your comment magus_oblivion and I guess I'll have to take out at least the 2xChampion of Rhonas and the 7 and higher drops if I really want to make it competitive. You're right about the curve, I think I'm also going to take out the 2xNarnam Renegade at some point and put in some more 2 or 3 drops.