|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Target creature you control gets +2/+2 and gains hexproof until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Blossoming Defense Discussion
15 minutes ago
49 minutes ago
I'm not the best deck brewer myself, but i think i can help a little bit:
1) I would start building with the "god hand". Let's assume, that you draw all cards that you need, and you draw ideal cards through the game. How would it look?
It's not looking good. Why?
1) Mana. It's very easy for you to get the wrong amount of mana. Playing cards with x 2 black or x 2 green cost, like Drana, Liberator of Malakir is generally bad idea. So Drana, Liberator of Malakir and Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet are out.
2) Why do you play only one Nissa, Voice of Zendikar? Play 4! Remember, if you want to pull something, it's better to have 4/60 chance of pulling it and not 1/60. You know that you can have 1 legendary on battlefield, but 4 the same legendary cards in the deck?
3) Noosegraf Mob too late too little.
4) You clearly have no main idea how to win, i mean it's fun to put counters, i'm thinking on building counter B/G deck myself, but you want to win. With your best hand that i made (i'm sure someone can make better, but it's an example) you will deal enough damage to kill your opponent at turn 5. With your opponent not moving. It's not so great and here's why:
5) You have no defence! No hexproof, no way to protect your creatures. Your enemy will clean your battlefield like my dog cleans his bowl, super fast and efficient. There's no sense in putting counters if you don't have anything to put it on. Blossoming Defense - I would at least play that.
6) Building your deck is not only about what I will play, but what my enemy will play. With Fatal Push it will be hard to put anything that is sticking on the board. Think about that when you build your deck.
7) Black is for removal, green is for the ramp. Where is it, gladhwen? WHERE?
Don't get discouraged, build more and learn. Deckbuilding is fun, but like all things it needs time and practice ;) I hope you will build something nice and that I at least helped a little bit.
3 hours ago
Thanks for the info! I'm pretty convinced that in this meta, Fatal Push has to be at least two mainboard. Hard to figure what Blossoming Defense would replace in either my version of the deck or yours, but I can see why it would be important. I don't have Walking Ballista in my deck right now but I am going to have to get two-of into the main board.
Are you still sold on Scrounging Bandar? That's one of the biggest differences between my deck and yours/SlippinJimmys.
9 hours ago
Thanks for the comment on my deck. A few notes:
Aetherborn Marauder just isn't very good. On an empty board, it's a 2/2 flying lifelink for 4, which is far below curve. The ceiling might be high for it, and work with Winding Constrictor, but compare it to you other 4 and 5 drops which either protect themselves (Bristling Hydra), have a strong ETB trigger and protection from many removal spells (Verdurous Gearhulk) or will generate value no matter what (Walking Ballista). Change them for more Gearhulks and you'll be amazed.
You will lose often with 2-3x Heroic Intervention in hand. It is fine against Fumigate but worthless against Descend upon the Sinful and Yahenni's Expertise. Plus, you don't have enough mana to use it efficiently, since you'll be tapping out to play creatures very often. Blossoming Defense is better in real life games, since holding one G is easier than 2 mana. I can see one or two in a sideboard, but that's it.
Gonti's Machinations I have not tested, but seems rather low impact.
9 hours ago
mluc on B/G Counters
9 hours ago
Ok, so, after some more testing, Walking Ballista is a must. The way it cheats direct removal is great, and it also deals with planeswalkers.
For sure, Verdurous Gearhulk is a very important card in the deck, as it gives a lot of value for the mana cost.
Hissing Quagmire feels good as it is a potential attacker at some point, and, after turn 3, it doesn't really matter if lands enter tapped.
Tireless Tracker seems a good addition to the deck.
19 hours ago
I feel like your energy generation for the longtusk cub is a little forced and not needed. Perhaps adding some sorceries or instants will help as you are extremely creature heavy and lack protection Blossoming Defense and offence Larger Than Life.