|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Champion of Lambholt
Creature — Human Warrior
Creatures with power less than Champion of Lambholt's power can't block creatures you control.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Champion of Lambholt.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Tiddilywinkus , CampbellStev , rockleemyhero , switchkill65 , rakdos24 , Dredgar , golgarigirl , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , fireborne1986|
Champion of Lambholt Discussion
6 hours ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!
3 days ago
Martyr's Cause is the better version of Circle of Despair. It doesn't cost mana to use, is easier to cast at the same mana cost (only requires W, not WB), and does the exact same thing. I see no reason to run Circle over Martyr's Cause as it is strictly superior in every way.
Champion of Lambholt is just absurdly good in any deck that wants to win via combat damage. You make tokens via tons of cards in this deck, which means Champ will literally be your MVP in any game you can stick it because it prevents your opponents from blocking all of your creatures. Also, it's a nice source of counters for Ghave to spawn even more tokens from.
I don't think Sigil Captain is actually very good. You're already running a better card in Bloodspore Thrinax, and if you control Theolonite Hermit, Sigil Captain can't resolve its trigger due to an intervening if clause with any Saprolings you create (because they enter the battlefield as 2/2s, not 1/1s). Juniper Order Ranger is the better card to run (works no matter what, and on all of your creatures not just 1/1s, still produces 2 +1/+1 counters per token, etc.), and it has as much to do with your Saproling/Fungus theme as Sigil Captain's Rhino Soldier creature types do.
No Aura Shards is a mistake. Seed Spark pales in comparison to the ability to just drop Shards and destroy every enchantment/artifact that could potentially bother you.
Illusionist's Bracers is basically Doubling Season 2.0 for Ghave- it doubles the tokens and counters he produces, which is extremely nice. If that doesn't fit your fancy, there's always Anointed Procession, which is a functional duplicate of Parallel Lives.
4 days ago
Glissa, the Traitor, Surgical Extraction, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Gyre Sage, Treasured Find, Golgari Charm, Vines of Vastwood, Shaman of the Pack, Collected Company, Armorcraft Judge, Champion of Lambholt, Maralen of the Mornsong, Gilt-Leaf Palace, Ezuri, Renegade Leader, Elvish Piper, Imperious Perfect, Immaculate Magistrate, Joraga Warcaller, Eternal Witness, Heroic Intervention, Putrefy, Abrupt Decay, Eyeblight Massacre, Smother, and Damnation are all cards you could consider as well.
5 days ago
So your central combo is on the curve and looks fun, but I'm not sure your taking the best advantage of it. For starters you want to have Soul Warden or Essence Warden as a 1 drop in this deck, either would be a better choice than Altar of the Brood as you really aren't setup to win via mill before you can win with damage.
Bramblesnap needs you to tap your tokens, where as Kruin Striker grows just because you activated the combo, except you want to be running 4x of them (this is true even if you keep Bramblesnap) so cut 2x Stoke the Flames so you can.
Stonybrook Schoolmaster doesn't do enough in this deck, but Champion of Lambholt would be great, easily rendering your tokens unblockable, but again ideally you want to run 3x so cut the last Stoke the Flames too.
Lastly, I'm fairly sure this deck could be built as essentially 2 colour either (use red draw like Tormenting Voice and Faithless Looting) or (with a red splash for Elemental Mastery) which might make the mana fixing a bit easier for you.
6 days ago
There are 6 cards that each let you directly convert mana into creature tokens at a 1=1 ratio.
Any one of these cards with your commander, and you can make as many tokens as you have mana, turn after turn after turn. I would strongly suggest running all six, as that maximizes the chances of having one in your opening hand, and of drawing a replacement if one should meet an untimely end.
Any one of the above-mentioned "Six Keys" will go infinite with your Ashnod's Altar, but if you want to pursue having them go infinite I would recommend also adding an Earthcraft. It is fantastic mana ramp by itself, similar to your Cryptolith Rite, but allowing you to tap creatures the turn they come into play, thus giving you your mana sooner, and enabling infinite combos.
Geralf's Messenger deals infinite loss of life when combined with your altar and your commander, and can otherwise be exploited as a token generator.
Since you run Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, you could always add in a Triskelion for an infinite damage combo that does not rely upon your commander. Slotting in Tooth and Nail to fetch them out together makes for a nice single card wincon. (Triskelion would slot in nicely for Walking Ballista maybe)
Sacrifice effects are amazing in this deck, and a Dictate of Erebos or Grave Pact can give you control of the game. The one I would really recommend, however, is Martyr's Bond, as it bring retribution for any permanent of yours that is destroyed, while still working as a field wipe as you sac creatures.
Deathreap Ritual and Smothering Abomination lets you receive good card draw when you sacrifice tokens, and Eldrazi Monument give all your creatures Flying, Indestructible, and +1/+1, at the cost of 1 token per turn.
1 week ago
Well, if you can tell me what it's centered around, I can probably help you a little more than I can at the moment. For the moment, I will assume +1/+1 counters.
Rishkar, Peema Renegade turns the creatures with counters on them into basically mana dorks.
Avatar of the Resolute, Undergrowth Champion, Renegade Krasis, Cytoplast Root-Kin, Gyre Sage, Fungal Behemoth, Champion of Lambholt, Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit, maybe Sunbringer's Touch, Cathars' Crusade, and Death's Presence are also nice.
For some more value with your +1/+1 counters, you can run Ainok Bond-Kin, Tuskguard Captain, and Abzan Battle Priest. Same can be said about Solidarity of Heroes, Inspiring Call, Armorcraft Judge, etc.
Once again, I sort of jumped to conclusions about your deck upon seeing some of the cards in it. I hoped these suggestions are on the right track of what you wanted this deck to be, and good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
@wraithen2k - I actually used to run Cephalid Constable in a much earlier version of this deck. In that incarnation, Constable never really impressed. However, I was not running Champion of Lambholt or Whirler Rogue at that time. It may very well be time for Constable to squeeze its way back in. Thanks for bringing this gem back to mind! :)
1 week ago
-Angel of Jubilation: meta-tech card against oloro and marchesa decks. I've tried trostani before and her token ability is just kind of slow
-Tolsimir Wolfblood: gone on my next deck revision for hour of devastation
-Privileged Position: helps protect wincon permanents from spot removal, but otherwise lackluster, might cut it later
-Collective Blessing: sits in your hand until a critical mass of tokens is reached, no different than something like overrun or thunderfoot baloth
-Night Soil: weaker graveyard hate than the other two, but significantly stronger in this deck, especially against a 4/5 man pod
-Kamahl, Fist of Krosa: wincon and boardwipe protection. you can use the overrun if it's late in the game or hold up mana to turn other people's lands into creatures when a boardwipe hits. I haven't gone full elfball enough to run ezuri yet
Garruk Wildspeaker: is both ramp and an overrun. he either survives a turn, in which case I got to ramp a bit and "gained" some life, or he keeps surviving, allowing me to ramp and threaten an overrun (planeswalker removal is kinda rare in my group, i'm really the only green player)
-Champion of Lambholt: i want to test her out in a normal game before i make a decision
-Cathars' Crusade (mentioned above): it's a card that really only needs to be out for a turn and then everything gets out of hand. I might cut it later, but i'm not ready to yet