|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Common|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Fuel for the Cause
Counter target spell, then proliferate. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Fuel for the Cause Discussion
1 week ago
I would look at some of the new tribal stuff from CM17. I know as singles now, some of them can be a bit expensive, the dragon deck has all the ones that would be good in this deck, most notably Kindred Discovery.
You could look at some pump options like True Conviction. Also, there are enough feather counters going around you could probably play proliferate triggers pretty consistently, so maybe Inexorable Tide, Fuel for the Cause, or Steady Progress. Contagion Engine might also be good, but $$.
Also what about Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker?
Best of luck!!!
2 weeks ago
Hey there! Cool deck you have here! I have a few suggestions for you:
- First of all, I would highly recommend going down to 60 cards, the minimum deck size. There's a long and complicated reason for this, but suffice it to say every card you add over 60, you reduce your chances of drawing your best cards.
- Because of that, I'd cut: 2 Seaside Citadel, 2 Chained Throatseeker, 3 Dragon Fangs, 2 Core Prowler, 2 Spellskite, 2 Viral Drake, 2 Fuel for the Cause, 2 Leeching Bite, and 3 Turn Aside.
- I would recommend running a lot of pump spells. There are your classic ones like Giant Growth, Might of Old Krosa, and Vines of Vastwood, but you also get cool ones like Invigorate. If you're looking for more cards to cut, I'd start with your enchantments and noncreature artifacts, as none of them are particularly strong in a 60-card format. EDH, sure, but not so much in Legacy or Modern.
1 month ago
1 month ago
If you are going for the infect kill in commander then youll need all the infect and proliferate cards you can get. Here are some pretty good ones-
1 month ago
Nice to see another Ezuri player. In many respects, your Ezuri deck resembles my own. Creatures that synergize really well with your commander are Thrummingbird, Glen Elendra Archmage, Zameck Guildmage and Avenger of Zendikar.
With so many triggered abilities in your deck, I would also really consider adding Strionic Resonator. Fuel for the Cause is a really nice counterspell for this deck and I'd consider adding Fungal Sprouting; like Avenger, this can be used to give you a whole bunch of experience tokens all at once with Ezuri on the field.
Hope any of this helps!
1 month ago
This looks awesome so far. I like the small spells, fat creatures approach.
If you have room for another colorless land, Novijen, Heart of Progress makes an alright secondary Gavony Township. Walking Ballista and Hangarback Walker are also colorless and don't trigger your commander, but they're just freakin' sweet if you can proliferate them... maybe with a Fuel for the Cause.
Finally, some of my favorite janky build-around cards of all time, the counter enablers - Abzan Falconer, Abzan Battle Priest, Ivorytusk Fortress, Mer-Ek Nightblade, Tuskguard Captain, Bramblewood Paragon, etc. These won't make your deck better, but maybe more fun. Big, fun, fat, lifelinky, flying, deathtouchy, tramply 10/10s.
You pretty much already nailed it though. Good stuff as always.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Current Deck Criticisms/Upgrades
- Tooth and Nail, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Blightsteel Colossus seem out of place. Tooth and Nail feels like there should be a combo win in here to fetch. I don't know how you play, but I always hold a few creatures in my hand. I try to stay around 2-4 threats on the field at once so I can recover from wrath effects. Craterhoof could be an Overrun essentially, but that's merely a preference I believe.
- Living Death feels too symmetrical. You don't want them to get their threats back. Sun Titan might do the same job albeit it more slowly.
- Reanimate feels like not enough punch for the deck for a one-and-done effect. Phyrexian Reclamation is a permanent source of card advantage.
- Triumph of the Hordes is another card that could be Overrun/Overwhelming Stampede for one more colorless mana. More bang for the buck than +1/+1.
- Seedborn Muse - You don't have a lot of tap effects or cards with flash. What is this card adding to the deck?
- Counterspell - Negate and Arcane Denial are easier to cast with your mana base even though the former is slightly limited. The latter provides replaces itself. Both also seem better than the conditionally useful Corrupted Resolve.
- Crop Rotation - Is this the Inkmoth Nexus-finder? If you need more infect creatures, I would just add more creatures instead of fetching up a land.
- Slip Through Space - Although not a cantrip, Artful Dodge does the same thing and you can use it twice via flashback.
New Card Suggestions
I would strongly recommend some mana ramp and mana fixing:
Increase Color Availability
- Golgari Signet
- Noble Hierarch - Fixes mana and pumps creatures -- win-win!
- Orzhov Signet
- Plague Myr - colorless mana in a pinch AND infect!
- Simic Signet
- Contagion Engine - You really want this card. It closes out games on its own.
- Spread the Sickness - Slow/late game (5 CMC) removal, but it proliferates.
- Fuel for the Cause - Slow/late game (4 CMC) counterspell, but it proliferates.
- Corpse Cur - Eternal Witness #2 (almost) and it has infect.
- Lux Cannon - Not the fastest around, but a steady source of removal.
- Spinebiter - Infect with built-in "evasion".
- Trigon of Infestation - With a proliferation source, you can keep using this to recover from board wipes or cost-effectively overwhelm opponents.