|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
( can be paid with either or 2 life.)
Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays for each of those creatures.
Norn's Annex Discussion
on Life Lost v2
1 week ago
I would add the three talismans for your colours-- Talisman of Progress , Talisman of Dominance , and Talisman of Hierarchy . More ramp can never hurt, particularly since some of your combo pieces are a bit expensive to cast.
also made some good suggestions-- Sanguine Bond is a good redundancy for your combo, and, as an enchantment, is less likely to be removed. However, I do take issue with some of the other suggestions--the discard enchantments are mediocre unless your deck is designed to abuse them (i.e. Nekusar, the Mindrazer ) and they'd likely end up being dead cards most of the time with your build. Aminatou, the Fateshifter and Felidar Guardian is a cute combo, but also requires you to draw into a third combo piece. None of those three cards have great synergy with your deck overall, thus making them rather mediocre draws outside a combo win (whereas your other combo still has decent synergy with other elements of your deck, allowing them to further your victory even if you cannot combo off).
I would cut the following:
Dictate of Kruphix - I find cards like this are quite bad in multiplayer. Sure, they give you an extra card per turn; but they also give each of your opponents an extra card. So, in a four-player game, that means you get one card; your collective opponents get three. As such, you're increasing the chances someone will draw into their way of stopping you more than increasing your chances of winning.
Sphere of Safety - I do not think you have the critical mass of enchantments necessary to really make this worth five mana. If you need another prison, consider Norn's Annex or Ghostly Prison instead.
1 week ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
2 weeks ago
Karn Liberated is a bit on the pricey end for me. I like the look of Assemble the Legion and Meekstone but I am absolutely terrible at making cuts until I’ve been playing a deck for a while. So for now I’ll keep them in a sideboard to switch in if I’m playing in a meta that refuses to play with mass land destruction.
3 weeks ago
Seems kind of underpowered, even for a budget deck. Obviously, your Mana base wouldn't be great to begin with in a budget deck, but you lack ramp and card draw, both of which are essential to decks in EDH, especially in White. Whilst I profoundly disagree with the argument that White isn't very good on its own in EDH, it does have many problems in budget decks. I'd recommend you to filter out cards that are seemingly purposeless such as Wall of Omens or Eight-and-a-Half-Tails .
Furthermore, I find that your removal is barely acceptable considering that you're playing mono-White. Since you don't really have an aggro strategy, consider adding cards such as Land Tax , Smothering Tithe , Norn's Annex , Moat , et cetera. Maybe try to lean into a Proliferate strategy.
Cards such as Academy Rector , Karn Liberated Gideon, Ally of Zendikar and Ugin, the Spirit Dragon would greatly benefit your neutral game. Consider adding Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite , Pearl Medallion , Enlightened Tutor and Sword of Truth and Justice for general play as well. DEFINITELY add Thran Dynamo , Mana Crypt , Thran Temporal Gateway , Mana Vault and Metalworker to the deck as your ramp is not very good.
All in all, your concept for this deck seems interesting but lacks focus. I struggle to see how you could make a Superfriends deck on a budget, but keep on trying and you'll get there eventually.
P.S: I forgot to add Scroll Rack .
1 month ago
Frozen AEther has very little synergy with the rest of the deck
Greater Auramancy the card is good and great enchantment protection but it is not needed here
Burnished Hart maybe, good ramp for your colors, but is just a maybe
Solemn Simulacrum very good, but I think you can have a better card in the spot, no real way to abuse/recure him
1 month ago
I have actually goaded my way to victory or (near)victory several times now with my Marisi deck Cats off the Lawn!. Some allstars for me have been: Naya Charm , Return of the Wildspeaker , Glory , Wishmonger , Selvala's Stampede , Thieves' Auction , Oath of Druids , Earnest Fellowship , Gingerbrute , Lumbering Satyr . I can give you any number of reasons for any of those if some of them make you scratch your head. Mass enchantment hate or artifact hate has been much more important than mass creature hate for me. Of any subtractions, I would recommend Blazing Archon or Norn's Annex as I usually have effectively goaded out of taking hits anyway.
1 month ago
Cards to Add: Ensnaring Bridge Bottled Cloister Grand Abolisher Stony Silence Static Orb Hokori, Dust Drinker Torpor Orb Coalition Relic Scroll Rack Mind's Eye Crackdown Austere Command Terminus Worn Powerstone
1 month ago
So, I'm looking to build a 5 color land hate deck with Ramos, Dragon Engine . I'm looking for prison cards like Norn's Annex and Propaganda . Any land theft or land destruction cards like Pillage ; both aimed at my opponents, and if possible maybe some landfall triggers for me.
The guys and gals at my LGS are kind of competitive for no reason, and I dont really have a deck to keep up with all of their infinte combos. So I'm just looking for a good solid land destruction deck to slow them down for me to secure a win.
Norn's Annex occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%