|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has infect. (It deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters and to player in the form of poison counters.)
Whenever Grafted Exoskeleton becomes unattached from a permanent, sacrifice that permanent.
Grafted Exoskeleton Discussion
2 weeks ago
Your deck is trying to do too much at the same time, Skysovereign, Consul Flagship and Ratchet Bomb are emblematic of this. You only have one of each and they have spot removal (I think). You would be much better with other TRON cards instead of one set of Basilisk Collar .
You also need more Eldrazi to TRON. Kozelik is a waste to tron, any Ulamog or Emrakul, the Aeons Torn would do you better
And Walking Ballista is not that good here, you do not have the super ramp mana base to justify its XX cost.
UsagiBlade on meow
3 weeks ago
Cards to consider adding:
- Fleecemane Lion Should have been in the precon, really good cat
- Leonin Warleader
- Regal Caracal
- Prowling Serpopard
- Lost Leonin
- Chameleon Colossus
- Adorned Pouncer
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary cheap and effective card draw
- Swords to Plowshares Best removal spell in EDH
- Beast Within Also quite good removal since it can remove any nonland permanent
- Eladamri's Call Get the best creature for the current situation out of the deck
- Open the Armory Get the best equipment from the deck
Cards to consider cutting:
- Stalking Leonin Ability is a bit to narrow against multiple opponents
- Pouncing Cheetah Not good enough for its mana costs
- Watchers of the Dead Opponent can choose what cards he keeps
- Phantom Nishoba Not good enough for 7 mana
- Raksha Golden Cub Needs to be equipped to be good, otherwise a 3/4 for 7 mana is really bad.
- Sunspear Shikari
- Vivid Meadow A basic land is better in a two colored deck
- Vivid Grove Same as above
- Saltcrusted Steppe Storage counter lands are not good, a basic land is better here
- Hero's Blade No evasion (trample) or other good effects like Sword of the Animist
- Navigator's Compass 3 life once doesn't make any difference overall and it doesn't produce mana on its own like Selesnya Signet
3 weeks ago
If you're looking to optimise the deck, the best piece of advice I can give you is that you have too many combos. The problem with having an overabundance of combos is that ineveitably you'll get yourself in situations where you have Aggravated Assault + Atarka, World Render , or some other mix of two pieces but from differnet combos that don't work together.
If you want to have a deck with a lot of combo options, you have to find one core theme to build around and make sure your pieces are interchangeable that way.
Now, onto the combos themselves. First off, Food Chain does not work the way you think it does. For one, food chain mana can only be used to cast creature spells. So that means no Exsanguinate . Also, you are actually exiling the creatures, not sacrificing them, so no Zulaport Cutthroat . The better option here would be Purphoros, God of the Forge as all he has to see is ETBs. The mass creature buff also works really nicely. As mentioned, Goblin Bushwhacker is another solid options for food chain, as is Impact Tremors .
For the other combos, A lot of them are pretty bad sorry. You've listed stuff which is quite expensive to play or isn't actually a combo. For example, Dragonlord Atarka + Grafted Exoskeleton is just dealing 5 infect damage to a creature. Sword of Feast and Famine + Bear Umbra just makes some mana. Rings of Brighthearth + Basalt Monolith makes infinite colurless mana, sure, but without an outlet for it, infinite mana means nothing. I get you have Exsanguinate , but a three card combo that does nothing with outer cards is bad here. Hellkite Charger + Savage Ventmaw doesn't work, you're one mana short each loop.
It's really important to actualyl see what the combos do and understand them before just adding a bunch to the deck.
Also, you need more ramp. You want to know how to make a deck faster? Lower the curve and add more ramp. Since your primary combo here is Food Chain , adding mana dorks will help immensly as you can eat them to kickstart your combo. Llanowar Elves , Elvish Mystic , Elves of Deep Shadow , Arbor Elf (you need to fix your mana base but this will give you lots of value once you do), Priest of Titania , Fyndhorn Elves , Wall of Roots , Birds of Paradise , etc.
You also need more card advantage in general. Having tutors is nice, but a) you need more of them, b) you need cheaper ones and c) you need more raw card advantage. Skullclamp , Painful Truths , Wheel of Fortune , even cards like Lifecrafter's Bestiary can be good. And the more you bring your curve down (seriously, 3.55 average CMC is really high), you can start takign advantage of cards like Ad Nauseam and Dark Confidant .
Yes, a lot of the cards I have recommended means you have to cut a bunch of big bomb cards. But that's how you make a deck faster and more consistent. A core win condition package surrounded by ramp and card advantage, with a bit of removal on the side. Filling your deck wit hBig, slow cards guarantees that you plays will be slow and not as impactful as you want.
3 weeks ago
For convenience, I'll go ahead and list the existing combos in this thread -
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Food Chain + Zulaport Cutthroat
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Food Chain + Goblin Bombardment
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Food Chain + Exsanguinate
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Food Chain + Fervor
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Atarka, World Render
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Xenagos, God of Revels
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Grafted Exoskeleton + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Grafted Exoskeleton + Atarka, World Render
- Grafted Exoskeleton + Dragonlord Atarka
- Triumph of the Hordes + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Triumph of the Hordes + Atarka, World Render
- Triumph of the Hordes + Dragonlord Atarka
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Combat Celebrant
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Zealous Conscripts
- Splinter Twin + Combat Celebrant
- Splinter Twin + Zealous Conscripts
- Helm of the Host + Godo, Bandit Warlord + ( Panharmonicon + Hammer of Nazahn )
- Sword of Feast and Famine + Hellkite Charger
- Sword of Feast and Famine + Bear Umbra
- Savage Ventmaw + Hellkite Charger
- Savage Ventmaw + Aggravated Assault
- Sanguine Bond + Exquisite Blood
- Life and Limb + Sporemound
- Helm of Obedience + Leyline of the Void
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Triskelion
- Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth
1 month ago
She's currently in the batters box of decks I have started buying cards for even though I haven't decided on a final design.
First question. What is your opinion of running one-off ramp like Mana Geyser and Cabal Ritual to get you to the point where you can actually cast Insurrection ? It seems like the most Game Over card in the deck but I'd imagine actually getting to the point of casting it doesn't happen too often.
Second. I'm really iffy about relying on combat damage to win the game. Maybe it's just the meta I'm running in but unless Craterhoof of Triumph of the Hordes is involved I don't often see games ending because 3 people had their life total reduced to zero. I guess what I'm asking is, what is the finishing power of the deck? Would cards like Hatred or Grafted Exoskeleton possibly be good includes?
Third. How would the deck perform in a creature light meta? Tribal is the exception and not the rule around these parts and there are a lot of games I'll be playing against 2 or maybe even three decks that run below 20 creatures. In a lot of cases less.
Fourth: What would you think about shifting the ramp from artifacts heavy to mana dork heavy? My thinking here is that more bodies would help push the aggro once you've sufficiently ramped and could be sacced to an Altar for casting big spells. It would also enable running a bunch of mass artifact hate to attack other people's ramp.
Fifth: This sort of ties into the last one. How hard is it to get sufficient amounts of the colours you need? Because I'd like to go much heavier on basics and run non-basic hate like Bad Moon Ruination Magus of the Moon and Back to Basics . It's frowned on in some circles (not mine, but some) to go after lands but this strikes me as the perfect deck to mess with people's mana supply once you have a nice board state going.
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestion JhonAF! I actually had ordered the card before you posted but did not know if I would be using it or not. I ended up taking out Grafted Exoskeleton for it. The main reason being if they get rid of Grafted Exoskeleton before they die then it was a waste because I have no other way to finish them off with poison. Gratuitous Violence has been great though, most players don't want to take 12 damage to cast a spell!
1 month ago
Grafted Exoskeleton it's a personal choice and every time it hit the table this equipment had the job done.
Cant wait to see the new set War of the Spark. I'm pretty sure I'm going to see something good for my deck.
1 month ago
Hey hkhssweiss, I really like the ideas and concept for your deck. I would recommend you to use Chameleon Colossus and Skyhunter Skirmisher instead of Vanguard of Brimaz and Ajani's Chosen since Arahbo, Roar of the World doesn't really reward the going white route. One thing I feel Arahbo, Roar of the World decks lack is having a "surprise component". Playing a single cat and pumping it for one big attack is quite predictable for the opponents. Even though you go try to go full enchantment I'd further recommend you to use Grafted Exoskeleton (maybe instead of Faith's Reward )since it is easier to get to the 10 lethal damage this way instead of pumping one creature for a 40 power swing. I wish I had the money/cards to test this deck since I'm still not sure whether Arahbo, Roar of the World does suit enchantments over artifacts. Anyway thanks a lot for putting this list together! It's very interesting to get a different view on the cat commander! :)
Grafted Exoskeleton occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%