Rocky Tar Pit
Rocky Tar Pit enters the battlefield tapped.
, Sacrifice Rocky Tar Pit: Search your library for a Swamp or Mountain card and put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Rocky Tar Pit Discussion
3 months ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
4 months ago
jkidizkool Thank you! In regards to the manabase, what would you suggest? I'm having a bit of trouble finding good budget picks for it (and because of modern legality, really wanted Rocky Tar Pit and Mountain Valley but nope).
5 months ago
Good for Monocolor:
Excuse me, you dropped this:
5 months ago
7 months ago
Hello! Nice build, +1! =)
You've got a pretty excellent selection of Creatures and Spells, though I would recommend Three Visits and Nature's Lore . I think you could really take advantage of Brass's Bounty , too. Normally I would recommend more Treasure based cards for Korvold but since you're playing a Land based strategy it'd be a bit redundant here.
I think Land cards that Sacrifice themselves for no additional mana cost is where I would be looking for upgrades to make this deck even better. If Pain Fetches aren't an option, I would definitely recommend Rocky Tar Pit & Mountain Valley . I think a Ghost Quarter would go nicely with your Tectonic Edge as well, and maybe a Strip Mine & Wasteland , too - depending on how malevolent you feel haha!
9 months ago
nice idea. +1 from me.
If have some suggestions:
- Iron Maiden is actual a metal band and with a lot of card draw in EDH it's also relevant.
- Man-o'-War is actual a metal band but is probably not good enough for the deck
- Grave Titan is actual a metal band and is goog in beating faces
- Soul Shatter sounds good and fit the game plan
- Rocky Tar Pit maybe
- Skinrender sounds pretty metal
10 months ago
First: Thxs for the ideas and the help. they are always welcome
Second: This not a competitive deck it just a deck to mess around with friends with so having tapped lands is no big deal to me but I thought I did add Blood Crypt hun and as for Bloodstained Mire Idk Rocky Tar Pit does the job for cheaper and if I really needed fetch lands I would go with Evolving Wilds or Terramorphic Expanse instead but will keep it in mind.
Third: Since this deck is just for fun and since it is just imps no more $350 (less is better) for the whole deck and no more than $20 per card unless they are too perfect not to add.
1 year ago
Hey there mate! From what I see, you have all three shock lands (Pay 2 on ETB), all the filter lands (Pay X/Y get combination) and the check lands (ETB tapped unless X/Y). These are all great lands, but I think almost everything else can get a nice sweet upgrade. Note some of my suggestions may not be in your budget
- Blackcleave Cliffs
- Concealed Courtyard
- Inspiring Vantage
- Bloodstained Mire (Budget: Rocky Tar Pit
- Marsh Flats
- Arid Mesa
- Sulfurous Springs
- Caves of Koilos/Silent Clearing
- Battlefield Forge/Sunbaked Canyon
- Luxury Suite
- Vault of Champions
- Spectator Seating
- Ancient Tomb
- Prismatic Vista (A better Evolving Wilds)
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Reflecting Pool
- Strip Mine/Wasteland (A better Ghost Quarter)
- Gemstone Caverns
Glacial Chasm (For Pillowfort?)
Now I know that is quite a lot, but don't worry- I have an idea. I personally believe all of the following could and should be cut for some of the suggestions below, as you progress with your deck. Akoum Refuge, Bloodfell Caves, Evolving Wilds, Ghost Quarter, Nomad Outpost (Maybe Savai Triome instead?), Opal Palace, Scoured Barrens, Smoldering Marsh (it's only good in decks heavy with basics), Wind-Scarred Crag, etc!
Hope this helps! If you like my suggestions be sure to support some of my decks (Double Trouble EDH *PRIMER*). Anyways though, hope this helps, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Happy tapping!