|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Courser of Kruphix
Enchantment Creature — Centaur
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
You may play the top card of your library if it's a land card.
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 1 life.
|Have (9)||Mortiferus_Rosa , Blue_Flame , , saj0219 , Bluboltar , jecder , STG , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , miracle|
|Want (10)||0210 , nClark45 , chickenfingers7536 , Coconut42 , Nico-sama , Fallentyrant , Sorgol , Tugboat , madman-from-space , Ram0se95|
Courser of Kruphix Discussion
1 day ago
I like this deck. Gitrog has a lot of potential and I personally would love to make a deck of my own.
I'm not sure of what decks are played in your meta or your budget, but here are some suggestions!
- Crucible of Worlds : Self-explanatory... a very consistent recursion outlet.
- Courser of Kruphix / Oracle of Mul Daya : This helps to cheat in lands from our library so we can draw the cards that we actually want each turn.
- Blighted Woodland : A budget fetch land (personally I'd run at least 5 fetches in this deck, but I know they can become quite expensive...).
- Bayou : Dual Land
- Dryad Arbor : This is such a versatile card because it serves as ramp, board presence, and is a sacrifice target (double triggers; creature + land) all while being a land. I like to search it out turn 1 with Green Sun's Zenith to get early acceleration in the game (plus, if it dies, you can just recur it!).
- Ulvenwald Hydra : This serves as a land tutor plus a big beater later in the game.
- Sylvan Safekeeper : Protection!
- Sylvan Library : Literally the best card advantage you can get in green.
Hope this helps! Let me know what you think.
1 day ago
About those of your suggestions. I have been testing Narset, Parter of Veils by cutting Coercive Portal and she has been amazing and is here to stay but I don't know what is right to cut. I have also been testing Treasure Cruise by cutting Tasigur, the Golden Fang because Karakas has been showing its head.
And now to your maybeboard.
- First is that I would switch Liliana of the Veil because in a controlling deck Liliana, the Last Hope is just amazing because she makes combat unbearable for opponents + she is card advantage and win condition.
- I haven't had good time with Chart a Course and I feel like that it is more tempo card and I would replace it with Gitaxian Probe
- Search for Azcanta Flip is just too good not to play. I would cut Ashiok, Dream Render because I tested her in 2 tournaments and I drew her 8 times and never wanted to play her even on to empty field.
- I would change Liliana's Triumph to Collective Brutality because there aren't many creatures that you need to kill with sacrifice (True name, Mirran Crusader are the biggest)
- For some reason I have had hard time finding enough cards in graveyard to support 3 big delve creatures + tarmo + azcanta so I would suggest trying to cut Tasigur, the Golden Fang to Scavenging Ooze
- This may be only personal preference but I don't like Pernicious Deed in sultai for some reason and I would suggest giving change to Courser of Kruphix or Spellseeker
- For your manabase I would suggest adding more colored lands like fast lands Blooming Marsh Botanical Sanctum Darkslick Shores and cutting Volrath's Stronghold , Temple of Mystery and then either one of these Bojuka Bog or Sunken Hollow and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Tectonic Edge . Personally I wouldn't even play Field of Ruin but it can fix and is good enough
- I wouldn't add Coiling Oracle any more because Modern Horizons is bringing us Ice-Fang Coatl that is just sadly supreme version of Oracle (crying because it is my pet card)
- Sakura-Tribe Elder , Shriekmaw and Recurring Nightmare are more rock like strategy and don't fit in + Nightmare is shit if you don't have enough creatures
- I would suggest to test Glen Elendra Archmage and Catacomb Sifter depending what your meta is like. Oh and Eldritch Evolution is extremely powerful card but I am not sure of it because you don't have as many creatures.
Otherwise your deck seems solid more controlling sultai that will win games.
I hope that I answered your question well enough. Also remember that these are just suggestions and not absolute do things and some cards may be better in different meta games.
1 week ago
Seems you're missing lands. You might want to add some removal. Also, I suggest you cut out Courser of Kruphix . It's the only green card and doesn't fit the vampire theme, so switching to rakdos probably will make things more consistent.
2 weeks ago
My immediate thought with utilizing the Bros efficiently was to emphasize artifact creatures (ex. Goblin Replica ) and enchantment creatures (ex. Courser of Kruphix ) so you could always have options on what to sacrifice to answer a problem. You have the creature portion covered completely but I honestly cannot see you wanting to sacrifice any of your enchantments without also hurting yourself.
Most options to make expendable enchantment tokens are not great, like Pharika, God of Affliction , but some like Renowned Weaver could be viable because, again, it gives you options on what you want to sacrifice.
Bros' cost is also kind of expensive so ways to reduce it or generate more mana (you are in ) will allow multiple activations if need be. Heartstone and Thran Turbine come to mind to reduce their cost and Burnished Hart , Wild-Field Scarecrow , Solemn Simulacrum , Skittering Surveyor and Pilgrim's Eye are great early game to fix your mana while late-game you can sacrifice them to either ability.
You mentioned reanimation in the description so some more options are Animate Dead , Dance of the Dead , Phyrexian Delver , Oath of Ghouls , Palace Siege , Entreat the Dead , Feldon of the Third Path , Victimize , and Whisper, Blood Liturgist .
I would also consider other sacrifice options so in case you do not need to activate Bros you can still generate value via sacrificing your tokens or creatures. Altar's Reap and Costly Plunder for card advantage, Sidisi, Undead Vizier to tutor, Priest of Forgotten Gods for multi-value, etc.
You have the protective-footwear covered but I would consider adding Spider Umbra and Kaya's Ghostform so you can protect or sacrifice them if need be. Other personal favorites of mine are Undying Evil and Supernatural Stamina .
Looks nefariously "fun!"
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
With Jund Vampires, if using Vampire Nocturnus I would limiting how many non-black you use, so for me I wouldn't use Sylvan Scrying . I feel there are better ways to get land and change the top card of the deck without it. I would definitely consider using Dusk Legion Zealot with Courser of Kruphix and\or Vampire Nocturnus . Viscera Seer or Asylum Visitor might be better depending on your needs.
1 month ago
Well, again this will probably all blow the budget, but the following are all really good in this sort of deck:
Garruk Wildspeaker gives you extra untaps which often just pays for himself, as well as free beasts to stall out
Primal Command is very abusable
Courser of Kruphix buys you time with its body and gives you much better draws
1 month ago
Kjartan I think I'm starting to understand what you mean. I've edited the deck some in what I feel fits the kind of changes you're explaining i may need. Lower costs, more consistent to what works. The only thing I haven't done yet is add Abrupt Decay and Scavenging Ooze I'm probably going to add later after I get a few. Also heavily considering Courser of Kruphix after some play testing and seeing how the revisions handle. I hope you agree on my decisions as an improvement and a step in the right direction. I understand you're not trying to give me cut and dry "replace this with this and this with this" and so I'm trying to make the decisions based on the advice as a whole and how I understand the deck. I appreciate the continuing advice and I hope I can some day make this deck competitive at some point. Please feel free to help me get better if it's not too much to ask. Its been a good learning experience so far
Courser of Kruphix occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.11%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
BRG (Jund): 1.04%