|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Courser of Kruphix
Enchantment Creature — Centaur
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
You may play the top card of your library if it's a land card.
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 1 life.
Courser of Kruphix Discussion
3 days ago
In terms of your maybeboard, it kind of looks like you want to build an enchantress deck. Being in white and green is a good place to be for that subtheme. Consider Argothian Enchantress , Enchantress's Presence , Mesa Enchantress , Satyr Enchanter , Verduran Enchantress , Guardian Project , Greater Good , Colossal Majesty , Elemental Bond , and Three Dreams as your draw package. Rhythm of the Wild , Ghostly Prison , Smothering Tithe , Zendikar Resurgent , Mirari's Wake , Courser of Kruphix , Burgeoning , Exploration , Sphere of Safety , Sunbird's Invocation , Aura Shards , Blind Obedience , True Conviction , Song of the Dryads , Darksteel Mutation , Grasp of Fate , Mana Reflection , Cast Out , Xenagos, God of Revels , Frontier Siege , Abundance , Duelist's Heritage , Defense of the Heart , Carpet of Flowers , and Unquestioned Authority become attractive.
6 days ago
Hey, looks good, nice start. Creative intro deck description :) Do you have the cards in the maybeboard? There's some cards there especially lands that are better than main deck cards.
I think you're better off playing more basic Forests in place of ETB tapped lands such as Jungle Hollow, Kazandu Refuge, Akoum Refuge, etc. even the Bounce lands even though they have interaction with landfall. Consider more/upgraded land ramp? It helps with more Forests. Windgrace as Commander can benefit from a lot of land ramp because you need lands to fuel his abilities. More land ramp also helps to power landfall creatures.
Land ramp to consider adding:
- Kodama's Reach : also puts a basic land into hand, good with cards that let you play an additional land per turn.
- Nature's Lore
- Skyshroud Claim
- Sylvan Scrying
Farseek, Lore, Skyshroud is dual land ramp.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Charnelhoard Wurm
- Garna, the Bloodflame
- Whiptongue Hydra
- Hunting Wilds
Other semi-budget cards to consider adding:
- Nissa, Vital Force : use lands as attackers/blockers, can recur a land/other permanent, fast ultimate that can be a repeatable source of draw that your opponents can't stop (emblem).
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip: she flips fast into a Planeswalker who then gives you another repeatable source of card advantage.
- Fierce Empath : tutor for a big creature such as Avenger, etc.
- Horn of Greed : repeatable draw when you play lands, you'll benefit much more from this then your opponents.
- Gamble : unconditional tutor.
- Signal the Clans : instant tutor for any three creatures and put one of them randomly into your hand.
- Lotus Cobra : very good mana dork when playing a lot of lands and land ramp spells.
- Courser of Kruphix : play lands from the top of your library, gain life when you play lands.
- Beast Within : permanent removal.
- Chaos Warp : permanent removal.
- Blasphemous Act : board wipe upgrade.
- Pernicious Deed
Cards to consider cutting:
- Ruinous Path
- Savage Twister
- Seek the Horizon
- Stitch Together
- Consign to Dust
- Seer's Sundial
- The Mending of Dominaria
- Khalni Heart Expedition
- Acidic Slime
- Centaur Vinecrasher
- Worm Harvest
- Gaze of Granite
1 week ago
I_TappedWrong Thanks for all the advice!
I am going to try to get Purphoros, God of the Forge and Impact Tremors soon. I will probably keep Omnath, Locus of Rage in tho, since he is just fun to play with. He usually gets hit with removal pretty quickly, but I get a token or two every time. When the time comes, I will probably take out Courser of Kruphix .
Your deck looks great by the way. I want to work on my manabase, and yours seems pretty solid. I currently have too many lands that come into play tapped.
1 week ago
FIND ALL THE USEFUL MOONFOLK!!!
all generic ramp
Serum Visions - ?
Psychosis Crawler - maybe
Ulvenwald Hydra - maybe
Zendikar's Roil - maybe
INSTANTS - replace counterspells bad ones
2 weeks ago
I never understood why so many people build Karametra as an enchantress deck. Her strength is clearly Creatures and Landfall! So I'm glad you are running Courser of Kruphix , Lotus Cobra , Emeria Shepherd , Emeria Angel , Rampaging Baloths , Admonition Angel , Tireless Tracker , and Avenger of Zendikar .
But in a deck that takes so much advantage of landfall, why only 1 fetchland? If you added more fetchlands, and then Azusa, Lost but Seeking , Ramunap Excavator . . . suddenly your Lotus Cobra is getting you 6 mana per turn completely for free, Rampaging Baloths is dropping 6 beast tokens per turn completely for free. Plus the extras you'll get for playing creatures and triggering Karametra.
Obviously fetchlands plus Karametra/Creatures triggers will run you out of basics to fetch. But when that happens you should be so far ahead that you can find a wincon.
If you put in Quirion Ranger , Scryb Ranger , Jungle Basin , and Karoo , and you don't even need lands in your deck to keep getting the land drop triggers.
If you wanted even more land drops you could of course run Wayward Swordtooth , Oracle of Mul Daya , Llanowar Scout , Sakura-Tribe Scout , Walking Atlas , probably others I can't think of off the top of my head.
More ways to take advantage of so much landfall: Retreat to Kazandu , Grazing Gladehart , Oran-Rief Hydra , Retreat to Emeria , Stone-Seeder Hierophant (toss in a Wild Growth , Utopia Sprawl , or Overgrowth and watch what Stoneseeder can do in this deck!)
Fetchlands Available to G/W: Terramorphic Expanse Evolving Wilds Myriad Landscape Flooded Strand Bloodstained Mire Wooded Foothills Blighted Woodland Bant Panorama Esper Panorama Grixis Panorama Jund Panorama Naya Panorama Marsh Flats Verdant Catacombs Arid Mesa Misty Rainforest Terminal Moraine Thawing Glaciers
2 weeks ago
You are putting upon yourself a very dangerous restriction, so u need A LOT OF card advantage.
Here some suggestions:
Need some kind of protection too:
And to finish the game a one card combo
3 weeks ago
- I generally LOVE Tracker, but like I say in the FAQ section: Tracker is amazing in grindy match-ups, where she provides some card advantage almost no matter what, and can completely run away with games if unanswered. But in the current meta, she's frankly too slow for the maindeck, and unnecessary in the side.
- Courser though, just barely missed the cut. The incidental lifegain adds up VERY quickly, her 4 Toughness is very relevant (and she's amazing as a 3/5, with Riot), and she synergizes very nicely with Tracker and Chandra. But Finks + Riot is even better, and I'm not running Tracker, so I'm leaving her in the deck box for now ...
Domri, Chaos Bringer is already on the maybeboard, and the idea of swapping him for a Rhythm of the Wild is intriguing (so far, I've been testing him in a Chandra slot). I wasn't actually expecting him to be great tbh (since the deck only has 23 Creatures), but he's been testing suprisingly well. Not sure what you mean by him as a 3-mana spell ... he's definitely a 4-drop, if nothing else because we can't Cascade into him with Bloodbraid Elf . But between ramp, card draw (or filtering, in the worst case), and an ultimate that's quite scary to many decks, he's worth more testing for sure.
3 weeks ago
Cool deck! Riot plus Titans <3 No love for Primeval Titan ?
Courser of Kruphix occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0,11%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,06%
BRG (Jund): 1,04%