Wrenn and Six
Legendary Planeswalker — Wrenn
+1: Return up to one target land card from your graveyard to your hand.
-1: Wrenn and Six deals 1 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
-7: You get an emblem with "Instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard have retrace. (You may cast that card from your graveyard by discarding a land card in addition to paying its other costs.)"
|Have (3)||Oloro_Magic , , CampbellStev|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Wrenn and Six Discussion
1 week ago
SwissRolls I get what you say but consider this: Wrenn and Six is a must answer for control because if they let it resolve you get card advantage and eventually ulti and win, against aggro it's a very good lava dart on their annoying threats and against midrange they have to deal with it in the attack step leaving you free to use your resources on other things.
Moreover you can cut down on lands if you use him and since this is a tempo deck, you need to force your opponent to have many different answers and run them thin. Wrenn is a planeswalker that can end games on it's own coming down as early as turn 2 and can not be fatal pushed or pathed ( unlike Tarmogoyf ). I'd also like to add that since you're running Dreadhorde Arcanist the deck is already trying to go late in some extend. I'm actually very fond of this card in any deck that can run it, because of the low opportunity cost.
( I need to add a disclaimer here because I've only played Temur Delver in legacy when W&6 was still legal there and HAD TO put Oko afterwards, because W&6 outperformed him in that format. For modern I've gone the Grixis route that aims for the long game with attricion spells like Inquisition of Kozilek , and the Izzet route that reminds more of a counter-burn deck with Arcanist so it can close games when it hits the late game )
1 week ago
Gekix I don't think that Wrenn and Six is that good in this deck. It isn't really trying to go that long, this isn't a midrange deck. With Oko now banned I'll put one in the deck though. With Dreadhorde and The Royal Scions it can recast all of our cards. Maybe 9-10 cantrips is right but i never had probably when I built this deck.
1 week ago
Well now that Oko is banned it's certainly not in that form xD
But anyways, I sould give an honest opinion, so here it goes : 1. Trying to fit those 2 planeswakers you left out the best reason to spash green : Wrenn and Six . 2. Also I think a healthy number for inst/sorc in a delver deck is 28+ and you have less so the delver does not flip that often, I suggest you trim down on threats like Tarmogoyf ( and find a way to add W&6 ). 3. Moreover if you want to go with Dreadhorde Arcanist rather than Snapcaster Mage consider adding more 1 mana cantrips like Opt and Peek . 4. Sidenote : I think Hexdrinker is a good card to try in that shell.
2 weeks ago
Okiba, the Sagacious
Legendary Planeswalker - Okiba
+1: Target opponent discards a card. Return target Rat creature card from your library to your hand.
-2: Each creature an opponent controls gets -X/-X, where X is the number of Rats you control.
-4: Search your library for a Rat creature card, and put it into your hand.
2 weeks ago
Hey man, just saw your post on the modern magic subreddit, congrats on the 5-0!
I've been a huge fan of delver for a few years now (it was my first modern deck, and I even once did pretty deece at an SCG with it), and I would love if I could pick your brain on a few questions.
1) Any reason for the snow lands over regular basics?
2) Would you consider adding Thought Scour to power up goyf/ sinkhole/ snapcaster? It would also be available to pitch to Force of Negation. Speaking of...
3) Have you encountered any problems having enough blue cards to pitch to force of negation in a 3 color deck? What would you consider to be the critical mass needed to justify a full playset in the maindeck?
4) In games that you side in the anger of the gods, how did you play with it given the fact that it kills all of your own creature threats except goyf? (and even sometimes goyf won't survive)
5) If Oko sticks around in modern, would there be any consideration at all to running a split between him and Wrenn and Six ? If yes, how would it change the ratio of fetchlands to non-fetchlands, if at all?
6) With the huge popularity of both Urza decks and Shadow decks, have you found just the 2 sideboard veil of summer to be enough to adequately combat them?
7) Do you think that Mishra's Bauble would be appropriate in this deck? It has utility for fueling delve, cantripping, manipulating the top of your deck with fetchalnds for delver, and powering up goyf. It would come with the downside of decreasing the instant/ sorcery count for delver however.
Any and all insight you have on this would be super appreciated. Thanks!
2 weeks ago
rubytuesdays landfall/lands matter tend to be quite expensive. If you are on a budget, I’d remove Wrenn and Six if you are not running fetch lands. Omnath is also a super CMC intensive commander, I’d add a lot more ramp
3 weeks ago
I think that new Satyr Commander is a solid one for Gruul. Let's be honest, Gruul wants to attack, and card advantage is everything. So drawing cards for attacking? Sign me up for that shit.
To get around the whole "at random" bit, just pick cards that can be interacted with in the graveyard. Flashback, Madness, you got Heaven / Earth , Mouth / Feed , Insult / Injury , Struggle / Survive , etc. And with Crucible of Worlds , Ramunap Excavator & Wrenn and Six you can get your lands back. She also helps produce an anthem effect if you'd like to use Xenagos, the Reveler .
I don't think I'd recommend Dredge, but I mean it is technically an option.
So it seems like a really fun chaos deck. Lots of wild interactions and unexpected plays, if that's your sort of thing.
In fact, if building a chaos deck is your goal, this would actually be one Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded would work well in.
4 weeks ago
Now that is a disgusting combo.