Mountain Valley enters the battlefield tapped.
, Sacrifice Mountain Valley: Search your library for a Mountain or Forest card and put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Mountain Valley Discussion
1 week ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
1 week ago
Lands to consider: Terramorphic Expanse , Myriad Landscape , Blighted Woodland , Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle , Ghost Quarter and/or Strip Mine (use them to create small combos), Thespian's Stage , Mountain Valley , Ghost Town , Jund Panorama , Naya Panorama , Ash Barrens , Wasteland , Drownyard Temple , Lotus Field , Cryptic Caves (a nice draw engine), Warped Landscape , Sunscorched Desert (repeatable damage), Command Beacon (nice way to avoid commander tax)...there's more, but you get the idea. Most of these produce some kind of mana so you won't be without it. You just need to keep the cycle of dropping lands going.
1 month ago
jkidizkool Thank you! In regards to the manabase, what would you suggest? I'm having a bit of trouble finding good budget picks for it (and because of modern legality, really wanted Rocky Tar Pit and Mountain Valley but nope).
1 month ago
Nice deck! I have a Rakdos modern deck that is lots of fun. Might I suggest Rakdos Charm , Spawn of Mayhem , and Chandra's Spitfire . Gravel-Hide Goblin cannot be used in this deck due to the green mana symbol. I would suggest swapping out a few of the lands such as Bad River , Mountain Valley and Esper Panorama for more basic lands.
2 months ago
Good for Monocolor:
Excuse me, you dropped this:
4 months ago
Hello! Nice build, +1! =)
You've got a pretty excellent selection of Creatures and Spells, though I would recommend Three Visits and Nature's Lore . I think you could really take advantage of Brass's Bounty , too. Normally I would recommend more Treasure based cards for Korvold but since you're playing a Land based strategy it'd be a bit redundant here.
I think Land cards that Sacrifice themselves for no additional mana cost is where I would be looking for upgrades to make this deck even better. If Pain Fetches aren't an option, I would definitely recommend Rocky Tar Pit & Mountain Valley . I think a Ghost Quarter would go nicely with your Tectonic Edge as well, and maybe a Strip Mine & Wasteland , too - depending on how malevolent you feel haha!
6 months ago
Hey, good budget version of Gishath.
Congregation at Dawn ($2 at CardKingdom) and Mwonvuli Beast Tracker can search for Dinos/Dino and put them/it on top of your library before you attack with Gishath making sure that you cheat a Dino/Dinos onto the battlefield with the attack. Tracker can get any Dino who has trample and there's quite a few including Quartzwood. Shared Summons can get any two creatures into your hand which includes Forerunner and an enrage Dino.
Garruk's Uprising is a good repeatable draw and trample source with Dinos. Getting both these abilities from a three drop enchantment is helpful especially with Quartzwood. Rhythm of the Wild makes Gishath uncounterable as well as a haste enabler for other Dinos or a +1/+1 counter source to help against Marauding/Forerunner's damage to a creature. Jeska's Will can make ramp to cast a fast Gishath for as low as five mana. Make seven or more red mana with Will then add any one white mana and any one green mana.
Otepec Huntmaster as a ramp source is better than Kinjalli's Caller because Huntmaster is also a haste enabler for a Dino and rarely will you have white mana turn one to cast Caller. Apex Altisaur is a big Dino who's an upgrade for Burning Sun's Avatar repeatable fight with enrage and it fights an opponent's creature when it ETB.
Cinder Glade and Canopy Vista would help color fixing because then Farseek, Skyshroud Claim, Mountain Valley can search for a dual land and Battle lands have interaction with lots of basic lands. Path of Ancestry is a good budget Rainbow land for tribal since repeatable scry is helpful. Mosswort Bridge's hideaway can easily be triggered with Dinos. Some other budget lands are Battlefield Forge, Naya Panorama, Ash Barrens.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Highland Weald
- Timber Gorge
- Tranquil Expanse
- Gruul Guildgate
- Vivid Crag
- Vivid Meadow
- Graypelt Refuge
- Shamanic Revelation
- Alpha Authority
- Kinjalli's Caller
- Burning Sun's Avatar
- Siegehorn Ceratops
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Raging Regisaur
- Gratuitous Violence
Good luck with your deck.