This enters the battlefield tapped.
, Sacrifice this: Search your library for a Forest or Plains card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 months ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
3 months ago
5 months ago
Good for Monocolor:
Excuse me, you dropped this:
6 months ago
I wouldn't be sad for slow fetches coming into modern... by no means do they replace the Zendikar fetches but something like Grasslands would just be nice for budget players/people trying to get into modern.
10 months ago
My advice is consider cutting a few land ramp spells and adding some repeatable draw sources such as Valakut Exploration, Garruk's Uprising and Tireless Tracker. Exploration uses landfall to play cards from the top of your library including lands. It can also be graveyard fuel for Trove Warden, Sun Titan and Emeria Shepherd. Uprising is an amazing budget card in Commander with creature strategies especially with Omnath, Locus of Rage and Rampaging Baloths since it triggers when a token is created. Tracker, Mystery Booster version, creates clues with landfall and clues can sac to draw.
Crop Rotation can tutor for any land which is nice with Bounce lands, Fetch lands, Kessig Wolf Run and Gavony Township. Emeria Angel and Scute Swarm are build your own army with landfall which is very good with Doubling Season, Felidar Retreat, Township and Beastmaster Ascension.
Cinder Glade and Canopy Vista are some land upgrades for the manabase because they have good interaction with lots of basic lands and they're two different land types. Farseek, Nature's Lore, Grasslands, Mountain Valley can search for one of these dual lands. Krosan Verge and Skyshroud Claim can get both of them. These Battle lands are $2 or less each at TCGPlayer. Exotic Orchard is a budget Rainbow land that's quite good in multiplayer Commander.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Gruul Guildgate
- Selesnya Guildgate
- Boros Guildgate
- 1x Forest
- Awakening of Vitu-Ghazi
- Beanstalk Giant
- Nissa's Renewal
- Far Wanderings
- Circuitous Route
- Rampant Growth
- Retreat to Kazandu
Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
So there're a couple of things I think you can do to improve this deck; feel free to ignore any/all of them:
Mana dorks! The greatest strength of green in EDH is its access to 1 mana dorks who make mana. I highly recommend running at least for (and possibly 6-7) of the following: Birds of Paradise, Deathrite Shaman, Llanowar Elves, Elves of Deep Shadow, Fyndhorn Elves, Elvish Mystic, Boreal Druid, Arbor Elf... These will give you access to consistent ramp that other colors simply cannot match if they don't have a Sol Ring in their opening hand.
Dorks also allow you to run better artifact-hate, if you replace your rocks with them. Cutting things like Thran Dynamo for a Llanowar Elves will both allow you to come out of the gate faster and allow you to run Null Rod effects to nail your opponents' ramp. Collector Ouphe is the top of this category, since you can grab it with tutors like Green Sun's Zenith (which I think you should run if you can).
Cantrips are important! They can dig you to what you need when you need it for relatively little mana. Brainstorm, Ponder and Preordain belong in pretty much any blue deck, though Brainstorm is questionable since you don't have many free shuffle effects (usually provided by fetch lands). I would definitely run Ponder and Preordain, and Brainstorm if you change up your manabase a little.
Speaking of fetches, they're expensive these days -- but there are more affordable options. Consider what are called the "slow fetches:" Rocky Tar Pit, Bad River, Flood Plain, Grasslands and Mountain Valley. These are almost as good and also fetch nonbasics like Breeding Pool and Watery Grave, if you choose to run them. Evolving Wilds, Fabled Passage and Terramorphic Expanse are also options.
That's all I got. Good luck!
1 year ago
Hey there! Your land section seems great already, but there are a couple of extras I would recommend adding:
- Wooded Bastion
- Razorverge Thicket
- Windswept Heath (Budget: Grasslands)
- Horizon Canopy
- Bountiful Promenade
- Ancient Tomb
- Prismatic Vista
- Fabled Passage
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Reflecting Pool
- Strip Mine/Wasteland
- Forbidden Orchard
- Yavimaya Hollow (Sigarda can be a big target in 4 player games)
- Gemstone Mine
- Gemstone Caverns
- Unclaimed Territory
Now your ramp section is also pretty sweet, but there are a couple good ones I think your deck could benefit from:
- Arcane Signet
- Birds of Paradise
- Sylvan Caryatid
- Lotus Petal
- Bloom Tender
- Nature's Lore (Doesn't have to be a BASIC forest)
- Sol Ring
- Selesnya Signet
In the end, I feel like your deck doesn't NEED any of this, but it could run a lot better with some of it included. If this helps be sure to check out some of my decks, (Double Trouble EDH/A Deal With the Devil EDH I would appreciate it! Anyways though, hope this helps, good luck on your deck, and have a great day. Happy tapping!
1 year ago
I would love to see them, for two reasons:
EDH wants all of them. I can afford a couple shocks if I save up, but not fetches -- these would make my mana extremely good for my budget purposes.
They are strictly better than Evolving Wilds, specifically because they are dual lands. They can be 2-3 colors really easily. I would actually only run 2-3 Ewilds in a Landfall strategy in Standard/Pioneer if it's a 3+ color deck. Guildgates are better for all purposes, because they are better for fixing your mana.
What I would love to see in Zendikar Rising is the full 10 of the slow fetches and the full 10 Krosan Verge lands as uncommons. This would be awesome in a Landfall-themed land-heavy set, especially as they really aren't that great in the first place. I would love for them to do those and the enemy Tangos, solely because EDH.
That said, these are far too slow for modern, unfortunately. Checklands are the absolute slowest you can run without getting crushed.