Flood Plain enters the battlefield tapped.
, Sacrifice Flood Plain: Search your library for a Plains or Island card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Flood Plain Discussion
18 hours ago
With the release of the new snow dual lands from Kaldheim, you have access to comes-into-play-tapped-always fetchable lands on a budget. Glacial Floodplain and the like.
By combining these with cards like Wood Elves , Nature's Lore , Skyshroud Claim , Farseek , Into the North , as we ll as the set of bad fetches ( Flood Plain , Bad River , etc.) then you have an ok mana base which you can eventaully directly swap shocks into (though you may have to swap in some snow basics or drop Into the North ).
In general though, part of the reason that the deck is a bit slow is that you're lacking ramp. you have 8 pieces that I counted and typically you want double that. Additionally, the higher the overall curve or the more complicated the mana base (and Atraxa isn't an easy one) then the more ramp you want to pack. I know you run a high artifact count however you still have a lot of coloured mana symbols to deal with.
You also don't have a huge amount of draw-card either. Given that the majority of your draw is cantrips (which work much better whne you have lots of them or in conjunction with a bunch of other draw), you may want to look into a few repeatable draw engines.
4 days ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Good for Monocolor:
Excuse me, you dropped this:
9 months ago
So there're a couple of things I think you can do to improve this deck; feel free to ignore any/all of them:
Mana dorks! The greatest strength of green in EDH is its access to 1 mana dorks who make mana. I highly recommend running at least for (and possibly 6-7) of the following: Birds of Paradise, Deathrite Shaman, Llanowar Elves, Elves of Deep Shadow, Fyndhorn Elves, Elvish Mystic, Boreal Druid, Arbor Elf... These will give you access to consistent ramp that other colors simply cannot match if they don't have a Sol Ring in their opening hand.
Dorks also allow you to run better artifact-hate, if you replace your rocks with them. Cutting things like Thran Dynamo for a Llanowar Elves will both allow you to come out of the gate faster and allow you to run Null Rod effects to nail your opponents' ramp. Collector Ouphe is the top of this category, since you can grab it with tutors like Green Sun's Zenith (which I think you should run if you can).
Cantrips are important! They can dig you to what you need when you need it for relatively little mana. Brainstorm, Ponder and Preordain belong in pretty much any blue deck, though Brainstorm is questionable since you don't have many free shuffle effects (usually provided by fetch lands). I would definitely run Ponder and Preordain, and Brainstorm if you change up your manabase a little.
Speaking of fetches, they're expensive these days -- but there are more affordable options. Consider what are called the "slow fetches:" Rocky Tar Pit, Bad River, Flood Plain, Grasslands and Mountain Valley. These are almost as good and also fetch nonbasics like Breeding Pool and Watery Grave, if you choose to run them. Evolving Wilds, Fabled Passage and Terramorphic Expanse are also options.
That's all I got. Good luck!
9 months ago
I actually think this deck looks amazing -- I'd love to play against it! I do have a few suggestions though. Mind you, they vary widely in price, so some may or may not be more applicable than others.
The most straightforward way I can see to improve here is by improving your manabase. Fetches are largely unimportant in mono-colored strategies, but if you can afford them I'd definitely run them. They shuffle after Brainstorm for free, but perhaps more importantly they fetch Mystic Sanctuary, which lets you stack what you need from your graveyard on top of your deck. If the Zendikar/Onslaught fetches are out of your price range, consider slow fetches (Flood Plain, Bad River)...
A card that comes to mind is Ideas Unbound. I feel like having a critical mass of cards in your hand is key to slaying someone with Atemsis, and Ideas Unbound lets you you get cards in your hand and gives you time to reveal them to an Atemsis trigger. Honestly, IDK how good it'd be -- but it's probably worth a try.
Depending on how often you activate Atemsis's looting ability, you could consider running some madness cards. Circular Logic and Just the Wind come to mind, but Welcome to the Fold might be good, too.
You've got some good ramp, but I think there're a few 2-drop rocks you may have overlooked. Coldsteel Heart is pretty good as an admittedly worse Arcane Signet, and Everflowing Chalice is pretty good, too. If you're willing to invest, Chrome Mox and Mox Diamond are also in most of my decks.
Fierce Guardianship is a good piece of protection for your combo. I run it in most of my blue decks, and it's pretty good.
One particularly salt-inducing card is Commandeer. Since it was templated before planeswalkers happened, it can steal them -- for no mana, btw. Also, as a 7-drop, it takes a more uncommon slot for mana-cost for your commander triggers.
Right. I think that's all I got. Good luck
9 months ago
Well I think one thing to help with CMC problems is to have a stronger mana base. If she has the budget, I would consider all of the lands below.
- Esper Panorama
- Watery Grave (I notice you already have this one)
- Hallowed Fountain
- Godless Shrine
- Drowned Catacomb
- Glacial Fortress
- Isolated Chapel
- Darkslick Shores
- Seachrome Coast
- Concealed Courtyard
- Underground River
- Adarkar Wastes
- Caves of Koilos (Silent Clearing?)
- Sunken Ruins
- Mystic Gate
- Twilight Mire
- Polluted Delta (Budget: Bad River)
- Flooded Strand (Budget: Flood Plain)
- Marsh Flats
- Sea of Clouds
- Morphic Pool
- Vault of Champions
- Ancient Tomb
- Prismatic Vista
- Fabled Passage
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Reflecting Pool
- Exotic Orchard
- Strip Mine/Wasteland
- Forbidden Orchard
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
- Gemstone Mine
Ok sorry that was kind of a lot- but trust me, a good mana base makes a good commander deck and these kind of lands could help A TON. Arcane Signet is also really good and worth checking out! If this helps be sure to check out some of my decks, (Double Trouble EDH and A Deal With the Devil EDH, I would deeply appreciate it! Anyways though, good luck on your deck, hope this helps, and both of you have a great day! Happy tapping!
on Slow Fetches
9 months ago
I think many people can agree that the cost of an optimized mana base is a huge deterrent from playing in the modern format with the price of fetch lands like Scalding Tarn/Misty Rainforest and others just being a bit too pricey for most.
My question to you guys is that if WOTC continues to delay printing/reprinting Zendikar fetch lands do you think that the Mirage Cycle of Slow Fetches (Flood Plain, Bad River ect.) Would be viable alternatives for the Modern format?