Counter target instant or sorcery spell unless its controller pays .
Storm (When you cast this spell, copy it for each spell cast before it this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
|Have (2)||, LittleMy|
|Want (2)||TurophobicMage , Greedi|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 month ago
The deck overall looks pretty solid, biggest thing IMO would just be cleaning up the list a little for consistency.
You have some good draw options already with 4 Expressive Iteration, I don't think you need the Narset, Parter of Veils. I would go one more Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, and one less Nahiri, the Harbinger.
Haven't been following the meta too closely since Lurrus ban, but pre-ban, Prismatic Ending was generally played over Path to Exile. The deck feels a bit light on counters, but one more Counterspell would fix that. Personally, I like Fire / Ice more than Lightning Bolt, but that may be preference. Detention Sphere feels out of place in the main as a one of, another Supreme Verdict would improve consistency.
For the sideboard, I'm not entirely sure what Counterflux is doing. Flusterstorm is better against Storm and Dovin's Veto is better against a control mirror or tempo. You already have enough exile effects that Anger of the Gods feels unnecessary, same with the other Path to Exile. Another Rest in Peace and tron hate like Alpine Moon would work better.
2 months ago
In: Nothing, there were 101 cards in the deck because I didn't finish cutting last time.
- A wincon that relies on combat (even if it's pretty well guaranteed) that doesn't further the gameplan is a hard sell. If the goad is relevant at all it means you didn't go off hard enough.
In: Dizzy Spell
- Dovescape is a hilarious card that does win you the game, but six mana is too much when it doesn't immediately do something. Dizzy Spell for Nivmagus Elemental is often going to be better.
- The one-mana slot has gotten very versatile, and a you can always just nab Kick in the Door to get things started if you don't need something specific like Crop Rotation or Nivmagus Elemental. It's also a targeted spell if you want to just trigger mentors or Storm-Kiln Artist.
In: Kick in the Door
- Feather is cute, but slow and win-more; we should win the turn we're casting a bunch of spells and its three mana is better spent doing exactly that.
- Kick does little bits of everything we want: gives treasures, makes tokens, and draws cards, with some random lifegain and scry thrown in. None of these effects are as efficient as the cards that are focused on them, but you're never sad to have Kick. Four creatures on the board is enough to complete Lost Mine of Phandelver for a little benefit, and at five you can work on Dungeon of the Mad Mage and accelerate the combo. When there's seven+ the card's gold.
Out: Gods Willing
- Protection is not as good as indestructible when multiple Pongify/Beast Within-type cards are in the deck. I'm only leaving in Apostle's Blessing as the sole protection from color card because the colorless cost is more relevant than scry when we can already draw a million cards and having some ability to protect from targeted non-destroy removal is good. The hexproof from the blessing is very relevant to protect from opposing targeted removal of any kind, and the lifegain isn't irrelevant either.
- Leyline is too expensive to not do anything itself and the concentration of instant-speed cards is just getting higher. Dizzy Spell for Crop Rotation for Emergence Zone is pretty similar if you are really worried about timing, and the Crop Rotation can be done at instant speed itself or held to fetch Gaea's Cradle when going off.
- The rulings on Storm-Kiln Artist dictate that every copy makes another treasure. Four mana might actually make this win-more considering how many other bonkers mana generators there are, but it's really hard for me to resist how explosive this is. It's an easy way to burn someone out with Electrodominance, hitting more than one player with Regrowth and Eternal Witness.
Out: Mercy Killing
- Using Mercy Killing as a radiated forced sacrifice is bad as we can't protect with indestructibility. Losing instant-speed multiple tokens is a hard sell, though, and it's amazing when Nivmagus Elemental or Flusterstorm are available. This might still make it back in if only to use as a regular removal spell that is also a token generator. You need things to have at least two power to net tokens, but there's accidental synergy with all the random power buffs in here. I've gotta think on it.
- Startle is probably now the best targeted spell in the deck; it's instant speed tokens AND draw for two mana.
- Croak is a targeted copy maker that gets opponents' creatures at three mana with flashback. Don't need to say anything else. It sucks that it doesn't hit its own tokens when you flash it back, but that won't come up much as the flashback isn't necessary so getting opponents' creatures up front is better than getting more of your own with a second cast. Hilariously, it doesn't hit Rapid Hybridization tokens.
Out: Reliquary Tower
- I've never liked Reliquary. It was only in as a remnant from when the deck was slower and we were more likely to run out of mana. Now we should win on the same turn we draw a million cards, and the colorless mana can be relevant when the curve is so low.
- Boseiju, Who Endures is an untapped colored source that is also uncounterable removal for problematic permanents. I don't anticipate ever taking it out.
Out: Rite of Replication
In: Mythos of Illuna
- This should always have been Mythos. Having the option to hit the occasional doozy of a non-creature is pretty great, and while it's rare that you want it the removal is always an option. The kicker on Rite is and always was win-more that just makes the table groan.
Out: Swell of Growth
- Swell is a good card, but one treasure per creature is better than being limited to the number of lands you have. It's possible Scale the Heights is the right cut instead.
3 months ago
It was not my intent to "get you", much less on a technicality. I was merely pointing out that a single Stifle would work and Flusterstorm wouldn't. Whirlwind Denial (after the Gravestorm ability resolves) would also effectively hard counter the line of play as you mentioned. It is a really cool interaction for a rarely used card, I just wanted fellow Hapatra players to be aware of what works and what doesn't when an opponent tries to stop it.
6 months ago
Default sorting by color is so cursed
I'd cut down on the number of Newts or Cauldrons to maybe 2 each. Since you have 4x Witch to tutor them, you really don't need that many, and this will lower the chances of drawing dead cards and let you fill the slots with something better.
6 months ago
6 months ago
I feel like countermagic is the way to go! It's not dead outside of protection, there are some efficient options in the format, and you're in blue... seems viable.
6 months ago
Hey, nice upgrades of Demonic, Acererak, Stitcher, Gravecrawler, Grim, Sidisi, Cryptbreaker, Master, Undead, Remembrance, Titan, Victimize, Misty, Drowned, Clearwater.
Interesting choices to cut the mana rock ramp other than Sol from the precon and reduced the lands from 40 to 31. Reducing the lands is fine because 40 lands in the precon is too much. Although, only 31 lands is pretty risky; I wouldn't play below 34 if I'm not playing green. The problem is you haven't compensated for the reduction of lands by adding more ramp to have enough mana or more low CMC draw to help to draw lands or some of both. It looks like you have cut lands to add more high CMC cards which is the wrong approach when upgrading a precon.
With a budget of $400+ consider adding the mana rocks? The precon has Arcane Signet, Talisman of Dominance and Crowded Crypt, all these are good. Add to these Dimir Signet and Thought Vessel; these two are upgrades for the Diamonds. More low CMC draw can also replace lands such as Brainstorm, Preordain, Deadly Dispute, Frantic Search, Village Rites.
Dreadhorde Invasion is a two drop in the precon and it's a good repeatable Zombie source for Wilhelt. Sac the Zombie Army token at your end step on each of your turns for a repeatable draw source that only costs you 1 life on your turn. Midnight Reaper is also in the precon and it's a Zombie who can be a repeatable source of draw especially with Gravecrawler.
Some cards to consider cutting because they're not as good as others here:
- Lord of the Forsaken
- Sludge Monster
- Eternal Skylord: don't need it because you have Hordewing Skaab.
- Dread Summons
- Ghoul's Night Out
- Oriq Loremage: don't need it because you have Vile Entomber.
- Syphon Flesh
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Empty the Laboratory
- Liliana's Mastery
- Open the Graves
- Risen Executioner
- Phyrexian Crusader
- Ebondeath, Dracolich
- Army of the Damned
I don't think you have the mana to support X spells such as Summons and Empty to get enough from them to be worth casting. Adding Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth would help also with casting Army.
- Blasting Station: can be the win condition with either Gravecrawler or Factory combo.
- Carrion Feeder: one drop Zombie.
- Ashnod's Altar: combos with Havengul Lich + Rooftop to repeatedly reanimate/sac/reanimate all Zombies in all graveyards.
- Altar of Dementia: infinite mills all your opponents when you control Factory by repeatedly sacing just one Zombie. Can also be the win condition with Gravecrawler + Rooftop.
Good luck with your deck.
7 months ago
You dont happen to have a Mystic Remora you would be willing to trade do you? I am also really looking for a Flusterstorm, Dauthi Voidwalker, Mesmeric Orb, and Leyline of Anticipation. I can forgo the Ashaya as i am not really looking for the extra cost of the full art, but any of the above if you happen to have them I would be very interested in for sure, if not, I am sure we can work something out at least for the opp agent plus something for either of the cards you requested. Looking forward to hearing from you.