|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Rogue
Invisible Stalker is unblockable.
Latest as Commander
Invisible Stalker Discussion
1 week ago
Buckshot11 The way I see her there's plenty of ways to build her, she's effectively a blue Daretti, Scrap Savant in that she provides you with both advantage (in the form of self mill) and consistent recursion. Any deck he helms could be retrofitted for her, exchanging the red artifact support for blue.
You could build her as a stax commander, using her to keep Tangle Wire online. You could also build a blue Dredge deck, using some of those blue zombies and Mirror-Mad Phantasm to fill your yard with bombshell artifacts like Darksteel Forge or Platinum Emperion .
3 weeks ago
Invisible Man - Invisible Stalker
Mummy - Festering Mummy
3 weeks ago
Good morning, and thank you for the love that you gave the deck. I'm working on some more points for the accordion as we speak and you gave me a few more ideas for addition.
So, the area and venue I play in has a lot of hate toward my deck, and as such focuses me down a lot of the time. This has made the deck be more of a reactivate and adaptive style of deck. With this variant of Lazav I've found that I can wipe an opponent out turn 2 and I can grind out longer games by being reactive to the flow of the game.
- Diabolic Intent - I actually have a copy and had this in the deck for a long time. I cut it (reluctantly) because I found I had too few creatures on the field when it was in hand, for Scheming Symmetry . If budget allows you could also just run Imperial Seal . I plan on getting a copy for Christmas. Intent may be a card I would put back in later honestly though.
- Necropotence - I base a lot of the playstyle of my deck on Discard, Draw strategies and Necropotence is a BIG turn off for me. It is a powerhouse of a card, but I want my graveyard to be filled from my deck, hand, and field and I don't want to have to adjust a major style of play when this card is out.
- Mystic Remora - I'm going to just come out and say it. I'm a vain person that is very picky what cards I put in the deck, and I don't like the old-styled backgrounds. I didn't get Rhystic Study until the Judge Promo came out. I know, I know. So this comment will go for Necromancy as well. However I have never been a fan of the cumulative upkeep. I understand it's function as an early game deterrent , however when I choose an enchantment or artifact I think of the longevity of it all. How long will it be on the field. I don't want to put an age counter, pay the cost, then draw in to gas. Feels bad.
- Necromancy - So the reasoning you put for this card just seems like a trick to keep the card from getting exiled. My question to you is, why not just add another counterspell?
- Echo of Eons - I believe this is a card for a different style of deck. Niv-Mizzet, Parun possibly. If it was instant speed, I could definitely use it as a trick.
- Devastation Tide - So, the thing about D Tide is, you ALWAYS, ALWAYS want to know three things. 1. What's on the board, that's targeting you, your permanents, or your style of play. 2. How quickly your opponents can rebuild and. 3. How quickly you can rebuild. This was a card added early on to deal with my opponent's boards that were just, smashing me or turning my deck off completely. Either by Rest in Peace , Silent Gravestone or just beating my face in with creatures. With the aforementioned enchantments, the only thing the colors UB has is bounce and counter to deal with them. We're not in green or white to destroy or exile them. With the go wide or tall strategy of creatures it's easier to make them set up again. However you can combo D Tide with any Windfall esque effect and just get rid of it. Setting up the Miracle is fairly easy as well when we have Mystical Tutor , Vampiric Tutor and Scheming Symmetry .
- Key to the City - Key adds a lot of versatility. It throws a card in my hand like Phyrexian Dreadnought or Kefnet the Mindful that are otherwise useless to me if I have to cast them. If for some reason, you need it to you can have an opposing creature that's swinging at another opponent be unblockable. This is a major swing in our favor. Key also sets up the non-Lazav combo like Crackdown Construct and Basalt Monolith to get in unblocked. It also helps Lazav get in that extra swing when we don't have Invisible Stalker . These alone are good enough for the inclusion, let alone when it is untapped you may pay 2 and draw a card. Winning.
- Diabolic Intent - Putting in the Maybe section as it may find it's way back in the deck.
1 month ago
Hi! A friend in my playgroup runs a Yuriko deck, and coming from an opponent of his, here are some interesting things you might be able to do to be more impactful!
Most of your damage is likely to come from flipping high CMC cards off the top of your deck, so you’ll want to be able to hit high if you can. You can get away with running generally higher CMC effects for things because of the extra damage they do, like running In Garruk's Wake instead of Damnation . Not only are cards like that more damaging over all, but they often come with better effects for the cost, and tend to be lighter on your wallet too. It also lets you run some big splashy cards that can be run as alternate win conditions too, like Enter the Infinite and Omniscience . Ways to manipulate the top of your library are great too, like the Brainstorm you’re already running. Doubling up on effects like that through cards like Soothsaying can make sure you can make the biggest splash you can when it’s time to flip some stuff off the top.
Because you’re incentivized to run high CMC cards to deal more damage with Yuriko, you’ll probably want to keep your creatures with a lower casting cost. You’re already running cards like Invisible Stalker which are awesome for ninjitsu tricks, but they also synergize well with mass-bounce effects, letting you rebuild quickly and letting you re-use ninjitsu abilities. Mass-bounce board wipe effects like Evacuation and Drawn from Dreams can be really strong helping you slow down your enemies while jamming ninjas down newly open lanes before your opponents can rebuild. Haste isn’t common in these colors, but Banehound and Nether Traitor might be worth considering thanks to how cheap they are, especially right after an evacuation cast. Leyline of Anticipation is a great pickup for this deck too, since casting a creature on the opponent before you’s End Step is a great way to get basically-sorta-haste, and it’s pretty cheap since it’s recent reprint!
The last thing I’d like to recommend is that you consider running more targeted removal! Your list looks like you definitely have a good grasp on what yuriko wants to do and how she wants to do it, so you might want to dedicate more space to trying to stop your opponent’s plans. You’ve got some nice tools available to you like Reality Shift , Go for the Throat , or even things like Ob Nixilis Reignited to grant more flexibility on a high CMC card. Instant speed is great where you can get it to be extra tricky while setting up attacks with ninjas, but don’t be afraid to include something weird with an overcosted CMC! There’s nothing more satisfying than flipping a card like Plague Wind with yuriko, and then immediately casting it! Good luck with your build, and I hope this helped!
1 month ago
If I understand the ruling correctly, if you turn Volrath into a Putrid Leech , activate the ability, and then use Volrath's ability to turn into Putrid Leech again, you can reuse the pump as it's a "different" Putrid Leech. I'm planning on building him this weekend and slotting that in. You could have him become 7 different Putrid Leeches, an Invisible Stalker to get past blockers, then something with lifelink before damage and just delete someone from the game. And all for only 9 mana and 14 life!
1 month ago
This might sound too “brew-ish”, but hear me out: Invisible Stalker seems like a great sword carrier. It’s hard to kill and even harder to block, and it’s even in the colors you want.
Hynx on Inf-Hammer
1 month ago
this inspired me to make a blue white version of this deck, with Invisible Stalker , Arcanum Wings , Eldrazi Conscription and keeping all your white, and colorless cards with Mutagenic Growth and Noxious Revival being paid for with life. with Tallowisp to tutor the conscription or possibly Sovereigns of Lost Alara to get a late game version on Inkmoth Nexus or Invisible Stalker with the hammer. I appeciate this build, it helped me on my own version so much. but im subbing Ichorclaw Myr with Plague Myr for the extra mana ramp.
1 month ago
Invisible Stalker works great in this deck. The hexproof is really useful!
Invisible Stalker occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
UB (Dimir): 0.99%