Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Search your library for up to two Forest cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Ranger's Path - Ramp. I would cut berserk onslaught because its costly and only benefits you with many creatures on board. More ramp will allow you to cast your commander more quickly and help recast for later.
7 months ago
This is just trimming and making some of the draws smoother. Ranger's Path was okay but slow. This deck really wants to be on 3/4 mana a turn early so taking out one land (we were flooding a bit so I'll keep my on on this) and a spell for two 1 mana dorks is a good call. This also helps us with things like Augur of Autumn and other effects that care about hitting permanents and creatures. Yavimaya over llanowar reborn also makes sense, there's only 1 creature that synergizes with the +1/+1 counter and it's far from keeping it's spot in the deck. Also with the inclusion of Yavimaya, our other non-forests become forests so you can do things like untapping Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx with Arbor Elf which is cute and pretty good. Also helps make sure Vernal Bloom a little better.
8 months ago
Some New Additions, not going to say what was removed but in most cases the cards that came out were underperforming cards that were either just big threats like Dungrove Elder or worse versions of cards that got added such as Garruk's Horde:
Elvish Mystic - I tried to not put in just a 1/1 mana dork for as long as I could but honestly there's no reason not too. Especially now with the extra card draw/play from the top of the deck it is not a dead card late so it becomes so much better.
Outland Liberator Flip - So this actually is something that I thought would be good to talk about. Krosan Grip was actually the card that came out here. In a sense, I'm trading split second for the fact that it's a creature card so that I can cast it off the top of the deck or as an instant. It's also cool because the werewolf cards from the new Innistrad pair SUPER well with Yeva since you can just pass your turn a lot of the time to flip them and then cast your creatures on their turns. I'll keep an eye out for other of the new wolves that would fit in well (or maybe even some old ones depending).
Tireless Tracker - So yeah. Card is just nuts. Card draw engine that turns itself into a threat. I added A LOT of more ramp in this version as well so this guy can benefit a lot from some of the other new cards. This also gives me the idea to look at some other landfall cards in the future as well, right now it's just this and Baru, Fist of Krosa that really benefit but we'll see.
Kodama's Reach, Nature's Lore, Skyshroud Claim, Khalni Heart Expedition - These all fill into the "really good ramp spells" category so yeah they all came in. Kodama's might be on the chopping block if I need to cut a ramp spell first, or maybe Ranger's Path.
Lifecrafter's Bestiary - One of those "just belongs in green creature deck cards". Turns things into card draw for extra mana, smooths out your draws just by existing. Great card.
Thought Vessel - Just honestly a small good mana rock with minor benefit. Just testing this out, could also be replaced pretty easily.
Helix Pinnacle - Probably the card I'm most excited about trying in the deck. With all these untap land effects, mana doubling, instant speed cards, this seems like a reallllllly good way to win. It's cheap, efficient and you can definitely pump out 100 mana in a turn cycle with this deck.
Hunter's Insight - This is maybe good card draw? Honestly just checking on it, probably at this point it could just get taken out but we'll see.
Thoughts about the deck: The deck now functions how I think it should pretty consistently. You ramp and then hold up mana to play threats and draw a bunch of cards. Newer cards added a lot of depth and trickiness to the deck and I'm going to continue in that direction.
Next steps - Craterhoof Behemoth and Avenger of Zendikar are cards I'm looking at just because that just ends the game. Tooth and Nail in addition to those two maybe but I'll have to get and test them first to see how it plays.
10 months ago
Soul's Majesty is a good draw spell that would be worth noting in the maybeboard. Collective Unconscious and Rishkar's Expertise would be decent for the maybeboard too. Rishkar's just got reprinted and is cheaper than ever. Also consider Three Visits and Nature's Lore to find Canopy Vista and Cinder Glade. Ranger's Path is decent too.
10 months ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
1 year ago
Fires of Yavimaya is another good haste enabler, like rhythm. Overwhelming Stampede is a good at running people over. I would also swap out Grow from the Ashes for like a Migration Path or Ranger's Path . Traverse the Outlands and Boundless Realms are also fun ramp spells that can open a lot of options for you. Return of the Wildspeaker and Rishkar's Expertise are nice pieces of card draw in stompy decks.
1 year ago
Hey Walrighti, +1!
Congrats on your first deck! You have a lot of fun cards in here and it looks great! I imagine you want to tune and make it even more efficient so here are some ideas...
Add 3 categories: #Combo, #Lifegain, and #Evasion; and then sort your maybeboard the same way you've done your mainboard to easily rank your choices within a category (By "combo" I mean all your "if-then" cards like Trudge Garden that are slower and don't work by themselves). Remove #Creatures (most of them are #Combo).
Avoid most cards above 4 cmc... Willowdusk is fast and fragile, so play into that... Also, prioritize cards that can do 2 or more things or that give value on ETB... If you have pet cards that don't really fit and that hurt to cut, put them in a "I'll build that theme later" list.
-1 Pelakka Wurm
-1 Ezzaroot Channeler ... cut the fatties.
-1 Decree of Pain ... too slow
-1 Bow of Nylea ... meh
-1 Sangromancer ... amazing card but doesn't trigger when you need it to.
-1 Venser's Journal ... also amazing, but too conditional for this build
-1 Ranger's Path ... all your ramp should be on turn 2
-1 Temple of the False God ... this card is almost never good
+1 Devoted Druid ... this card is a beast
+1 Talisman of Resilience ... #Ramp
+1 Llanowar Elves ... #Ramp... the elves enable Willowdusk combos on turn 3.
+1 Viridian Joiner ... #Ramp... #Combo
+1 Killing Wave
+1 Massacre Girl ... #Wipe
+1 Beast Within ... #Removal
+1 Golgari Charm ... #Evasion
~1 Rancor ... Trample and haste are important... #Evasion
~1 Destined ... the choices are really good.
+1 Soul Channeling ... #Combo with Willowbark and stick to the board...
~1 Phyrexian Processor ... fun?
~1 Lurking Evil ... maybe?
~1 Solidarity of Heroes ... #Combo
~1 Ooze Flux ... tokens at instant speed?
~1 Retribution of the Ancients ... removal?
+1 Thought Gorger ... (leaves)
+1 Return of the Wildspeaker ... #Draw
+1 Triskelion ... #Combo
+1 Nighthawk Scavenger ... #Fatty
...Always play at least 10 ramp spells under 3 cmc.
...Playtest and make sure Willowbark consistently makes a fatty (with evasion) before turn 6-7.
Happy building :)