|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Sea of Clouds
Sea of clouds enters the battlefield tapped unless you have two or more opponents.
: Gain or .
Sea of Clouds Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hey, your deck looks good especially if it's really your first Commander deck. You do know what you're doing; have more confidence. Everything is fine except the manabase and you know this :)
Lands such as Backwater, Scoured, Tranquil and the two Temples can be upgraded with better lands. Lands upgrades to consider:
These are expensive price land upgrades. Some less expensive land upgrades are:
- Exotic Orchard
- Esper Panorama
- Ash Barrens
- Sunken Hollow
- Prairie Stream
- Fetid Pools
- Irrigated Farmland
Other cards to consider adding:
- Serra Ascendant
- Mystic Remora
- Smothering Tithe
- Mystical Tutor
- Consecrated Sphinx
- Resplendent Angel
- Rest in Peace
- Land Tax , Tithe or Gift of Estates
- Talisman of Progress , Talisman of Dominance or Talisman of Hierarchy
Cards to consider cutting:
- Ajani's Pridemate
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
- Wall of Reverence
- Divinity of Pride
- Darksteel Ingot
- Paradox Haze
- Dromar's Charm
- Clever Impersonator
- Phyrexian Arena
- Diabolic Tutor
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
2 months ago
Patryn Thanks for all the suggestions, I know I have a few of my battlebond lands around, or at least that I have another Sea of Clouds I could swap into the deck and I can probably move a few shock lands into the deck from some of my other decks that I don’t play as much.
I probably won’t get Mana Confluence or Reflecting Pool since they are a little a little pricy. Do you think the Dominaria checklands like Hinterland Harbor would work better in the deck if I used some of them? I also have an Unclaimed Territory which could go in just for casting my creatures.
I can see going down that counterspell route a little since I really don’t need that many warriors on the field for Najeela to do her work. Hope to get Dovin's Veto once that comes out.
I guess the main thing to ask is what cards do you think I should remove if I were to make those changes.
3 months ago
I LOVE THE DECK. I'm actually trying to make a Persistent Petitioners Reanimator deck right now, but I wasn't able to figure out what to target with reanimation spells. You figured it out though.
1) Take out Thrumming Stone , yes the card can do broken things, but I don't know how beneficial it will actually be in this deck. Also the decks that it is used in are very straight forward ones with no set up ( Relentless Rats and Rat Colony ), not things that need set up ( Shadowborn Apostle ).
2) Take out Avacyn, Angel of Hope , yes she is a great card, but when she's the only big body in a deck the body itself won't do much the same way mill doesn't do much to a group of 3 opponents. Also what in this deck would your opponents want to blow up on your battlefield? In the end she is just a defensive card in this deck that will take way too much set up to benefit from.
4) The mana base, before I get into my suggestions on the mana base I will just say any base can benefit from a ton of fetchlands and other things like that and I'm not gonna sit here and just tell you to add in every fetchland in your colors. Now to my suggestions, cut all taplands they hurt a deck much more than you may think.
Cuts in the Land Base:
J) As far as I can tell you don't seem like you'll be going to combat much and if you're not then Glacial Chasm would be great.
BTW, when I finish designing my deck list I'll let you know what it is in the comments here so you can take a look at if you want.
4 months ago
I have three points:
1- This deck looks really sweet.
3- Would you mind if I made a budget variant on the deck, cutting cards like OG duals, and perhaps make multiple budget variants? I think more players should be able to get midrange EDH lists like this (and Yisan, etc.), and I think this would be a sweet way of showing how EDH midrange works!
4 months ago
Also the deck archetype you’re looking at here is colloquially referred to as goodstuff.
4 months ago
The competitive meter is a very finicky tool. I've seen non-material changes, such as making a deck foiled, with no other modifications, result in a several percentage point difference.
The biggest improvement you can do for your deck is fix the mana base. You have far too many lands that enter the battlefield tapped or do not untap normally, which is going to drastically hurt your performance. I would suggest removing these lands and replacing them with cards such as the Pain Lands (ex. Adarkar Wastes ), Check Lands (ex. Glacial Fortress ), Filter Lands (ex. Skycloud Expanse ; Mystic Gate ), and Bond Lands (ex. Sea of Clouds ). You can also run some rainbow lands, such as Mana Confluence and City of Brass .
High Alert would be a solid card to add, giving you another method of allowing your defenders to attack.
Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive will make most of your creatures unblockable.
Stalwart Shield-Bearers makes your creatures bigger.
Tree of Redemption can become a 0/30 or so fairly easily.
Fortified Area gives all your walls Banding, which allows them to prevent opponents from having damage Trample over to you.
Sunscape Familiar acts as pseudo-ramp by reducing the cost of your spells.
You can cut the following:
Myth Unbound does relatively little for you.
Sea of Clouds occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
WU (Azorius): 1.55%
WUB (Esper): 0.59%
GWU (Bant): 0.79%