Tezzeret the Seeker
Legendary Planeswalker — Tezzeret
+1: Untap up to two target artifacts.
-X: Search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost X or less and put it into play. Then shuffle your library.
-5: Artifacts you control become artifact creatures with base power and toughness 5/5 until end of turn.
|Have (6)||metalmagic , , lorddarkstar , rockleemyhero , pskinn01 , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (6)||metljoe , kadabura , matty266 , ryan_johnstone , Callinicus , CertifiedBronzie|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark: Mythic Edition (WARMED)||Mythic Rare|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Mythic Rare|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret (DDF)||Mythic Rare|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Tezzeret the Seeker occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
Tezzeret the Seeker Discussion
2 days ago
I have a more superfriends oriented list of Raff, but I am trying to up its power level, so I am able to play with a few almost Cedh players.
Have you tried Tezzeret the Seeker? It can tutor all your wincons and help leave your mana open.
3 days ago
I'd recommend Tezzeret the Seeker in order to tutor for your two wincon artifacts.
Also, idk how well this will work, but Ugin's Conjurant can be a good colorless creature, who basically enters for 0 mana with +1/+1 counters equal to however many counters Animar has.
You could add a few morphs that synergize, but the only 2 I can think of are Hooded Hydra and Vesuvan Shapeshifter, but if you're cloning your utility creatures, you might as well run Spark Double, which has the potential to safely copy Animar or Tezzeret.
1 week ago
Wow, this is super fascinating! I’ve never seen a mono-blue deck like this before. Naban is a great choice for a commander. Hopefully some of my advice will help! These are just my initial thoughts.
1) Hot Damn, 55 creatures! That’s the most I’ve ever seen in a deck. I can see how it works with your commander though. So that’s pretty neat you’ve been able to make that work. Props to you on that. I think you have some room to take a few out though and add some good game-changers in.
2) I see a pathway to a little more efficiency if you do take some creatures out and you put in cards like Sculpting Steel, Mirrorworks or Mirage Mirror to copy your Panharmonicon. If you do that you can add in Fabricate, Inventors' Fair, Reshape, and Tezzeret the Seeker. At least this is the route I would go because it heavily backs up support for Panharmonicon—the only other card that does what your commander does. I know you don’t want to make this an artifact deck but with those handful of cards you can have a faster way to get what you want out since you already have easy access to your commander. And in the event your commander is targeted too much you have an alternative to copying your triggers.
3) I think I you should add in Cloudstone Curio from your maybe board if you already own it or can afford it. Helps bounce creatures back to your hand to play again for value. Also, if you add in those cards from my second bullet point you’ll have another useful artifact to tutor for. Altar of the Brood isn’t even a terrible idea either. I kind if like that actually.
4) Most likely unnecessary but since you are going tribal, have you ever entertained the thought of using Arcane Adaptation? It would enable you to add in some bomb non-wizards that could still count as wizards. Probably something you may not want to do but seems like it could open up some different options.
Awesome deck! +1
3 weeks ago
Hey I don't know if you are still updating this List, but I may have some ideas that may be an upgrade
Narset, Parter of Veils not exactly sure what to take out, but not let opponents draw is great
Shimmer Myr Better than Leyline in many cases, recurable with Emry
Soul-Guide Lantern Finally able to play artifact based onesided grave hate! Great new card
Riddlesmith would play rather than Vedalken Archmage. 2 Mana less und you have Grave access
Counterbalance really hard to Play against
Retract Save from Artifact Wipes, basically a Ritual with fast mana, triggering Archmage/Riddlesmith etc again on recast
Freed from the Real not a loop, but really good untapper
Drafna's Restoration at instant this would be way too good, but still very good card
Sensei's Divining Top Interactive, nearly unkillable, smooths draws
Tezzeret the Seeker Battlefield Tutor, 5 mana Reshape costs Boardpresence and finds 3 or less cmc (which is enough for combopieces) but Tezzi for 3 let's him stay on the Battlefield. Untapping Sol Ring and Vault e.g. with his +1 makes im nearly free
Corridor Monitor Not a good substitution for Mirran Spy or Chakram, but still usable. You can + on colorless mana as long as you have blue with KCI or Ashnods, as said, not nearly as good, but good enough to get some storm count to finish of opponents
I found this list from your Youtube video. Great work! I love the Budget Substitution at the end of the video. You do a really nice job with your channel! Keep going
1 month ago
Wholesale Changes. CMC = 2.41 pre-changes
- Riddlesmith >> Emry, Lurker of the Loch
- Accorder's Shield >> Everflowing Chalice
- Spellbook >> Mishra's Bauble
- Welding Jar >> Altar of the Brood
- Pyrite Spellbomb >> Arcane Signet
- Grinding Station >> Golem's Heart
- Izzet Signet >> Talisman of Creativity
- Azorius Signet >> Talisman of Progress
- Boros Signet >> Talisman of Conviction
- Clock of Omens >> Mystic Forge
- Myriad Landscape >> Rogue's Passage
- Terramorphic Expanse >> Inventors' Fair
- Island >> Ancient Den
- Island >> Darksteel Citadel
- Island >> Seat of the Synod
- Mountain >> Great Furnace
- Ral Zarek >> Ugin, the Ineffable
- Dance of the Manse >> Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
- Gravitic Punch >> Tezzeret the Seeker
- Makeshift Munitions >> Brainstorm
- Sphinx's Revelation >> Swan Song
CMC = 2.46 post changes
1 month ago
Hello there! I really love your deck, looks really fun to play and out of the ordinary EDH schemes!
Anyway, i'm here to ask you about some cards that i think will just be fine in this kind of deck.
Soothsaying Seems really on topic with it, you know, it's odd, it's a 1 mana drop and let you Shuffle and manipulate the topdeck. Talking about Enchantments, i also think Necropotence can be a thing. You know, you don't draw, but Yennett trigger in combat and does what she have to. The new Talisman of Hierarchy Seems also Good for mana Balance. I know it's veeeery expensive, but you also have Imperial Seal for topdeck tutor. Also, if you have the Isochron Scepter gaving Dramatic Reversal can also be good, for a infinite mana-combo that can be used to pull out something with Soothsaying . In the end, Aminatou, the Fateshifter could also be a nice add for topdeck manipulation and blink things like Liliana Vess and Tezzeret the Seeker for other tutors and Mana Vault or Grim Monolith for untap.
Cheers and keep up the good work!
2 months ago
Finally, if the main goal is to go wide (which it may not; even a moderate amount of going wide helps Saheeli's discount ability. Just going off your description), Coat of Arms might be a good win condition, especially with tutors like Fabricate , Reshape , Whir of Invention , and Tezzeret the Seeker . It's dangerous though, being symmetrical, so it's a toss-up as to whether it's worth it. Typically one plays it the turn they swing all out and try to win.
3 months ago
Passive aggressiveness aside, I'm not just looking at the sigi list and quoting straight from that. I don't mind the idea of looking at differnet win conditions and I'm not saying that every deck that is built has to be a cEDH list. But there's a sliding scale. Hell, why not go for infinite 1/1 saprolings in a mono blue deck using Druidic Satchel with Tezzeret the Seeker and a Scroll Rack ?
Specifically on your combo, I was just making a point about how even though you're leveraging a non-combo piece of the deck as part of your combo (which is good deck building), your combo piece (which you don't need Capsize for - the Teferi loop involves recasting him from the command zone) doesn't do much for you at all outside of combo. So what happened was your first comment could have been (and in this case was) read as you could use Capsize or you could use BrainFreeze.
Yes, I am aware that you can use Brain Freeze to shut down tomp of deck tutors, but we both know that one would only use it as such in an absolute pinch. And we have moved well past having to use Goblin Cannon as a win condition - Blue Sun's Zenith draws you cards (and reshuffles which is nice) and Walking Ballista kills dorks - both of these cards do more outside of the combo and don't rely on mill (since at more pub-stompty ends of EDH eldrazi are a thing).
As a broader statement (and this was not specifically targetted at you, however I can appreciate that it may have come across as such), I see a lot of people making recommendations for deck win conditions which are not actually win contitions. Infinite mana does not equal the win and in this case, I was pointing out that Capsize + infinite mana with a PW commander does not equal a win either. Again, there are other posts on this thread that make reference to lots of infinite mana loops and even with Teferi by himself, that's STILL not a win. And since I have seen many posts/decks in the past either have a heap of infinite mana outlets but next to no loops, or heaps of infinite mana loops but only one outlet, I thought I would make a statement.