Draw a card. You may put a land from your hand onto the battlefield.
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Growth Spiral Discussion
1 week ago
So cards like Goblin Charbelcher should be removed, but outside of that this absolutely kills land-based strategies, right? Primeval Titan, Rampant Growth, Growth Spiral, etc.? Why does this make the game better.
The replacement for putting lands into play doesn't make much sense to me. Does Growth Spiral draw a card and remove a card from hand to ramp you, or does it not work at all, same with Exploration/Explore/Ramunap Excavator, how do these play?
1 month ago
I am unsure about this question. They way I understand, an MDFC (modal double-faced card) is it's front side in any zone outside the battlefield. That is why, for example, I cannot tutor for the backside of an MDFC, if I'm correct. Only when actually playing it, I can decide on the mode.
So, when I have Bala Ged Recovery Flip in my hand, it is the sorcery. I may play it as it's backside which is a land: Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip. Now, when casting, for example, Growth Spiral, can I put Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip onto the battlefield? Because the card is in my hand, and in my hand it is a sorcery that may be played as a land, but it isn't one unless it's on the stack... Isn't that right?
1 month ago
Hey, you've made a few good upgrades to the precon, nice Koma, Avenger, Rift and Birds. Do you own the cards in the maybeboard? All those cards are upgrades.
Some budget upgrades to consider:
- Tireless Provisioner --> Nissa's Expedition
- Biowaste Blob --> Ruxa, Patient Professor
- Champion of Lambholt --> Kaseto, Orochi Archmage
- Mimic Vat --> Sequence Engine
- Spawnwrithe --> Managorger Hydra
- Cackling Counterpart --> Mystic Genesis
- Fierce Empath --> Fractal Harness
- Risen Reef --> Golden Ratio
- Timeless Witness --> Terastodon
- Growth Spiral --> Commander's Insight
- Rimewood Falls --> Temple of the False God
Most of these suggestions is expanding on sources that can repeatedly create tokens with cards that have less converted mana cost (CMC). That's an area in the precon that's lacking which gives you more interaction with Twincasters earlier in the game.
Tireless Provisioner is ramp with treasures that has interaction with Twincasters. Biowaste Blob and Spawnwrithe can make token copies of themselves at your upkeep or by attacking/doing combat damage to a player. Champion of Lambholt cares about +1/+1 counters to make all creatures you control unblockable. Pair her with any source that can create creature tokens because she triggers whenever a creature token is created.
Mimic Vat can imprint an opponent's creature who dies which gives it real versatility in multiplayer Commander. Unfortunately, the token copy from Twincasters will also be exiled at the next end step therefore you don't get to keep the token copy unless you make another copy of the token then that copy won't be exiled. Risen Reef, Timeless Witness, Fierce Empath all have a strong ETB effect making them good creatures to make a token copy of. Rimewood Falls is a dual land that Farseek can search for instead of only a basic Island.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey, well done on a budget less than $100.
Some budget upgrades to consider then I'll explain some of these suggestions.
- Court of Bounty --> Bounty of the Luxa
- Garruk's Uprising --> Talons of Wildwood
- Fierce Empath --> Explosive Vegetation
- Spawning Kraken --> Pelakka Wurm
- Arcane Signet --> Moss Diamond
- Return of the Wildspeaker --> Rush of Knowledge
- Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner --> Grow from the Ashes
- Growth Spiral --> Beneath the Sands
- Brainstorm --> Ranger's Path
- Rimewood Falls --> Woodland Stream
- Vineglimmer Snarl --> Thornwood Falls
There's lot of ramp here specifically from land ramp spells and Arixthemthes is ramp. You can afford to cut some ramp for more draw and lower mana cost draw such as Brainstorm and Growth Spiral will help to remove slumber counters faster. Court of Bounty can be repeatable draw with the monarch as well as from your hand cheat a sea monster onto the battlefield or put a land. Garruk's Uprising can give all sea monsters trample as well as draw a card whenever a 4 or more power creature you control enters the battlefield (ETB) including creature tokens.
Fierce Empath can tutor for any 6 CMC or higher creature and you can bounce him with Whelming Wave or Crush of Tentacles to cast him again. Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner can untap Arixthemthes as well as be repeatable draw like Garruk's Uprising. Spawning Kraken is an upgrade for a sea monster since it can create it's own army as long as it, Arixthemthes or other sea monsters do combat damage to a player. Rimewood Falls is an upgrade for Woodland Stream so Farseek can search for a Simic dual land.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
1 month ago
zapyourtumor, thanks for the feedback, but I have a Dimir Mill deck on here that does what you’re asking already. The primary reason for this deck was because I was looking to capitalize on the landfall by adding more fetch lands and by adding Azusa, Lost but Seeking , both of which have been really helpful in the few matches I’ve tried them in so far. Growth Spiral has also been fairly powerful, further increasing my ability to play lands down and mill my opponent faster.