|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
As Kindred Discovery enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Whenever a creature you control of the chosen type enters the battlefield or attacks, draw a card.
Kindred Discovery Discussion
3 days ago
Your deck inspired me to make a version of my own! I saw the Secret Lair alt art coming out and just had to make a deck around it.
Here's some suggestions I have:
Kindred Discovery - Staple in tribal decks that'll draw you plenty.
Phyrexian Arena - Good draw, life is a resource.
Vanquisher's Banner - A lord for your tribe and a draw on summon.
Toxic Deluge - Best boardwipe in the game. Your commander already destroys permanents but this gets around indestructible. Neat huh?
Blasphemous Act - Another boardwipe that gets around indestructible. Since your build is more so token oriented, you shouldn't have a problem resolving this for the low.
Patriarch's Bidding - Bring back your tribe and then some! You can call any creature type, so why not bring back some of your other tribal support too? Ex: Calling slivers would bring back your changelings and the sliver lords.
3 days ago
Hello WelshGuitarist I might put the Wild Pair back in, I'm just not sure what I should put out for it. Chromatic Lantern is already in. Since I removed most of the slivers with activated abilities, I don't think Heartstone is very useful anymore. Sentinel Sliver is too weak on its own IMO, but I think I have one flying around somewhere, so I might test it out. Hibernation Sliver is probably pretty good in the format. I should really find a place for it. Intruder Alarm is too expensive money wise for the few combos I might be able to do with it. Kindred Discovery would be absolutely amazing in the deck but is also very expensive. If I put in a mana doubler, I would rather use Zendikar Resurgent , because it gives me cards to use the mana on as well. Thank you for the suggestions.
4 days ago
Hi there, fellow Sliver deck that started as PDS! I've been working on mine for a while now and your list differs from mine slightly but I feel certain cards help, a lot. For help Wild Pair and Kindred Discovery are good, they help with filling your board and filling your hand. Chromatic Lantern can help fix your mana, MVP for 5 colour decks IMO. Heartstone Came with PDS, so I have to ask why it's not in the list? Also a mana doubler like Mirari's Wake helps this deck take off. I've also been recommended Intruder Alarm in case you want to slap everything on the table on the end step before your turn to just win out of nowhere.
As for Creatures: Hibernation Sliver can help save you from being wiped out completely from a board wipe or even help make spot removal a waste of mana for your opponents. Sentinel Sliver is also a great addition, helps deter crackbacks from going all out with a Shifting Sliver on board.
Here is my Sliver deck, in case you wanted to check it out Evergrowing Slivers
4 days ago
willschmidt18, All great suggestions and I'll definitely keep them in mind! I own all of the cards you mentioned, although I'd say about 75% of them are unfortunately already being used in other decks. Like Kindred Discovery is in my other esper deck. Varina, Lich Queen Esper Zombie tribal. So I'll probably proxy if I do. Thanks for the help! Mind an upvote?
4 days ago
I would get rid of some of the enchantments that have you sacrifice creatures to draw a card, destroy something, or what have you and replace it with cards like Greed , Mentor of the Meek , and Kindred Discovery , if it is in your budget, to increase card draw without losing creatures. I also think Anointed Procession . I also feel like Banishing Light and Oblivion Ring could be replaced with Grasp of Fate and Detention Sphere .
Maybe Generous Gift , Arcane Denial , and Negate could be used to help increase interaction with the opponent. Other removal options that trigger your commander is Imprisoned in the Moon Some ramp options could be Burnished Hart , Starfield Mystic , the Talisman's in your Esper, and recursion could be a Sun Titan package. Also perhaps some enchantments that protect your commander with indestructible or something to help her stick around a little longer. Just some suggestions. Great Deck! Looks like a lot of fun to pilot
1 week ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
1 week ago
Need: 4x Thassa, God of the Sea
1 week ago
Lanzo493, thanks for the feedback! After playing with this build for a while, it did seem like most of my higher cmc cards (e.g. Karn Liberated , Kindred Discovery , Merciless Eviction ) always felt like a dead card when I drew them, when all I really wanted was more slivers. A lot of the cards you suggested definitely seem to fit the flow of the deck, I will have to try some play-testing to feel them out.
As to having The First Sliver as a commander, the main reason I stick with him is for the randomness of the cascade ability. That "luck of the draw" feature of Magic has always been an exciting part of the game for me, and makes those power-plays all the more exquisite when the draw works in your favor. Aside from that, I can say that it is a good idea to avoid too many 1 cmc cards that are not slivers if you decide to switch over to The First Sliver as a commander. This guarantees that you have an extremely high probability of cascading into Galerider Sliver almost instantly, every game. I know this kind of contradicts my first statement about randomness, but knowing how to exploit your deck is nice too :)
Kindred Discovery occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%