|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Rare|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Rare|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Rare|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Wheel of Fortune
Each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Wheel of Fortune Discussion
20 hours ago
@Ocelot44 thanks for the feedback. I added Wheel of Fortune and Reforge the Soul to the deck by taking out Soul-Scar Mage and Comet Storm. If you think I should have taken out something different instead, please let me know but I think these were the most logical choices to me. I think by putting in these two draw sources I would pass for the lands which give big advantage to the other players too for now. I had Bonfire of the Damned and didn't like the interaction with the deck. Past in Flames is great but it's useful only for one card since it requires a lot of mana to be played efficiently. If you know any win interactions with it please let me know. Don't forget to leave upvote if you like it and thanks for suggestions again.
1 day ago
Even in casual EDH decks, you still need draw sources! If you can't afford a Wheel of Fortune, then Reforge the Soul, Magus of the Wheel, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Mikokoro, Center of the Sea, and Mind's Eye all make for great budget choices
Boros Charm is an invaluable card in every Boros deck that cares about it's own permanents, and if you can't afford a Teferi's Protection, I highly recommend Leave / Chance because it can protect your stuff from sacrifice and exile, it's a Brand effect, and it's an emergency draw source!
1 day ago
If the main idea of the deck is to get out Assault Suit and equip it to Gisela, you might want to think about running things like Ghostly Prison, Crawlspace, and Norn's Annex because if a deck like Krenko, Mob Boss or Rhys the Redeemed gets a hold of Gisela, you'll be in trouble - even if they can't swing Gisela at you
Leave / Chance is another great Boros Charm effect, and it can also take away Gisela from a problematic opponent
1 day ago
2 days ago
Hope that helps!
6 days ago
Also Worldslayer is a classic way to win with Tajic, although you may lose friends in the process if your meta isn’t cool with mass land destruction :)
1 week ago
Wow, lots of tips Saljen. First of all: Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave some feedback! I think I’ve considered most of your mentions though and ended up not including them due to certain preferences. Lots of cards to respond to, so here goes:
- I used to run Hour of Promise and I like the card. However, I ended up cutting it when other land tutors were printed. I think it was Pir's Whim that has taken its place.
- Constant Mists I also used to run, but I found that I did not run enough cards that synergize with it. I would probably put it back if I ever change the list to be more graveyard-oriented (similar story for Sylvan Safekeeper), or if my meta starts playing more aggro. It is a card I really like though, so I would like to run it again.
- I’m aware of the Abundance Sylvan Library combo, but that situation will occur very rarely (especially as I run no ways to tutor for enchantments). So most of the time Abundance will see play on its own. And as a stand-alone card, I do not think it warrants a spot in the deck. Same story with Prismatic Omen, which only other synergy is it makes Dark Depths and Glacial Chasm tap for mana. These cards are great when they combo, but mediocre when they don’t imo. Gratuitous Violence only works when creatures deal damage, so I don’t see how that helps with valakut…
- Eternal Witness and Skullwinder are indeed great recursion cards! However, I run witness in so many decks already so I wanted to focus on lands in this list for my recursion cards for some variety. I prefer those recursion cards over witness and skullwinder.
- I never really read Realm Seekers well enough it seems :). Will reconsider that card!
- I’ve built this deck to make the lands shine! Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon turn the stars of my deck into mountains… I agree they are great cards for stalling opponents, but it goes against what I want to do with this deck. Also, I tend to steer away from cards that mess with my opponents' lands (already cut Jokulhaups for that reason). That’s also why I’m also not running Vorinclex.
- Yavimaya Hollow is useful, but not necessary in this list I think. I never really considered it for this deck however. So I will do that :)!
- I did not include Realms Uncharted in this list as I’m not focusing on graveyard synergy. But I never considered it in combination with Petrified Field, so maybe that will change things ^.^. However, I do really like the land tutors that are already in the deck.
- Wheel of Fortune is awesome. However, I only have one of them, and I put that one in a Daretti deck, where it is more valuable for the deck strategy. Here I can run other carddraw and not feel bad about it ;). I don’t think it makes a big enough difference here to warrant that price tag.
- T&N I am already considering in this deck, but haven’t decided on it yet :). Insurrection is nice, but does not have any synergy here with the strategy or themes (I do run it in another deck where I think it is more at home).
- I agree Decimate and Gleeful Sabotage are decent removal options, but I prefer the removal pieces I ended up selecting for this list.
- You did see I only run 5 mountains right? I don’t see how Boundless Realms is going to kill all opponents with Valakut unless I have valakut copied a bunch of times and if I have a bunch of other cards in play as well that I don’t run. I actually wrote quite extensively about why I do not run Boundless Realms in my description and I stand by those arguments.
Thanks a lot for dropping by. I will consider realms uncharted, petrified field, yavimaya hollow and realm seekers ;).
1 week ago
If you find that you get metal craft often, Galvanic Blast could be fun
Right now you're running 10 artifacts that have no tap abilities, so you could take advantage of that and run Inspiring Statuary! I've had great success with it, and it flies under a lot of players' radars