|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition IV||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Wheel of Fortune
Each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Wheel of Fortune Discussion
3 hours ago
Consecrated Sphinx, Winds of Change, Pull from Tomorrow, Read the Runes, Mulldrifter, Nin, the Pain Artist, Illuminate, Illusory Ambusher, Incendiary Command, Izzet Charm, Kefnet the Mindful, Laquatus's Creativity, Master the Way, Mindmoil, Molten Psyche, Faithless Looting, Fateful Showdown, Fiery Gambit, Flux, Wheel of Fortune, Forgotten Creation, Collective Defiance, Dack Fayden, Dangerous Wager, Desperate Ravings, Distant Memories, Bedlam Reveler ...
Any mass draw + Molten Psyche can be a funny way of finishing someone off...
Just ideas !
Bumping CommanderEesha's Skullclamp suggestion. It would be absolutely broken in this deck !
1 day ago
- Arjun, the Shifting Flame and Mindmoil
- Shaman of the Great Hunt
- Animar, Soul of Elements
- Temur Ascendancy
- Wheel of Fortune, Reforge the Soul, and all of the other red wheel effects
- Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
- Fireball-esque effects to pump Kydele's mana into
Let me know what you think of this: I may try brewing up a list in my own time either way!
1 day ago
Hey DespairFaction, thanks for the suggestions! I'll go through and address each one quickly:
- I'm not really a fan of Mask of Memory, as you have to connect to draw.
- Skullclamp should definitely be in the deck, I agree. I had it in here at one point, but then took it out because I had taken some token generators out (i.e. Assemble the Legion). Since the addition of Monastery Mentor, clamp deserves a slot.
- People in my meta do play lots of board wipes, which is why I really like Sword of Light and Shadow. It also dodges the best spot removal with the pro white and black. Fliers are often most common in those colors, and I don't want to get chumped.
- Sword of Fire and Ice is obviously a good value card and I will consider it. I've never really liked Sword of War and Peace as I feel it's the most variable of the Swords. It also negates Boros Charm double strike (although some of the others swords do, as well).
- Conqueror's Flail is one I hadn't considered before, and it looks awesome. Dragonlord Dromoka is a powerhouse and having that effect on an artifact I can tutor is sick. One of the biggest problems I have is if someone counters Aurelia, obviously.
- I had Spirit of the Labyrinth in here and it was underwhelming. It also makes Wheel of Fortune a dead card in hand.
- Armageddon seems much more efficient to me than Cataclysm, but if I wanted another effect I've considered running Cataclysmic Gearhulk instead. The main thing I don't like about the cards is that they wipe my mana rocks. With Armageddon and multiple mana rocks, I can often still cast spells.
- Insurrection is very slow for this deck, and if it's countered, I'm in big trouble. I aim to win far before that with commander damage. It's also contingent on board state and can be a dead card in hand, so I'm not a fan.
- I tried Tajic, Blade of the Legion and cut him almost immediately. He usually ends up being a vanilla beater with an upside that isn't worth the mana investment.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm trying to make Aurelia as competitive as possible :)
3 days ago
Sup, here are my initial thoughts:
Lands:Surprised you're not running Mikokoro, Center of the Sea. You can prob come down to 37 lands too.
Creatures:I'd prob cut:
I'd prob bring in:
- Clever Impersonator
- Sakashima the Impostor
- Archfiend of Ifnir - spicy board wipe synergy - breaks through indestructible too :D
- Seizan, Perverter of Truth
- Consecrated Sphinx
- Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
- Sire Of Insanity
I think these would be pretty sick in place of all the other enchantments:
- Liliana's Caress
- Fevered Visions
- Underworld Dreams
- Breathstealer's Crypt
- Helm of the Ghastlord
- Leyline of Anticipation
- Leyline of the Void
- Hive Mind = EPIC!
- Well of Ideas
Could prob add more rocks too.
Instants:I think these are the only instants you really need:
These are prob the only ones I'd run:
4 days ago
Vman: I don't think that Young Pyromancer fits too well here TBH. I'm not playing as many instants/sorceries as one would think. And Descent of the Dragons definitely goes onto the maybeboard, thanks!
Hamster2558: Nephalia Academy protects me from opponents' discard effects, so it might have a place. But it can't preserve cards from my Wheel of Fortune effects, which is even more valuable to me. Onto the maybeboard it goes! ;)
Workman4137: If I wanted a counterspell that drew me a card, I'd probably go with Remand, Dream Fracture, or Arcane Denial. It's just not in the gameplan for this deck, though. And I'm afraid I don't have a good way of cheating out Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur at the moment...but he's been an allstar in my Sidisi, Brood Tyrant deck! :)
Micocoulier: Ooh! Rites of Initiation is intriguing; I forgot that card even existed haha. I'll also consider Obelisk of Urd - it's an interesting idea since it's "free" with 6 Locusts out. Thank you for the comment! If you like the deck, +1s are appreciated ;)
5 days ago
6 days ago
RazortoothMtg: Honestly, I don't know why Strionic Resonator was in the list. Out it goes! I also really like Flamebreak for its mana-to-effect ratio, but it got cut for more draw ;) Thank you for the help, I appreciate it!
Skulloelegy: Glad to help! :)
n0bunga: Same to you man! Trinket Mage is now in - still looking for a slot for Trophy Mage, but she'll find her way into the list eventually! :) And Lightning Storm would be a hilarious win-con, I might have to try that.
Marcs7: Thanks! I'll definitely try to include that - Blasting Station also goes infinite with Murder of Crows (which has its own utility in the deck). If you like the deck, you're welcome to give a +1 ;)
teferiofzhalfir: Shared Animosity has been consistently fantastic in this deck haha. Nothing quite like The Locust God into Shared Animosity and Wheel of Fortune, draw 7 and swing for 49. And I'm always nervous to use Coat of Arms in case I go up against a tribal deck, but I'll look for a slot :)
Zimmers_0: It's super fun so far (though I've only goldfished so far). It isn't my strongest combo deck, but it's very fun and can explode out of nowhere.
My basic assessment is that The Locust God is extremely powerful, even moreso than it appears - but it doesn't have any inherent protection, and it's very expensive at 6 mana.
If I had the money for the "real" mana rocks like Mox Diamond and Mana Crypt I think I could make it into a major threat. Until then, it will be a janky, fun combo deck that murders people with unholy plagues of locusts MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
6 days ago
So I'm running a yidris deck in which the engine is to ramp with cheap mana rocks and spells like Dark Ritual, then cycling my hand using wheel effects, such as Wheel of Fortune, until I can start cascading in various powerful creatures and other spells, some of which recur the dumped cards, while others re shuffle them into my deck.
Now my question is would Crucible of Worlds work well enough with my various cycling effects to allow my to drop from 40 lands to 35-37 so I could add in a couple more impactful cards? My thought is that discarding my hands for new ones will make sure I always have a land drop while crucible is online, even if there are less lands in my deck. But I want to get some feedback before I actually try it