|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Soldier
Metalcraft — Etched Champion has protection from all color as long as you control three or more artifacts.
Etched Champion Discussion
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
Beat me to it. Dalakos, Crafter of Wonders is going to lead to interesting deck design without white. Will be adding my list to the site this week. As for your list, some suggestions: Goblin Engineer , Goblin Welder , Godo, Bandit Warlord , Trophy Mage , Etched Champion , Vedalken Humiliator .
3 weeks ago
Inventors' Fair is anothe good land you could use. Also grab an Ancient Den and Darksteel Citadel as well to maximize artifact synergies. Refurbish , Emeria, The Sky Ruin , and Open the Vaults can also let you get things out of your graveyard.
Reya is probably too expensive.
Cut Heavenly Blademaster, you don't have enough creatures to take advantage of her.
Kemba, Kha Regent would be a more appropriate one because she generates tokens as blockers and swarmers if neede.
I'm not huge on Nahiri, the Lithomancer . 5 mana to not really get a lot done but make a 1/1 and equip it once. Similarly, Ajani Goldmane doesn't seem to do a lot in your deck. I think walkers like Ugin, the Ineffable and Elspeth, Sun's Champion might just straight up be better fits. You want to capitalize on that artifact synergy.
If you absolutely need something expensive and threatening, Zetalpa, Primal Dawn or Heliod, God of the Sun are good options with baked-in indestructible.
Land Tax and Smothering Tithe may also be very big includes. The second generates artifacts for anything that needs them as well as makes lots of mana or slows your opponents down considerably. Both are good for you.
Finally, you have some fun infinite mana generation in there but... what does it do? You've got no real payoff for abusing Basalt Monolith. There's no way to chain or bounce things, no aetherflux resrvoir, etc. Maybe instead of Doubling Cube , you run more linear ramp like Sword of the Animist , Explorer's Scope , or Land Tax
1 month ago
What does main deck Hope of Ghirapur serve? Could it be swapped for the sideboard Etched Champion ? also what is your opinion on running a single Sea Gate Wreckage to refuel if your opponent has persisted for quite some time, or as a way to refuel after boards?
1 month ago
1 month ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
3 months ago
Misc - Sigarda's Aid , Arcbound Ravager , Inkmoth Nexus , Gideon, Ally of Zendikar , Gideon Blackblade , Shimmer Myr , Scrap Trawler , Myr Retriever , Mikaeus, the Lunarch , Mycosynth Golem , Etched Champion , God-Eternal Oketra , Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite , City of Shadows , Brave the Sands , Duelist's Heritage , Heliod, God of the Sun , Baneslayer Angel , Archangel of Tithes , Sublime Archangel , Platinum Angel , Platinum Emperion , Odric, Master Tactician , Angel of Jubilation
Artifacts - Akroma's Memorial , O-Naginata , Inspiring Statuary , Blade of Selves , Godsend , Bloodthirsty Blade , Bloodforged Battle-Axe , Helm of the Host , Paradise Mantle , The Immortal Sun , Alhammarret's Archive
Protection - Selfless Spirit , Faith's Shield , Rebuff the Wicked , Avacyn, Angel of Hope , Leonin Abunas , Leyline of Sanctity , Indomitable Archangel , Mother of Runes , Giver of Runes , Divine Deflection ,
4 months ago
There were a bunch of traditional Tempered Steel budget affinity lists that are worth a look.
The main trick to budget lists is to plan for your local meta and play to that- don't be scared to maindeck sideboard tools to get more slots.
Etched Champion occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%