Artifact Creature — Soldier
Metalcraft — Etched Champion has protection from all color as long as you control three or more artifacts.
|Have (2)||metalmagic ,|
|Want (2)||cubedchristian , EKTurduckin|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Etched Champion occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Etched Champion Discussion
1 month ago
I think you should always be looking to run the full playset of Arcbound Ravager. I think you should be aiming to run 4 Blinkmoth Nexus as well (if your coloured spells are too numerous to handle that, you’re running too many coloured spells).
Chief Engineer is an interesting choice, maybe pair it with ways to cause some nice indirect damage. I’m thinking 2-of Throne of the God-Pharaoh to allow you to tap-down all your creatures and really punish the opponent. Such a playstyle would benefit from some Smuggler's Copter also.
I don’t think you should run Architects of Will, it’s too slow and doesn’t do what an affinity deck wants to be doing (winning quickly). I’d also ditch Ensoul Artifact as it’s likely just going to get a killspell in response, losing you 2 cards. It’s also kindof clumsy/slow.
2 months ago
I've been brainstorming, and Steel Overseer was also printed in M11. You could make a very modern-like affinity deck, since many of the current modern artifact staples came out of the Scars of Mirrodin block: Vault Skirge Memnite Signal Pest Galvanic Blast . Then, either Mox Opal or Etched Champion in your mythic slot.
The "within 8 standard sets" means you can't get the whole Alara block and the whole Scars of Mirrodin block, but you can get part of each. I would probably go with Conflux/Alara Reborn/Magic 2010/Zendikar/Worldwake/Rise of the Eldrazi/Magic 2011/Scars of Mirrodin. That way, I could fill it out with more artifact creatures that like artifact creatures, like Court Homunculus Salvage Slasher Arsenal Thresher Glassdust Hulk .
3 months ago
4 months ago
Beat me to it. Dalakos, Crafter of Wonders is going to lead to interesting deck design without white. Will be adding my list to the site this week. As for your list, some suggestions: Goblin Engineer , Goblin Welder , Godo, Bandit Warlord , Trophy Mage , Etched Champion , Vedalken Humiliator .
4 months ago
Inventors' Fair is anothe good land you could use. Also grab an Ancient Den and Darksteel Citadel as well to maximize artifact synergies. Refurbish , Emeria, The Sky Ruin , and Open the Vaults can also let you get things out of your graveyard.
Reya is probably too expensive.
Cut Heavenly Blademaster, you don't have enough creatures to take advantage of her.
Kemba, Kha Regent would be a more appropriate one because she generates tokens as blockers and swarmers if neede.
I'm not huge on Nahiri, the Lithomancer . 5 mana to not really get a lot done but make a 1/1 and equip it once. Similarly, Ajani Goldmane doesn't seem to do a lot in your deck. I think walkers like Ugin, the Ineffable and Elspeth, Sun's Champion might just straight up be better fits. You want to capitalize on that artifact synergy.
If you absolutely need something expensive and threatening, Zetalpa, Primal Dawn or Heliod, God of the Sun are good options with baked-in indestructible.
Land Tax and Smothering Tithe may also be very big includes. The second generates artifacts for anything that needs them as well as makes lots of mana or slows your opponents down considerably. Both are good for you.
Finally, you have some fun infinite mana generation in there but... what does it do? You've got no real payoff for abusing Basalt Monolith. There's no way to chain or bounce things, no aetherflux resrvoir, etc. Maybe instead of Doubling Cube , you run more linear ramp like Sword of the Animist , Explorer's Scope , or Land Tax
4 months ago
What does main deck Hope of Ghirapur serve? Could it be swapped for the sideboard Etched Champion ? also what is your opinion on running a single Sea Gate Wreckage to refuel if your opponent has persisted for quite some time, or as a way to refuel after boards?
4 months ago
5 months ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.