|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Common|
Combos Browse all
( can be paid with either or 2 life.)
Target artifact or creature you control gains protection from artifacts or from the color of your choice until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||pskinn01 , BlueMageBrandon , dplerner , TehDelta , PTsmitty , tlhunter07 , ironax , bakeraj4 , acbooster , , GeminiSpartanX , philktoken8998|
Apostle's Blessing Discussion
7 hours ago
10 hours ago
Apostle's Blessing friggin' where??
Also, cool deck. Would replace the 3 CMC Merfolk for more protection for creatures, low cost cipher fun, or +1/+1 sinergy creatures from Khans
18 hours ago
Been gone from the game for a couple of months so I'm a little rusty so my advice might not be the best but it seems that the idea you're running with is very similar to an infect deck. My advice would be to add in a little extra protection and sideboard the removal like Lightning Bolt as you should be focused solely on your offensive. For example,Path to Exile is a huge card in modern that doesn't necessarily do damage but gets rid of threats nonetheless. So I recommend a card like Vines of Vastwood or Apostle's Blessing to add in the overall protection.
1 day ago
Welcome to Modern! Please take all these comments with healthy skepticism, as I have no idea what your meta is like nor your personal playstyle. :-)
First, I know you asked about sideboard, but I wanted to mention ...
- You might consider Cathedral of War. I'm not sure what the right number is, so I'd start testing at 4x and work down from there if you can't stand it.
- Vines of Vastwood is amazing, and I rec' running 4x (instead of a split with Blossoming Defense). Also, in case you're not aware: Because of the way the card is worded, it's actually better than hexproof ... you can use it on your opponent's creatures, to prevent them from targeting their own dudes with pump spells and various abilities (like Equip, Modular, and Crew).
- Though Groundswell is great is a 2-color deck (because of the Fetchlands), I personally think it's kind of meh in a Mono-G deck. If you haven't already done so, you might try testing 2x Groundswell and 2x Giant Growth and just see which you prefer. You could also try it with an extra land or two.
On sideboard, I try to always consider the following areas:
- Extra Protection: Meta-dependent, but I try to always consider some extra Vines of Vastwood, Blossoming Defense, or Apostle's Blessing. Also, though it's not really protection, Shaper's Sanctuary is intriguing. Not sure what I think of it yet, but I'm looking forward to testing it once XLN is released and the price normalizes.
- Extra Evasion: Meta-dependent, but I try to always consider extra Trample and Unblockable (e.g., Apostle's Blessing) effects.
- Removal: 1x Dismember is great. If too pricey though, any Green fight card is solid. I like Nature's Way, personally.
- Gravehate: 2x sounds about right. I'm on Tormod's Crypt lately, because it's the only thing that's fast enough vs. Vengevine.
- Artifacthate: I'm not personally a fan of Nature's Claim in the side, but that's because there's a lot of Eldrazi Tron in my meta and they run 4x Chalice of the Void in the main ... and Chalice with X=1 will shut Infect down hard. I like Seal of Primordium but Deglamer/Unravel the Aether may be better depending on the meta.
- Extra land: If I find myself bringing in high-CMC cards from the sideboard, sometimes adding an extra land makes sense.
- Burnhate: If there's a bunch of Burn in your meta, you may want some disposable blockers and some lifegain. Spellskite (blocker + protection) and Kitchen Finks (blocker + lifegain) are amazing, but super-pricey. Maybe something like Wall of Roots, Steel Wall, or Wall of Tanglecord. I've no idea on the lifegain ... Nourish maybe? Or maybe Jaddi Offshoot (though I'm not sure it's worth it with 20 Lands).
dlanz on Esper Alarm
2 days ago
Ballzanya I really like Bloodline Keeper Flip, it can double as a beefy creature and a combo piece. Also, Apostle's Blessing would be really good at protecting my creatures, but not much else so I'd have to see how it plays. But I can definitely see its use. While a bant version looks nice, I'm not too keen on leaving the control shell.
4 days ago
You could play Apostle's Blessing to protect the doomsayer. But it still requires one mana. (the 2 life shouldn't be problematic)
5 days ago
sideboard: Apostle's Blessing or Mizzium Skin? you could play Spire Golem to block delver of secrets. maybe Feldon's Cane/Propaganda vs mill or tokens? Power Sink, Keep Watch, Repeal, Relic of Progenitus or Blue Elemental Blast could be options.
6 days ago
Airakk,to get 8 cards turn one just be on the draw... although if I was playing against your deck in a tournament i would discover the 2 drop kill spells, and would opt for going first. i would also look for a hand with more than one creaturealso, im curious about your first comment. did you take every opening hand you got? seeing how you know there is a small number of creatures, and them being the only win con, did you go down to a hand size of 6,5,or even 4? when i play with this deck I often must go down to 6 or 5, but still win turn around turn 3.lastly, since the time i posted this deck i have sideboarded Apostle's Blessing to deal with one/two drop kill spells. thanks for you comments, although before you comment on someones deck,try and give solutions to the problems you see :)