( can be paid with either or 2 life.)
Target artifact or creature you control gains protection from artifacts or from the color of your choice until end of turn.
|Want (2)||soapzz , XENS|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Apostle's Blessing occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.06%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Apostle's Blessing Discussion
2 days ago
A perfect sideboard addition would be Apostle's Blessing. It’s off color but that won’t matter—-just pay the phyrexian mana cost instead. This will either protect your future plans for your hydras in the short game, or else enable them to push through in the late game. I’d run 4 copies, no question about it.
1 month ago
Great deck, but in place of open the armory, as there are no auras or equipment, I would suggest Faith's Shield, Gods Willing, or Apostle's Blessing as an extra precaution. They are all great in their own way so it is mostly a matter of preference
2 months ago
Hey there, you've got a pretty good thing going on here, especially for a first deck. A lot more cohesive than my first EDH attempt many moons ago, which was a horrible mishmash of netdeck and "super secret tech" that in fact did not work as intended. Your secret sauce of mild pillow fort actually makes sense!
That said, here are a few pointers that should help you smooth out some rough edges:
- You should run all seven one-drop instant speed cantrips. They're just good, no matter your specific Feather game plan. You're missing Heal and Panic. They don't get you an instant card, but they're still good.
- Dowsing Dagger Flip is really good ramp that flips quite easily because Feather has wings, and you can make use of the big mana shot with your red-centric pump quite easily.
- I agree that Scroll of the Masters is very nice for ending people with voltron damage, I ran it until taking it out recently to focus more on the whole storming out angle. This is a bit of a sad truth, but decks tend to work better when you zoom in on an particular angle of attack. In your case, keep an eye on how the cast payoffs work. You run quite few rocks, so you won't have obscene mana to keep a crazy number of spells in constant circulation. The token guys are still gonna be good for gumming, but the various Guttersnipe variants might end up lacking. I expect Aetherflux Reservoir in particular to do little for you.
- Some voltron stuff I always thought could be good is O-Naginata and Leering Emblem.
- Emerge Unscathed does nothing for you as you don't care about its rebound. You should have enough repeatable protection stuff to not care about Deflecting Swat. Sheltering Light is nice as it's a form of protection while scrying for 1 mana. Faith's Shield is like a second Apostle's Blessing in that it can also protect a non-creature in a pinch. Not sure how vital that will be for you. My personal protection suite is the one-drop insta-flickers (Cloudshift, Ephemerate), two-drop EOT-flickers (Liberate, Long Road Home, Otherworldly Journey), a few colour protection options (Gods Willing, Apostle's Blessing, Faith's Shield, Shelter) and a bit of indestructibility (Ajani's Presence, Ephemeral Shields, Sheltering Light).
2 months ago
Always needs moar removal/utility. I got some weird stuff for ya.
3 months ago
I feel like the deck is solid, definite room for growth, but for the budget incredibly effective. There are some weaknesses, but the deck definitely can be a powerhouse.
Biggest room for improvement:
Resolve the small issues (See below)
Issues that I see:
-Few ways of protecting Kaalia
-Few ways of drawing cards
-Slightly not enough ramp, try adding 2 more
-Too high CMC on non-angel/demon/dragon cards
-Few ways of removing single targets
-Slightly too many board wipes
-Slightly too few lands, adding a few will allow you to have more keep-able hands
Cards to add: (These are some good budget substitutions for cards you have and will make the deck run smoothly, I listed the card kingdom prices in ()'s)
Talisman of Indulgence (2.3)
Fellwar Stone (3.5)
Coldsteel Heart (1.5)
Chaos Warp (1.5)
Harvester of Souls (1.3)
Bloodgift Demon (1)
Demonlord Belzenlok (.8)
Boros Charm (2.5)
Apostle's Blessing (.25)
Giver of Runes (3)
Caves of Koilos (1)
The total for cards to add should only be about $25
Cards to take out to make room:
The next big move will be to improve the landbase. 35 is the right amount for the deck, in my opinion, however it definitely could use an upgrade. Having a consistent land base allows you to easier play Kaalia on turn 3 or 4. It also helps you to consistently have the colors of mana you need, when you need them. I would add/completed the cycles in this order. These are listed from cheapest to most expensive.
Dual-color cycling lands (1) https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Cycling_land
Battle lands (1) https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Battle_land
Check lands (3) https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Check_land
Filter lands (3) https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Filter_land
Shock lands (2) https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Shock_land
Fetch lands (3) https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Fetch_land
3 months ago
I'll give Kiln Fiend a shot, altough I have a hard time making space. I don't want to lose one drops (even though the 1/2 wizards are objectively bad) because I feel the deck needs them to gain tempo.
I'll try 2 fiends, 3 chasers and 3 splitters and I'll update from there!
3 months ago
I actually play a playset of both!
5 months ago
Giorgiod: First of all, thanks for your interest, and please let me know how playing the deck works out for you. =D I'd love to get feedback on the deck in a different meta.
As for a sideboard. Tbh, eh not really, lol. I play mostly casual/kitchen table, plus I literally have over 50 pauper decks built so I don't get to play them all as much as they deserve.
That being said, were I to bring this deck to a LGS and play it, I would probably swap Stoic Rebuttal for straight-up Counterspell as suggested above, and leave maybe one or more Stoic Rebuttals in the sideboard for counter-wars with other blue decks.
I only have the one copy of Welding Jar or else I'd have more in the deck also, so put some of those in the sideboard too.
Apostle's Blessing is one of the best defense spells in pauper imho, so if you face a lot of removal, there's that.
Echoing Truth is versatile enough to hit any permanent, so kind of a board wipe, but can also get rid of Treasure, Food, etc. depending on what you face.
Beyond that, I usually go very general with my sideboards, so creature removal (Searing Light, Smite, Celestial Flare), artifact removal (Fragmentize, Dispeller's Capsule) and enchantment removal (Demystify). And sometimes you can double up the effects on one card to "save space" in your sideboard, as you can see. =)
Hopefully that jumble of ideas provides some help to you! =D Have fun, and let me know how you like the deck and if it needs any major adjustments or whatnot! Thanks!