|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Signature Spellbook: Jace (SS1)||Mythic Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Mythic Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Mythic Rare|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Planeswalker — Jace
+2: Each player draws a card.
-1: Target player draws a card.
-10: Target player puts the top twenty cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Jace Beleren Discussion
6 days ago
8 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 week ago
Jace Beleren Turbofog. Boom. The Ultimate counter to aggro!!!!!
On a more serious note, Heres a list. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jacefog/?cb=1552681390 probably wants more thrunns
1 week ago
this seems like a very fun and interesting commander deck, I would add Jace Beleren to help you mill, you can easily target yourself and mill 20 cards right there after you have what you need and he helps you draw cards to get what you want and maybe a Reliquary Tower to have no hand limit
3 weeks ago
Both cards have special functions for this deck
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept : There are some very useful artifacts in this deck, it's another way to get them back from the graveyard. The 2/2 body with deathtouch can force an opponent not to attack (you).
- Death Wish : In my playgroup we play with a wishboard. That means, that you have up to 15 cards in exile (like the sideboard). In the current commander rules no wishboard allowed, but as always this is something you have to clear this specific rule with your friedns and opponents before the game. You may change this card with any other of the listed Maybeboard or any other card.
I see that this deck is in a budget view really expensive and I unterstand to switch some cards due budget reasons. To your specific question I recommend the following:
- Intuition This card is hard to replace by a cheaper card, but you may put in some drawing cards like Frantic Search or Fact or Fiction
- Mission Briefing : If you need a recursion you may play Flood of Recollection or Archaeomancer .
- Price of Fame : I like Ashes to Ashes , but any other destroy effect does the same as Price of Fame . I've this card in the deck because it can easy destroy any commander creature and has the "Surveil"-ability.
- Sinister Sabotage : Okay, put in any other counter spell like Forbid
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor : Easy to replace, because this planeswalker card isn't very important. If you really want to play a planeswalker Jace Beleren is a playable option.
- Death Wish : My flexible card, you may switch this one for a card that helps you against specific strategies. For example if many of your opponents play green think of Perish . Or if Token-strategies are common, than AEther Snap is fantastic. Take a look on my listed Maybeboard, I'm sure you may find a reasonable card
- Academy Ruins : You may put a basic land instead of this card, also consider Strip Mine or Cephalid Coliseum
3 weeks ago
Thanks for your feedback cdkime! a lot of solid points!
I am trying to build the deck as "budget friendly" as possible as it is my first deck and I'm still not willing to invest too much into a single deck. Because of this, I think I will include Master of the Feast , Jace Beleren & Dictate of Kruphix as I have already bought these :) but I can definitely see your point and I might exclude Howling Mine and Kami of the Crescent Moon . As you mentioned i have also noticed that Nekusar without any support/extra dmg pr. card draw etc. is more harm than good.
The combo you are mentioning with Temple Bell i dont quite understand, will Mind Over Matter not only untap it once, meaning i get to draw one extra card?
Library of Leng seems really really good and will definitely be included!
I can see why Niv-Mizzet & The locust god would be good - the locust god is too expensive atm. but i might include Niv-Mizzet and Curiosity
I have looked on Cyclonic Rift as well, but its too expensive atm. unfortunately.
I will make a few changes to the deck in about an hour or so if you wanna take a look please do - all feedback is appreciated!
3 weeks ago
This is a pretty solid start. I have a couple suggestions based on my own experiences with Nekusar.
First and foremost, these cards put you at a competitive disadvantage. While it may seem equal, you have to think of your opponents as a collective whole. These cards allow you to draw 1 card; with three opponents, your opponents are getting 3 cards total. That increases the chance that at least somebody will have drawn into their answer. Master of the Feast is an exception, you get no cards, while your opponents get 3. That's not worth a large, flying body.
Second, Nekusar really wants large, explosive plays. Chipping away one additional generally does not make a significant difference in the game.
Finally, with the exception of Dictate of Kruphix and Jace Beleren , your opponents get to take advantage of the additional card before you are granted additional cards. Not only do they put you at a long-term disadvantage, they start harming your chances of victory pretty much immediately.
I would include Temple Bell on this list, but I wanted to address it separately. Temple Bell has some potential alongside Mind Over Matter , as it allows you to mill yourself to 0. Run alongside Laboratory Maniac (which you can use the combo to dig for and then cast), you can use this to win the game.
Library of Leng is a powerhouse in Nekusar. You can discard the cards you do not want, but keep those you do, engineering a better hand with each wheel.
Cyclonic Rift is a pretty solid card in commander, functioning as an early-game bounce spell and a later-game method of clearing the board.
Hope some of that helps.
3 weeks ago
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 19 COMMENTS | 294 VIEWS
I guess I could probably leave this this way now; my job for this is pretty much all done.
Apologies to you guys. If I had an excuse, it's that my next deck after this runs Palladia-Mors, the Ruiner (All because she's the weakest of the Elder Dragons; Contrary to her Errata. XP)
1 month ago
A fun card definitely to play with is Altar of the Brood ! Gives you a consistent way of making people drop stuff into their grave! Another fun card I run as well is Syphon Mind gives you card draw and makes everyone discard! I would also consider running some more card advantage effects like Mystic Remora , Rhystic Study , or Phyrexian Arena . Notion Thief is a sick card to play and can lead to janky shenanigans like Jace Beleren , Mikokoro, Center of the Sea and making only yourself draw.
Hope that helps!
Jace Beleren occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%