Creature — Faerie Rogue
Whenever you draw your second card each turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Faerie Vandal.
Printings View all
|Throne of Eldraine (ELD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Faerie Vandal Discussion
1 month ago
So the way I'd go with this is basically a standard Tron commander with a top-end to take advantage of your draws. Chasm Skulker , Consecrated Sphinx , Faerie Vandal , all the Swords (e.g. Sword of Fire and Ice ), Skeleton Key , Colossus Hammer , Fireshrieker , Eel Umbra , Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Shielding Plax , Grafted Exoskeleton , etc. Probably a few counterspells (e.g. Counterspell ), some control like Vendilion Clique , maybe a Thought Sponge . Your higher-end stuff can be Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur , Sheoldred, the Whispering One, Dragonlord Silumgar , Vilis, Broker of Blood . You want consistent life loss, so Pestilence and similar effects are solid.
1 month ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
1 month ago
I like the idea.
Good luck with the brew.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help.
If you're trying to ramp into Syr then consider adding more Maraleaf Pixie ? Go with 4x Pixie to give you a better chance of playing turn two ramp. Growth Spiral is a two drop that draws a card and you can put a land onto the battlefield if you have one in your hand which can be ramp.
Gadwick, the Wizened is another budget creature to use ramp with who can draw cards, a lot of them depending on how much ramp you can make. Chemister's Insight is draw and jumpstart lets you discard a card from your hand such as a land to cast it again from your graveyard.
Incubation / Incongruity is a split card Simic spell. Incubation can help to find Syr, digging five cards deep from the top of the library is nice and Incongruity is a creature removal spell that exiles. With Syr the affect of no maximum hand size is helpful to keep her power high. Most of the no max hand size cards are budget options such as Reliquary Tower , The Magic Mirror and Finale of Revelation , but they may be outside the budget here. Folio of Fancies is not and it gives you this affect, but is the worst of the options.
Flying creatures Spectral Sailor and Faerie Vandal have good interaction since Sailor's ability can be repeatable. It draws a card which puts a counter on Vandal. Can do this interaction each turn for four mana.
2 months ago
MrBoombastic I've tried to focus this deck more here. I've tried to build this to feed Niv. I replaced Faerie Vandal with Invade the City and Goblin Electromancer came out for Ral, Storm Conduit . I like the goblin, but I hope to spend the first few turns Flame Sweeping and murdering everything that moves (similar to my Sarkhan deck). I hope to gain card advantage early with flame sweep and then start to set the board for Niv. I think the Scions will work well with Invade the City in the mid-game, and I hope to hit the ultimate after Niv drops. I love the idea of copying and recurring Invade the City and then giving the giant army trample with Scions and sending it over.
I feel a little vulnerable without The Elderspell and I wonder if this is powerful enough in the mid-game to keep green creature decks at bay, but this is close to what I'm trying to accomplish
I've just started to check out the Temur Walkers. I think that is very relevant to my Sarkhan deck.
2 months ago
Titus7007 Find out what your game plan is and go from there - what do you want the deck to do? Setting up for a combo finish with Niv-Mizzet, Parun or Thousand-Year Storm ? Drawing cards and adding synergy that way? A control deck with PW's as finishers? There are many ways to go, but cards like Runaway Steam-Kin , Goblin Electromancer , Faerie Vandal , Torbran, Thane of Red Fell and Niv-Mizzet can't go in just any deck and be good. Don't get me wrong, they can all be strong cards, but they need a deck that fits them. Electromancer you won't see much outside of Arclight Phoenix decks, but it's so good there that they don't play less than 4. Niv is a mainstay in the Temur Reclamation decks because the deck is set up to play a bunch of spells, draw a ton of cards and go off with Expansion / Explosion . Torbran slays in mono red because they have a ton of reach and pings etc.
Chemister's Insight is good in a deck that wants to keep their hand stacked while keeping mana up for counter magic (ex. control) or dig for a combo piece (ex. Temur Reclamation). Outside of that I agree with Sorin_Markov_1947.
Keep in mind that all x/2 creatures you add to your deck will make your Flame Sweep worse. That doesn't necessarily mean you should avoid them entirely, but it's worth considering when brewing.
TL;DR you have a bunch of strong cards, but lack a focused plan and therefore synergy.
As for Spark Double try and check out this Temur walkers deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjbpYMKiRAA