|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||None|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|The Dark (DRK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Nonbasic lands are Mountains.
Blood Moon Discussion
18 hours ago
I mean, I'm surprised no one mentioned any cantrips yet... Ponder and Preordain are pretty easily two of the best cards in EDH (there's a reason they're banned in Modern), so I think you should stick them in there. multimedia's suggestion of a Flash line is a good plan, and adding the cantrips can help you find it (or whatever combo). Since you're not running fetchlands, I don't think Brainstorm is a good idea. If you do run things like Polluted Delta , it gets REALLY good.
I would also like to point out that, being as creature heavy as you are, you may have trouble with boardwipes. I think you should consider backup cards, like Living Death or Heroic Intervention , since they'll let you survive if you get hit with a Toxic Deluge or Supreme Verdict .
I like that you're running Deathrite Shaman and Birds of Paradise , but you should run some other dorks as well. Arbor Elf is good, especially with duals like your Overgrown Tomb . I'm also a big fan of Elves of Deep Shadow or the classical-era Fyndhorn Elves / Llanowar Elves / Elvish Mystic . Running dorks gets your general down that much faster, meaning your deck overall becomes exponentially more powerful.
If you run the dorks, you can cut cards like Chromatic Lantern in order to make Collector Ouphe viable. Collector Ouphe is a brutal card, especially since you can find it off of your Green Sun's Zenith .
You're running a lot of basics for a tri-color deck without Back to Basics or Blood Moon . There're some cards you may want to look into, like Mana Confluence , City of Brass , Reflecting Pool ... These'll smooth out your mana nicely.
Efficient counterspells can help protect your general and slow down your opponents. I suggest considering some of the following: Spell Snare , Spell Pierce , Delay , Dispel , Swan Song , Veil of Summer , Narset's Reversal or even Mental Misstep , depending upon your meta.
2 days ago
My first thought was that you clearly know how to build a deck, and my second was that some of the choices are a bit subpar, which is to be expected when filling 99-slots, rather than the 10ish cards you'd select for a 60-card deck. I would lose low-impact cards like Spellbook, The Royal Scions, and Sentinel Tower. Thought Vessel , Dack Fayden , and a 36th land are the first 3 swaps I would make. If you're building on a budget versus friends who have the budget for better manabases, take advantage of that with Blood Moon , Ruination , and Back to Basics . If not, then I would use Niv-Mizzet, Parun as the commander and shore up the manabase. Also, no Ophidian Eye and Curiosity ? Finally, take a look at the EDHREC page for Niv. It's really the best tool for building EDH decks. I'd also check out Saffron Olive's 3 Biggest Commmander Deck Building Mistakes.
3 days ago
match_lighter: Thank you for your appreciation :)
For the manabase: the next plan is to go +2 Fetchlands, -1x Forest , -1x Snow-Covered Swamp . Since Forest and Overgrown Tomb are both fetchable with the "Forest"-keyword I can go for the budget version of Verdant Catacombs : Wooded Foothills / Windswept Heath .
The only reason to run Snow-Covered Swamp is against Blood Moon , which is not played very much, also i'd need a full playset of Verdant Catacombs to fetch is consistently. So neither my budget allows it nor have I the requirements by the Meta to play it.
(It allows me to play Inquisition of Kozilek and Plague Stinger , otherwise I would use the to animate Inkmoth Nexus ).
Regarding Pendelhaven : I upgraded to 2 last week and need to playtest. You increase the consistency of drawing it but also run the risk of beeing stuck with one on the field and one in hand. Need to see how the playtests go and then I'll decide if I go down to 1 again. 3 seems an overkill to me.
I never thought of using Surgical Extraction in such a matter, it seems like a good idea. Maybe I can borrow the card or proxy it for playtests, but currently it is out of my budget.
5 days ago
Wow! This is a pretty brew. Starting with your lands, after playtesting I think you can make it with the full four Inkmoth Nexus , secondly I enjoy Castle Locthwain as much as the next guy, you might consider upping it to two since it is not legendary. You might also consider Shizo, Death's Storehouse it gets your creatures through and acts as a plain swamp unless you board in Blood Moon .
As far as winning goes your deck feels solid, the only card I might suggest is Unearth or Claim / Fame the former can reanimate any creature you are currently running, whilst the latter can get only two, but has the upside of also pumping your plague carriers.
Carry on brewing and again, awesome deck!
1 week ago
I was thinking alchemist refuge could be used for turning Whelming Wave into an AEtherize would be good or even better being able to cast it after the opponents 2nd main phase would buy me extra time... same going for playing kiora but eh... the only reason I think I might wanna keep presence over hearth is because of the lack of protection for kiora...now I'm playing with/playtesting with 5color gates to gain budget access to mainly... for possible Dawn Charm / Supreme Verdict ... gonna see if 2x basics with Gatecreeper Vine could be viable in a Blood Moon scenario before getting too carried away thought... I know fulminator mage and ghost Quarter are everywhere but the main focus is still kiora.
1 week ago
Yeah your list is great as-is. But if it were up to me I would cut these:
- Domri, Chaos Bringer - this domri doesn't seem that impactful. He's either an expensive mana dork or a bad draw spell.
- Craterhoof Behemoth - craterhoof costs 8. sure you could get him out with mana from radha, but he's not too exciting post-combat haha.
- Electrodominance - this isn't bad here at all, but I think it could be replaced with something more impactful.
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed - you have more noncreature spells than creature spells.
- Mirri's Guile - great card, but doesn't provide gas. I think mass draw like Keeper of Fables would be better.
- Sylvan Library - similar to Mirri's Guile, I think there are better and less risky options.
- Nature's Claim - not bad at all, but since you can generate a lot of mana I think you can afford to play bigger removal spells like Storm the Citadel .
- Comet Storm - makes sense here, however if you're generating enough mana for this to completely wipe out your opps' creatures or eliminate someone, then you're likely already winning anyway. Instead you can just force blocks by boosting all your dudes (e.g. Thunderfoot Baloth ) and have the same effect as Comet Storm, except it's every turn rather than just once.
- Veil of Summer - I'm not so sure this card translates that well to EDH. It depends on your meta I suppose, but Veil doesn't stop things like Rift or Damnation which I believe are more common than targetted removal in / decks. If your meta slings a lot of counterspells I could see this being worth it, if not I think it is too situational. You also have plenty of counter-hate besides Veil.
- Collector Ouphe - while you don't run a lot of artifacts, this guy does turn off your boots and rocks which could slow you down. it might be better to just blow up trouble artifacts (e.g. Artifact Mutation )
- Blood Moon - This is strong but I don't think you need to resort to resource denial to win. You could instead play something that advances your game plan like Champion of Lambholt .
- Insurrection - This card wins games but if you ask me it's a pretty uninteresting way to win haha. Any red deck could run this and snag wins out of nowhere with it. Not saying you're wrong for running it, just that I personally would pick something more distinctive.
- Tooth and Nail - similar to Insurrection. You can grab Hellkite Charger and Savage Ventmaw which is kinda neat, but some might complain that this as a one-card-combo. Depends on your meta I suppose.
- Defense of the Heart - same as above.
2 weeks ago
I like the deck a lot after playing a few games with it. A few suggestions--Why is Misdirection in the deck? A better card would be Stifle . So often Misdirection is just a dead card. Also, various nonbasic lands are nice, but I played with all basics, and I found it worked just fine. 20 islands and 17 mountains were good. Since we're not playing Hermit Druid , there's little reason not to use them, especially with Blood Moon and Back to Basics in the deck.
2 weeks ago
- Not sure what your budget is but here are cards I would recommend:
- For starts Id get black in your board it helps a lot beacuse: Sling-Gang Lieutenant and Munitions Expert are amazing
- I would put in 1 (max 2) Krenko, Mob Boss when it lands it accelerates hard
- Goblin Ringleader a play set is 1$ and helps the deck a lot.
- Pashalik Mons can help the deck for when your small goblins die, I would run 1
- Goblin Warchief seems amazing
- Goblin Matron lets you find the perfect goblin always
- Goblin Chieftain typically lords (+1/+1 to a creature type) is an auto 4 of. However if you are more mid-range comboy then dont have as many
- Mogg War Marshal the echo seems really bad at first but then you have death triggers which is free damage so its good id have 4
- Goblin Piledriver Gets very big and blue creatures cannot block it, and cannot be targeted by blue bounce spells. (can still be countered though :( )
- Goblin Cratermaker is a goblin that is cheap removal
- Skirk Prospector lets you play big goblins sooner. Can also synergize well with cards being there is the death trigger. You could swing for 10 then sac 10 goblins draining them for 10, which kills them with 10 power on the board.
- Mogg Fanatic is a oldy but goody, Its worth considering 1.
- Tarfire if you want to be memey this technically counts as a goblin (which means you can search for it as if it was a goblin even though its an instant).
- Aether Vial is a big money card but sooooo much fun
- Auntie's Hovel helps your mana base and so does Cavern of Souls id play 4 of each with unlimited money
- Bloodstained Mire is great it filters and can find Blood Crypt I would then run 4 mountains and one swamp. You want to run about 22 lands here no less then 21. Generally for deck construction going below 19 lands is a bad idea (minus a few combo decks, but they run a lot of blue filter cards).
- Blood Moon is a funny card to run
- Goblin Chainwhirler can be fun as well
- If artifacts are a problem then play Goblin Trashmaster
- Black also gets you Earwig Squad
- Another way to build it would be like this: OmniGoblin which is a combo kinda deck
Blood Moon occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
All decks: 0.2%
All decks: 0.21%