Creature — Faerie Soldier
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Wasp Lancer Discussion
3 weeks ago
It seems there are many cards in here that just don't do much, as well as there being naught in terms of basic essentials for a commander deck.
As for creatures:
Dewdrop Spy , Dream Thief , Faerie Duelist , Faerie Seer , Final-Sting Faerie , Hypnotic Sprite , Latchkey Faerie , Nightshade Schemers , Pestermite , Shinechaser , Surveilling Sprite , Thornwind Faeries , Wasp Lancer , and Wizened Snitches . None of these seem to stand out. They have lacking effects that don't bolster power level, but rather drag it down. Cards in other supertypes seem to fall under the same category.
Faerie Tauntings , Stolen by the Fae , Dimir Locket , Violet Pall and Dimir Locket all seem incongruous and lacking. Brainstorm is best when shuffling effects can launder away cards if need be. This deck has only two tutors. Stolen by the Fae is restrictive and minute in impact, as well as a sorcery. Violet Pall seems far too expensive for what it does.
For what I believe should be added, card draw, ramp, and threats.
Windreader Sphinx , Coastal Piracy , and Bident of Thassa are able to draw a considerable amount over the course of a match. Phyrexian Arena , Underworld Connections , and Consecrated Sphinx oft daggle me through the game rather easily.
Good fortune to you, my liege. May all lout in your wake.
1 month ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
5 months ago
So, a couple things: 40 lands is too many for this deck, I'd go down to 38 or maybe even 37 because of the new mulligan rule. I'd also work on the balance of mana based on the colors you have in the deck, taking out some Swamps and replacing them with Islands, and maybe trying to find a few more dual lands because you don't really gave too many and having mostly basics will make it easy for you to get color screwed. Maybe a few more artifacts like a Dimir Signet , Sol Ring for obvious reasons, and Fellwar Stone , stuff like that.
It also seems like you're stuck between Faerie tribal and mill. Personally I'd go with mill, because it's probably cheaper. You can take out cards like Final-Sting Faerie , Nectar Faerie , Quickling , Thornwind Faeries , Wasp Lancer , Distant Melody , Bident of Thassa , Violet Pall , and Faerie Tauntings . You could put cards like Jace, Wielder of Mysteries , Fraying Sanity , Jace, Memory Adept , Sire of Stagnation , Hedron Crab (I have one of these that you can use), Lazav, Dimir Mastermind , Notion Thief , and Nemesis of Reason in order to strengthen your mill plan, and if you wanna win with tokens out of nowhere, you can put in Scion of Oona to keep your tokens safe.
I would also put in some more removal, like Murder , Cast Down , Rapid Hybridization , Go for the Throat , Hero's Downfall , or similar cards. I really like the inclusion of cards like Crypt Incursion and Startled Awake Flip, because those are just really cool cards. This deck has potential, I think you made a really solid first draft.
1 year ago
So to start off, I would personally go Dimir and run Oona, Queen of the Fae as the commander, because faerie synergy. This would free a few slots for maybeboard cards to slot into. Green does not look all that useful in your deck, as you are not running much green ramp cards like Rampant Growth and
Otherwise, I would replace Thought Reflection with Bident of Thassa. In a blue aggro/tempo deck, the draw when combat cards are more valuable and generally cheaper, which makes them more valuable, than card-draw doublers. Otherwise, I would consider extra card-draw effects like Dictate of Kruphix and Howling Mine.
If you want to synergize with some of the faeries in the maybeboard, like Dreamspoiler Witches I would add in more counterspells and control cards like Cyclonic Rift. To take out, I would cut some vanilla creatures like Wasp Lancer and off-tribal cards like Weirding Shaman.
Finnally, you don't really run enough mana dorks or mana rocks to justify running the Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter combo, and don't have a good infinite mana sink other than Oona, Queen of the Fae who isn't even your commander. Unless to dramatically change your deck, I would cut it.
2 years ago
You could look to Lorwyn block for some of those weird dual creatures.
For example only.
Also Sorin Markov
3 years ago
I do agree with the person above. If she isn't quite getting it, maybe ease her in with the 30 card beginner decks. You can get them for free at most local game stores.
As for the deck nothing more simple then Counterspell. Mana Leak and Remand are also good choices. Spelljack for lol's, although that might be a tad complicated. And if you really wanna burn money Mana Drain
I said a lot but I really enjoy this deck. Fairie beat down! If your girl friend get's into it I think she'll really enjoy it.
3 years ago
I'd love to know what success people have found so far, and/or see some sample lists. You've got Bloodbraid Elf listed as Tier 1, but I'd love to know how this deck can win? Ascended Lawmage sounds fun as I'm still working on Sigarda, Host of Herons hexproof/auras deck simultaneously. Mistmeadow Witch also looks like a control cmdr, but would like to know if it works?
I also found... Hellkite Hatchling, Boggart Ram-Gang, Nulltread Gargantuan, Selkie Hedge-Mage, Jhessian Infiltrator, Qasali Ambusher (could always be a free cast), Wasp Lancer, Inkfathom Witch, Thoughtcutter Agent, Murderous Redcap, Ashenmoor Gouger, Blood Cultist, Gwyllion Hedge-Mage, Ichor Rats, Battleground Geist, Thrummingbird, Llanowar Mentor, and Tatterkite ...as possibilities?