|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whir of Invention
Improvise (Your artifacts can help cast this spell. Each artifact you tap after you're done activating mana abilities pays for .)
Search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost X or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Whir of Invention Discussion
18 hours ago
It's good to have redundancy in a deck that relies on its commander for the main theme of the deck. For that reason, I would advise picking up Leyline of Anticipation , if not also Vedalken Orrery . Also, since you're running Blue Sun's Zenith , 1 and 2-mana instants, and a way to flash in artifacts in your command zone, I would look into the Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal combo. If you decide you like that one, Sphinx's Revelation is also in your colors, and you're running the colors for Enlightened Tutor , Idyllic Tutor , Mystical Tutor , Whir of Invention , and Fabricate , as well as enough artifacts for Inventors' Fair to be quite good. Finally, it's a little hard to tell exactly what directions you're talking about, but check out the "themes" tab on EDHREC for whatever you're thinking, as well as the page for your commander and individual cards that form the core of your strategy to see what cards are played alongside them. You should be able to flesh out whatever direction you want to move in from there.
1 day ago
2 days ago
Since you're on a budget, a couple great infinite mana combos you can put in to pump out tons of mana are Grand Architect + Pili-Pala and Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal . With both those two, and the Master Transmuter + Gilded Lotus + Thran Dynamo combo you're already running, you can put in Blue Sun's Zenith , Increasing Confusion , Capsize and other spells for win cons. Whir of Invention would be another good include. I also recommend heading to the budget tab on the top right for this commander on EDHREC. If you're trying not to spend any more money, that will help you find places to shave the price a bit.
3 days ago
Workshop Assistant is another junk diver effect too.
Higher volume of potential pieces increases the likelihood of going off.
The deck doesn't need too many colour pips, so you could cut some of the mana-fixing rocks, even though there are only good ones here.
I don't think you need jitte, you may want greaves—especially if you run the Kuldotha Forgemaster .
Play the deck and let me know, but I don't think you need the Thirst for Knowledge . The deck may want a Hurkyl's Recall to assist going off. Target your self to get more triggers off cast and ETB effects.
4 days ago
4 days ago
Lodestone Golem could be worth playing in the deck. With all the 0 mana artifacts, Whir of Invention seems like it has a place here; it can search for Master Transmuter and you could fit in an Ensnaring Bridge to fetch out when you need it. Have you ever considered Platinum Emperion? It's great when you're behind and about to die and you can give it shroud with Lightning Greaves to make yourself nearly unkillable. I'd say it's better than Filigree Angel in most cases since it's harder to remove with burn.
1 week ago
Hey, other competitive cards to consider:
- Delay: with Lavinia this exiles the spell you counter since it's countered when the time counters run out because no mana was used to cast it.
- Mystic Remora
- Rhystic Study
- Containment Priest: this stops reanimation which is a way an opponent can play around Lavinia and get around land lockdown.
- Aven Mindcensor: deny your opponents from being able to tutor directly for an answer.
- Snapcaster Mage
- Whir of Invention: instant tutor for and put onto the battlefield Pool or Omen.
- Wrath of God
- Luminarch Ascension: can be another win condition when you have your opponents in lockdown.
- Back to Basics
- Talisman of Progress: two drop Azorius mana rock.
- Helm of Obedience: another win condition in combination with Rest in Peace.
The avg. CMC here is 3.6, that's high for a competitive deck. Most of my suggestions are lower mana cost cards to help to reduce the avg. CMC. Several cards are increasing the avg CMC that you will only be able to realistically cast with a Dream Halls in play. Several of these cards are ones that I suggest you cut.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Memory Lapse
- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV: he allows your opponents to cast mana cards since they no longer cost 0 mana instead they cost 1 mana. He negates Lavinia ability to counter spells that are cast with no mana.
- Plea for Guidance
- Emergency Powers
- Path to Exile: don't want to give your opponent a land.
- Always Watching
- Spear of Heliod
- Mesmeric Orb
- Enchanted Evening: don't give your opponents an easier way of beating you by making all your permanents enchantments. Not worth it as a possible win condition with Opalescence.
- Eye of the Storm
- Sphinx-Bone Wand
- Enter the Infinite
- Narset Transcendent: Jace, Karn and Ugin are the most powerful Planeswalkers, they are all you need.
- Teferi, Temporal Archmage
- Will Kenrith
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
I am seeing 101 cards in your deck so you'll need to remove something.