|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Mythic Rare|
|Future Sight (FUT)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Archangel of Thune trampling a card with protection
- Buffing with silklash spider, vigor and akromas memorial.
- Effects of Jaya Ballard and Goblin Welder
- If I'm running a mono black and I play akroma's memorial, can I still target my own creatures with black spells?
- Protection and dual-color DFC interaction.
Creatures you control have flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, haste, protection from black, and protection from red.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||HydraOoze , warcry02 , maR2307 , zachi , mziter501 , Mousemke , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (8)||bradyofportdetroit , Ariumlegion , samuelianstorm , Wolfebladeelite , Riders_of_Brohan , vashaclarens , GeminiSpartanX , golgarigirl|
Akroma's Memorial Discussion
10 hours ago
I'm not the biggest fan of Akroma's Memorial either, to be honest with you. It's a clunky artifact that you can't really cheat into play. And I'd be surprised if you can only get one Colossus in play - between Treasure Mage and Sanctum of Ugin, you have plenty of tutors.
11 hours ago
Thanks rothgar13. I like Lightning Greaves for a lot of reasons, but the reasons I like Haunted Cloak (admittedly not the best of cards is the trample and vigilance. Unless I can get out my Akroma's Memorial the colossus can be chump blocked all day and then I can often quickly die on the crack back in Modern. I will need to do some testing with the greaves to see how it plays though. the 0 equip cost is especially enticing. Pentad Prism seems great. I have actually been playtesting a sideboard plan with Herald of Anguish and it would play really well with improvise. Remove a counter for mana and then tap for additional mana. Thanks again!
Thanks IlGuale (I had a terrible time with your name btw. Is it two 'II' or two 'll'? I don't know, it looks the same! Oh wait it is one of each...). Those are certainly very interesting suggestions...I will need to ponder what that would look like in the deck. Could be an interesting transformative sideboard plan. Completely throw off my opponent with a different plan of attack. Thanks again!
1 day ago
How about a Akroma's Memorial to smash faces even more?
2 days ago
Just a few comments:1. What do you plan on sacrificing with Ashnod's Altar? Only Skittering Invasion, Spawning Bed, and Blight Herder put sacrificable creatures on the board, or you'd have to sacrifice the big ones for just 2 mana... Same goes for Eldrazi Monument by the way.
For the mana you could take a look at Blinkmoth Urn, although it may also give mana to your opponents.
2. Gruesome Slaughter sounds fun, but at which point would you actually use it? Half of your creatures seem to have Annihilator, some are so weak that the extra ability won't help, and with a 10/10 you'd probably want to swing face instead of dealing 10 to a creature "for free". Maybe Akroma's Memorial fits better if you plan to have this kind of effect.
3. Which artifacts do you plan to sacrifice with Phyrexia's Core? Otherwise it would just be as good as a Wastes (see point 4).
4. Ash Barrens, Cloudpost, and Holdout Settlement seem to add nothing more than a Wastes would do. While they may look nicer, with more Wastes you could also consider running Solemn Simulacrum and Burnished Hart.
5. You are severely lacking card draw. Consider a Mind's Eye or a Sandstone Oracle.
4 days ago
As far as cuts go, I would cut Pyramid, Dahgotar, Cloudfin, the modual, the sentinels of arashin, and stuff like that. Your creature count could easily come down to 37 or less.
I know cuts are always hard, but one thing I always look at in my edh decks is, if im in top deck mode, will this 0/1 flyer save me? probably not? then its cut time
1 week ago
I would probably find room for Vedalken Orrery or Leyline of Anticipation. Maybe even an Akroma's Memorial. Always funny to not only have a butt-load of tokens, but ones with all those abilities. But that's just me, it looks like you run fine without any extra frills.
1 week ago
I actually own a colorless artifact deck IRL with Karn, Silver Golem as commander.
Akroma's Memorial is a disgusting card, giving all your creatures a bunch of various buffs.
1 week ago
Here's a list of 7-Drops that I've found to possibly replace Norn:
Akroma's Memorial, Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip, Karn Liberated, Angelic Arbiter, Angrath's Marauders, Cabal Conditioning, Chancellor of the Annex, Debtors' Knell, Defiant Bloodlord, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet, Rune-Scarred Demon, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter.