|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2013||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Archangel of Thune trampling a card with protection
- Buffing with silklash spider, vigor and akromas memorial.
- Effects of Jaya Ballard and Goblin Welder
- If I'm running a mono black and I play akroma's memorial, can I still target my own creatures with black spells?
- Protection and dual-color DFC interaction.
Creatures you control have flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, haste, protection from black, and protection from red.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Akroma's Memorial Discussion
1 day ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
5 days ago
Aurelia, the Warleader, Archangel of Tithes, Masako the Humorless, Nullmage Shepherd, Reconnaissance, Akroma's Memorial, Mother of Runes and, funnily enough, Gideon, Martial Paragon would all fit in with your untapping shenanigans theme.
This is approaching magical Christmas land, but Mangara of Corondor could exile multiple things if you were able to untap him multiple times.
Lifecrafter's Bestiary has quickly become a staple for me in EDH and I would highly recommend it. One card being a source of smoothing out your draws and card draw is invaluable.
1 week ago
I would strongly suggest to add Selvala, Heart of the Wilds. Great interaction with the engine :)
Bloom Tender is another great mana dork to have.
And Akroma's Memorial is a combo piece after a storm of legendary cards to seal the deal.
If you would like to check my Sissy build, I would be honoured :) Upvotes are always great to get. You can find it here.
+1 from a fellow Sissay player.
1 week ago
You do need a way to manage to actually HIT with your big creatures (and Silas Renn), though. Champion of Lambholt might work, but my go-to is usually Eldrazi Monument or Akroma's Memorial (both of which Kuldotha Forgemaster can find).
The mana base seems rough, but a tri-color list is relatively forgiving when your commander isn't a must-have. Does it play okay?
Hope this helps!
1 week ago
Akroma's Memorial - Well don't I feel stupid, it really is an obvious card to use for a deck like this isn't it.
Omnath, Locus of Mana - I only just looked up the ruling for him plus Kruphix, God of Horizons I had assumed that my commander's effect would take priority but apparently not, you were completely correct thanks!
Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth - Unfortunately without both cards on the field neither does anything useful as far as I can tell and I'm not going to throw out other cards to make room for the fetches needed to make it happen
Pristine Talisman - I'll think about it, I'm just not sure what I would drop for it.
1 week ago
Primal surge wincon, but no Akroma's Memorial?
Omnath, Locus of Mana for keeping the green mana on him, and even if he dies, after that Kruphix takes it.
Pristine Talisman maybe?
2 weeks ago
Akroma's Memorial seems bad with zada, but by the time you cast it, it just helps you win. cast it after you make it so that you have lethal on board, and then give your creatures all sorts of evasion.
2 weeks ago
Non-budget upgrades woul probably include Darksteel Forge, Akroma's Memorial, Adaptive Automaton, and card advantage artifacts like Scroll Rack and Sensei's Divining Top. Of course, Heart of Kiran is the most synergistic non-buget card for the deck.