|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Imprisoned in the Moon
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature, land, or planeswalker
Enchanted permanent is a colorless land with "T: Add to your mana pool" and loses all other card types and abilities.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||RPG_FOX , Wolfebladeelite , Supremespeed , , saj0219 , LegendDeer , jhTheMan99 , firemind12 , rakdos24 , Candyman949 , Tyrantsblood , SketchyScribbler , Vasbear1 , ZombieFood , DrPopular , acbooster , Kravian , Nemesis , ThisIsBullshit , Dr_Doomtrain , philktoken8998 , Raknamadak , GoldGhost012|
|Want (3)||Willis1994 , Big-Foot , snackeater|
Imprisoned in the Moon Discussion
4 days ago
You can use double square brackets around a card's name to link it. It's the easiest way to make sure everyone understands what's going on in your question: Blightsteel Colossus, Turn to Frog, Imprisoned in the Moon.
It would go to the graveyard. The Colossus' last ability is a replacement effect, and it needs to be applied at the time the Colossus starts to move to the graveyard, not after it gets there. In your example the ability doesn't exist at the time you would need to apply it so it can't do anything.
6 days ago
If you think of the Eldrazi titans as people, the spawn would be equivalent to a cell. When the body dies, the cells don't immediately die as well, especially those that have access to nutrients, but they will eventually die. Ulamog and Kozilek are dead. Emrakul is still alive, just Imprisoned in the Moon on Innistrad.
1 week ago
Some changes I'd do and try out how they fare:
- Sol Ring (Illegal in our playgroup) run a dork instead
- Simic Keyrune - Play mana Dorks instead
- Vision Skeins - Play better draw spells for only you
- Flash Counter - Play better version of this
- Siren Stormtamer - Play better version of this
- Chasm Skulker - we don't synergize with this
- Tempt with Discovery - there's better ramp that's just for us
- Solemn Simulacrum - we are in green
- Creeping Mold - too expensive
- Pathrazer of Ulamog - Doesn't have a cast trigger, but we cast eldrazi
- Baloth Woodcrasher - We are not in limited or in landfall
- Scaled Behemoth - We are not in limited
- Gauntlet of Power - We are in 2 Colors
- Lightning Greaves - our commander is frequently not a creature
- Swiftfoot Boots - our commander is frequently not a creature
- Imprisoned in the Moon - the green one is better
- Song of the Dryads - Better than imprison in the moon. Binds everything until removed
- Doubling Cube - Should be very awesome with kruphix
- Nature's Claim - cheap instant speed removal
- Paradox Engine - we run counters and can keep our nonland mana so this should yield a lot of mana
- Vedalken Orrery - I think we like a lot of flash in this deck
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Flash for us and slowmo for the others? Yes please!
- Dispel - cheaper than flash counter. Maybe play Swan Song instead of it.
- Everflowing Chalice - bestest manarock to dump mana in
- Brainstorm - best draw spell ever
- Staff of Nin - draw a card a turn and kill some mana dorks
- Fyndhorn Elves - mana dork
- Heroic Intervention - Protect's kurphix and therefore our accumulated mana
- Simic Charm - same as interverntion
- Turn Aside - see above. might be one too many but hey. if it's too much protection run more dorks.
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury - she spits dorks. could be very awesome
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor - Brainstorm every turn and an alternate wincon in a lockdown situation. Best walker ever.
2 weeks ago
JA14732 thanks for responding! Really appreciate it! As soon as I've kinda nailed down what I want the deck to do and what combos I want to keep I can add in the removal/countermagic stuff. It's still very early in the brewing process, so adding the... I dunno, "basic" and "staple"(for lack of better words) stuff can come later on. I have Swords to Plowshares and Counterspell, and will soon pick up a Swan Song.
Anyway, Psionic Gift combos with Stonybrook Schoolmaster, Imprisoned in the Moon is a personal favorite and it deals with enemy commanders and planeswalkers really well, and Razaketh's Rite is just a budget tutor. Demonic Tutor is simply too much for me. I do have an Enlightened Tutor I can throw in here though. I'm considering Necropotence.
Last thing, I've always been unsure about the cantrips in EDH... are they really that useful in the long run?
Bolsheviktory thanks for coming back! The Isochron Scepter combos are great and I'm glad you mentioned them! At the moment, that's a 10ish card detour I don't feel like taking but I'll definitely save it for later!
Do you have any particular tutors you'd suggest? Preferably cheap ones that can grab Stonybrook Schoolmaster?
33 seems a little low... the most I'd cut is 3 basics going down to 35. That'll require testing for sure but we'll see how it goes. All those rocks are good and I may grab them! Thanks again!
One final thank you to both of you! Really appreciate the help!
2 weeks ago
I like the deck, but I feel like you're seriously lacking interaction, especially at instant speed, something that is critical for combo decks. Do the Cluestones really help you here? If not, maybe you could cut them for a Swords to Plowshares, Counterspell, Swan Song, or even a Disenchant, Misdirection or Path to Exile. Similarly, I don't really see the need for Psionic Gift, Imprisoned in the Moon or really Razaketh's Rite (just get a better tutor honestly, like an Enlightened Tutor or if you feel the need to splurge, a Demonic Tutor, Rite is just bad), any of those three could be replaced with countermagic or probably a Necropotence. Actually, taking another look at the deck, you really lack card draw. Cantrips like Brainstorm, Preordain, Ponder or even Opt should help you smooth out your draws; you probably could also do with cutting one land, down to 37.
3 weeks ago
Despite its high mana cost, I've had pretty decent returns from Dawn's Reflection. While it sets me back one turn though, it's cost is more manageable if I cast when 5 lands are on the field, as I can use the two additional mana automatically), the colour fixing (allowing three different colours from one land), provides great flexibility and makes casting Karona a lot quicker. Verdant Haven helps to a lesser extent with the ramp/fixing, though not as effectively as I would like. I like the idea of subbing it for untap effects, and will try that some.
I forgot Imprisoned in the Moon was a card, and will be adding it.
I am reluctant to take out any lands. While most of the deck is focused on lower-curved creatures, the commander effectively costs 9 mana to cast. I have tried to run the deck with 1-2 fewer lands, and ultimately had difficulties safely playing my commander.
3 weeks ago
I'd try taking out Dawn's Reflection and Verdant Haven because they seem pretty slow. I understand you're running them because this is an enchantment deck, but that doesn't give you an excuse to run just any crappy enchantment in the game. I'd try and run more efficient ramp and maybe some creatures that untap lands like Voyaging Satyr or Kiora's Follower
Otherwise, try taking out a land or two. Your curve doesn't seem to be very high and you might be able to get away with it
3 weeks ago
I don't see why Mindcrank and a few other cards are in there if you aren't planning on milling people down, from your description it seems like thats not what you're going for, if you are, Traumatize. But I'd recommend sticking with lifedrain and good old fashion beating people over the head with lots of zombies. Phenax, God of Deception is cool, but don't try to do that and lifedrain zombies.
Look at Dralnu, Lich Lord because its amazing, same goes for Semblance Anvil, Possessed Skaab, Call to the Kindred, Ever After and Lim-Dul's Vault is broken. Obelisk of Urd is a tribal deck's best friend.
There are better wipes for this deck than Coastal Breach and you are a bit low on removal. Malicious Affliction and Dash Hopes are very good and fun. Get rid of Imprisoned in the Moon. Another thing you can do for removal is use Fleshbag Marauder, have it sac itself, then cast it from the graveyard. Stronghold Assassin too. Cauldron of Souls Can help you dodge board wipes and is a cool card to have. Perplex is fun too. And Mimic Vat
Arcane Adaptation is neat but there are much better cards that you can use. Black Market isn't as good as it seems because your mana empties before you can use it for anything good most of the time. Empty the Pits is very expensive, but if you can make it work, do it.
Your nonbasic lands are also really slow and you may need more lands in general, 36ish is about where you want to be. Look at Choked Estuary and Command Tower or cards that lower costs like Jet Medallion.
I know I've suggested to add a lot more cards than I suggested to take out, and I've never really even tried to give deck advice before, but I hope I at least gave you some ideas.