|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Faerie Rogue
Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)
When Quickling enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you return another creature you control to its owner's hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 week ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
1 week ago
Animar gets a lot of hate, and for good reason. Surrak is better for a fun deck in Temur, my 2c.
I think you're a little land heavy, I'd cut a couple and add either more ramp sorceries or artifacts. I always shoot for 36-18 lands, and 8-10 ramp spells.
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
I had quite a long breakdown typed up but the site ate it. In hindsight, this should be more comprehenisble.
Long story short, Monocolour will be cheapest and most stable. I'll steer you away from control, as in control you tend to see a lot of the deck, which means that any 'weak link' cards show up and lose you games, combined with control's bad place in the meta its not super efficient.
Budget Plow Under/Acidic Slime/Brutalizer Exarch is great if you have access to ramp and don't mind your opponnents hating you, Teir 1 Landloss' reliance on Blood Moon does mean you'll need a heavy variant. U fearie tempo is playable- Quickling and Spellstutter Sprite with Familiar's Ruse and cheaper etb, as well as some shenanigans with Pestermite/Deceiver Exarch. The key cards that make full faeries good and controlly, Cryptic Command and Vendilion Clique are pricy as all hell though, meaning your deck will have to fit into a different neiche, likely tempo. I'll reccomend mono red 'just spam hasty creatures' for aggro, or Hunted Horror(for leyline) with a mono black list for midrange. Duress covers for a lot of gaps. Boggles is tricky as the value is spread across a lot of cards. A similar setup running heroic triggers and fragile but strong/growing creatures with Vines of Vastwood/Blossoming Defense/Heroic Intervention will likely be your best bet. Ajani's Pridemate/Voracious Wurm/It That Rides as One Flip type cards. It will be slower as you'll need the mana for protection, so bear that in mind.
Silhana Ledgewalker/Gladecover Scout/Slippery Bogle/Invisible Stalker is pretty cheap, the trick is making them pump out the damage without the dumb enchantments or the protection of totem armour. You might manage that with a dumb interaction like Dictate of the Twin Gods, or just counterspells and Banshee's Blade type threat growing.
I enjoy building decks more than I enjoy playing, honestly, so If you let me know what sort of deck you want to emulate, I'll see what I can dredge up to support it. If you can figure out 3-4 cards you want to play every game, thats most of the deck already there.
2 months ago
Play Cultivator of Blades as another Wild Beastmaster that triggers Ezuri three times making servos. Try Spawnwrite as a great trampler that can trigger Ezuri exponentially with his copies of copies. My Ezuri, CoP deck, is very quick and I run a "Commander Protection Package" with more Plaxmanta-like creatures creatures such as Quickling and Void Grafter, as well as morph creatures like Stratus Dancer and Willbender and shroud granters like Hisoka's Guard and Sylvan Safekeeper and Heroic Intervention, which is a great spell that counters a board wipe for just you. My curve is very low and if I can get Ezuri in play and untap, the whole table is in trouble unless they work together to kill me. Oh, try Foundry of the Consuls or Spawning Bed instead of Faerie Conclave to get big triggers on Ezuri and more creatures to grow with counters (I play both). Oh, if you can't get a Doubling Season try Inexorable Tide in it's place. If you play enough "proliferate," add Skyship Plunderer and the depletion lands from Marcadian Masques Hickory Woodlot and Saprazzan Skerry. Anyway, good luck. Swell the Host is one of the better pre-constructs to enhance. It can be enhanced pretty cheaply.
2 months ago
Correction - Timely Hordemate does indeed have targets, but it's very few:
Still probably worth culling for something like Odric, Lunarch Marshal
2 months ago
Thanks for the input!
I had been thinking about adding back another Pestermite but I was thinking of dropping a Quickling for it instead. Quicklings are good when there are creatures to bounce but are unplayable when my board is empty.
I've been happy with 3 but maybe 2 Favorable Winds is fine. I definitely don't want to cut more than that. A problem with this deck is that there isn't enough power in the 1/1s to close out a game fast. Sure, I can play the controlling game but its just a matter of time before there just aren't enough counterspells to hold an opponent's (often much larger) threats back.
The Ninja of the Deep Hours suggestion seems to be a common one. It just seems to me that it's only good enough for 1 sneaky draw and afterwards its pretty easy to block/kill. Maybe that's just enough reason to add it in. I've never played with it so I'm just going off pure speculation (shame on me). Also I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to making my Tribal decks so I've tried to keep it all Faeries so far. I guess if lots of people have success with it then it may be time for me to test it out :)
Where would you make a cut for some Ninjas? I hesitate to take anything out because I've been pretty happy with the overall composition. Yes, I've been told that Zephyr Sprites aren't great but I like to have them for a Turn 1 play (if I don't have Miscreant) with the option to hold up Spellstutter Sprite to catch a 2-mana spell instead of 1-mana one on Turn 2. Or drop a Turn 2 Quickling for a bit more early damage or blocking if necessary. It can even just be an extra Faerie to Champion or bounce so we can avoid an opponent's attempt to 2-for-1 me on resolving a Mistbind Clique or Quickling later in the game. Even so, they appear to be the most obvious place to begin making cuts
2 months ago
ghoul_Legion thanks for your tips. I did the alterations that you suggested. So I changed Tragic Slip for Fatal Push. It's more expensive but it worths it. Maybe use 2x Quickling to help on Fatal Push's effect?