|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Whenever a spell or ability an opponent controls destroys a noncreature permanent you control, you may destroy target permanent that opponent controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Karmic Justice Discussion
1 week ago
My deck performed pretty well tonight, but the combined power of enchantment-based destruction and counterspells was ultimately my undoing. Even with two effective card-draw engines, I really wish I had Wheel of Fortune at that point in the game, but maybe that's just desperation talking. Had I mulliganed more aggressively like you suggested, I probably would have won. I definitely avenged my loss from the previous game, just like this deck was designed to do.
I don't know that I encountered a point where Stony Silence or Null Rod would have been useful, and Torpor Orb would have been beneficial in one game and against one player in particular. Don't get me wrong: they're great cards: they just wouldn't have had much relevance.
Thalia, Heretic Cathar is great for its low cmc cost and its effect: any other creature-based prison effects you'd recommend off the top of your head?
Possibility Storm is kinda high in terms of its cmc cost, and Choke is somewhat narrow, but I'm running out of low-cost stax options that don't adversely affect my general, so I might have to risk including the latter, even if it ultimately ends up being a dead card. The rest are definitely viable options: I might have to re-think my cmc limit, but I do agree with your philosophy of being oppressive with prison cards, as opposed to just surviving with pillow fort cards.
What do you think of Mana Web, Mystic Barrier, Crackdown, Karmic Justice, Impending Disaster and Smoke? Not great cards, and I know Mystic Barrier isn't cheap, but it would probably keep me from losing. I don't know. lol Just saw 'em in my notebook, and they seemed somewhat functional.
Thinking of squeezing Contested Cliffs in there: it really would have been useful tonight.
So would you recommend the inclusion of roughly 7 removal cards and 7 stax cards? I typically consider wrath effects to be removal.
1 week ago
WE NOW HAVE AN FAQ
- Fixed broken links.
I'm trying to make the following changes, but I'm getting ornithopers whenever try to make an edit that adds a decklist. Not sure what's causing that.
For now I'm just going to pretend like this isn't happening and carry on down here.
ajacobik, Ok, I checked out the Erebos list here you said you were talking out (T/O link here: [Primer] [Competitive] Erebos, God of Mana), and for fuck sake, that list is not optimized at all. The curve is WAY too high, there's not nearly enough ramp, and it's using bloated and unnecessary win conditions. I can see Erebos moving up to T3, but you got to provide a better example of a cEDH decklist, because that is not it.
HarroHunter, You're welcome.
On another note, would you like to make the example list for Savra that I was talking about? I can make it based on your Hapetra list if you don't want to, but I thought I should give you first chance on making the list.
Lilbrudder, Now that you've updated your Sidisi, Brood Tyrant deck to include Protean Hulk and have a primer, do you still think Voidia's list should be the one in the description? Your's seems like the better deck to me at this point, and I can put it back if you want.
I'm also going to put your Thrasios / Vial Smasher list up on List of Partner Pairs by Tier.
The Ixlan spoilers keep coming:
- Gishark, Sun's Avatar is hugely overcosted Naya dinosaur tribal. T5. (If that actually is a 3 in it's mana cost it might be better.)
- Admiral Beckett Brass, Grixis pirate tribal. The stealing effect could actually be pretty neat control if satisfying the 3 pirate requirement isn't too much trouble. I'll reserve judgement.
- Kopala, Warden of Waves, Blue merfolk tribal. A mild tax that only effects your opponents' removal isn't really that great. T4.
- Mynea Frian, Dark Apostle... Mono-White vampires. That's cool I guess. Unfortunately it takes the tribe 100% out of it's preexisting card pool. T5.
Some other things I think are useful:
- Sorcerous Spyglass, new Pithing Needle crossed with GitProbe.
- Arcane Adaptation, Blue Conspiracy in blue, could push decks going for creature-type based combos.
- Tocaf's Honor Guard, Yet another Torpor Orb.
- Evaporating Melody a second Dominate for Mizzix.
- Revel in Riches, The alternate win con isn't likely to be relevant in cEDH, but turning all your opponents' dead creatures into Lotus Petals is pretty good at 2 mana.
- Shaper's Sanctuary Creature based green decks might like this to recoup cards. The fact that it includes abilities makes much more likely to draw for you than Karmic Justice. Also plays really well with Spellskite.
- Deadeye Tracker, This one's kind of interesting. Cheap gravehate that filters lands and can fill your yard. Reminds me of Deathrite Shaman a little. Might be worth it in Karador or something.
- Sunbird's Invocation, I'm not sure if this is 5R or 3R. If it's 5 it's trash, but at 4 cmc it might make it into some storm lists.
All in all I'm picking up a really strong tribal vibe from these leaks. Commander 2017 is also going to be tribal, so we might get some nice synergies between the 2 sets.
3 weeks ago
Braid of Fire is almost worthless as this deck stands now. Very few red instants and no red pumpable creatures/abilities. I'd also drop two Plains, Boros Battleshaper and Boros Guildmage. I've never really liked Karmic Justice either.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Some cards that make people stop hitting you.
Then there are some political cards.
1 month ago
Crazy awesome deck. I don't know much about playing stax, but this looks oppressive. My concern looking at it would be that with a lot of cheap spells and a commander who makes them cheaper, wouldn't you want more card draw to keep you rolling through the deck?
1 month ago
carpecanum great idea to replace the Karmic Justice with a protection card. The replacement card I used was Mikaeus, the Unhallowed as I was thinking that a permanent would be better. What are your thoughts, would instant indestructible be better than Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Cauldron of Souls?
1 month ago
Heroic Intervention or Wrap in Vigor could help protect vs other people's board wipes. Not sure what usually gets played with your group but I personally would get a lot more value out of preventing a creature wipe than with a card like Karmic Justice