|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a spell or ability an opponent controls destroys a noncreature permanent you control, you may destroy target permanent that opponent controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||jhTheMan99 , voidruby , Dr_Jay , Gabeph , mziter501 , MattN7498 , PTsmitty , CampbellStev , Justinaut|
|Want (4)||pskinn01 , xpsychovampx , samuelianstorm , Malachy_|
Karmic Justice Discussion
3 days ago
Another tutor option if you randomly need it could be Academy Rector, but without a reliable way to get him off like Animal Boneyard, probably not worth the time. There's also Time of Need and Chord of Calling.
Land Tax is great for ramp, though I'm sure it's already been recommended. Primal Growth is also an option, as is Traverse the Ulvenwald
Spectra Ward is nice, though the cost is probably prohibitive for this deck. Speaking of costs, Herald of the Pantheon could help, though the build wouldn't leverage it that well. If against high defense that Sigarda can't break, Bonds of Mortality could be another option besides the exile you already run.
If against high destruction, there's always Karmic Justice, but that probably will never be necessary in duel. Another possible bit of extra insurance, is Greater Auramancy. I know you mentioned countering as a concern. Prowling Serpopard might be a good response.
Only other thing that comes to mind is Nature's Will
Really nice deck!
1 week ago
A couple of options to consider:
- Blind Obedience is really good in multiplayer. Daxos tends to take a bit to get off the ground, so slowing down your opponents and being able to stack up some extra life can be really valuable. -
- You have a lot of ways to spend mana other than spells, so Eidolon of Rhetoric and/or Rule of Law can really help you outvalue your opponents.
- You might consider one more way to protect Daxos. Flickering Ward could be a good option, especially with Serra's Sanctum to generate tons of white mana.
- I like Cessation / Cage of Hands as options for shutting down enemy commanders. Since Daxos tends to go long, removals are actually a bit weak for commander control.
- Skybind is one of my favorite Daxos tech cards. Both Daxos and Heliod can make enchantments at instant speed, which allows Skybind to act as more or less a repeatable Maze of Ith.
In terms of possible cuts:
- Athreos seems marginal. The deck is creature light and people will happily pay for anything that's actually relevant enough.
- It doesn't look like you have a lot of ways to abuse Faith's Reward. It'd really require the right set of circumstances to give 4 mana in value.
- You have a lot of ways to spend life, but not a lot of ways to recoup it. Corpse Augur is probably your least good way of spending life for cards and can probably safely go.
- Citadel Siege is a possibility. It locks down some problem cards, but maybe it could go if you went for something like Cage or Skybind?
- Diabolic Revelation may not end up being amazing. I find that Daxos almost always has something to do with mana, so expensive tutors (even if they can get multiple cards) can end up being somewhat dead. It may be good, but I'd recommend keeping an eye on it.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
cornpie987387 Took your advice on Luminarch Ascension, Supreme Verdict, and Karmic Justice but I'm going to keep Cloud Cover only because if my Illusionist's Bracers or Rings of Brighthearth are going to be destroyed it will ruin my combo potential if I don't have a way to bring them back to my hand but I think it would be a good idea to get a Rite of Replication in there one way or another.
2 weeks ago
Swap Cloud Cover for Karmic Justice. They will still target your stuff if they know it will return to your hand. That way there is a little bit of cover there. I would take Cryptoplasm out. He gets targeted immediately in commander games. Consider another copy spell like Fated Infatuation instead. Seeing you already have Fated Infatuation use Rite of Replication.
I don't like Wrath of God you are running blue, white so use a Supreme Verdict!! If you don't like Supreme Verdict go for a Terminus instead. Wrath of God prevents regeneration but cannot destroy indestructible creatures. Terminus, gets rid of both and can possibly be played for a single mana.
If you need any more advice feel free to ask!
3 weeks ago
if u want more protection Scalelord Reckoner which came in the precon is great, its like a Karmic Justice. also, i found (by playing my dragons deck) boardwipes wreck face, so Marshal's Anthem is kind of amazing if u have enough white mana.
1 month ago
Phyrexian... Idk I guess infect may be something worth looking into. But honestly certain voltron commanders are really awesome for kitchen table.Uril, the Miststalker is fun and some fantastic colors for aura-based voltron. he can even get an enchantress draw engine that really gets things going, with vigilance trample and haste being very available to him.
Sigarda, Host of Herons is by-far one of the better Voltron options due to the innate issue with most voltron decks is that group sacrifice and targeted sacrifice are the bane of your existence
Sram, Senior Edificer is a great one. White has some of the best auras and equipment support. He's cheap to play (and bring back) and is an engine on his own, drawing cards just for trying to do what you're gonna do anyway. Not to mention, your mana base is SUPER easy on your budget.
Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest is one of the most explosive decks out there. having a pump and control base is extremely strong as long as you grab card draw to keep him going, he's quite the powerhouse. Just Distortion Strike + Titan's Strength and you have 18 unblockable damage launching at someone. That was 2 cards you played and 4 mana used. (if he's already on the field) There is a reason some people call him "One Punch Man"
Now if you want the obvious ones, here they are...
Rafiq of the Many is the grand daddy of Voltron as a strategy. Using his own ability to buff himself then having some really solid aura and artifact support. Though, he's got a reputation as a huge powerhouse making you the target almost always.
Narset, Enlightened Master You want to do all the things all the time once your commander hits the field? Narset is pretty much just swing to do what ever the fuck you want. The downside is that you will either use no other creatures, or almost none. She's downright broken, but has so many options open to her. So you could make her a "take so many turns until your opponents die of old age" or "lets make a weird artifact canon cause I can" to "lets play a storm deck" her power and threat level is entirely based on what you intend to do and how you build/imagine the deck.
Finally Zur the Enchanter more like "Zur who gives cancer". this guy most of the time is an enchantment based control deck. where your opponents do nothing while you tutor for any and everything you might need. This guy is super powerful and is banned in 1v1 for a lot of reasons. Just imagine a tutor on a stick to some of the most powerful enchantments. Ethereal Armor, Imprisoned in the Moon, Darksteel Mutation, Karmic Justice, Authority of the Consuls, Phyresis, Stasis, Land Tax Nevermore, Rest in Peace, Propaganda, Solemnity, even Necropotence. Any of these can just be grabbed if needed to answer any threat. while you either kill with commander dmg or stall into a combo. The deck is very rarely not gonna do what it intends to do.
These are some of the better voltron commanders. Personally if you want to use a commander from the Phyrexian blocks.
Urabrask the Hidden can do it.
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is expensive but a for a reason.
Thrun, the Last Troll is from new phyrexia I'm pretty sure. very safe and regenerate saves auras from falling off of him, makes him a solid pick.
1 month ago
Get rid of Crawlspace, Solitary Confinement (more Ivory Mask,) Wall of Denial, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV (replace him with faster land,) and Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer and implement Sphere of Safety, more Propaganda, Oblivion Ring, Karmic Justice, Monastery Siege and the like?
I'll branch this copy and show you what I mean.