Land — Mountain
(Tap: Add (Red) to your mana pool.)
Madblind Mountain enters the battlefield tapped.
(Red), Tap: Shuffle your library. Play this ability only if you control two or more red permanents.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Madblind Mountain Discussion
1 month ago
For competitive play, sideboard 4 copies of Madblind Mountain. You can't lose now.
2 months ago
Goblin War Drums is a great card that's on flavor with your deck and his hard to deal with for most opponents. Also, Madblind Mountain might be a good addition to add some shuffle effects of you're have bad draws. I'd cut Battle Squadron due to its higher CMC and Blasphemous Act because it'll wipe your board and you seem to be able to generate tokens fairly quickly.
2 months ago
Saw the link on /tg/, figured I would provide some feedback. Admittedly, this kind of deck is out of my element (I don't play combo) so I wouldn't take whatever suggestions provided as absolutely necessary changes.
Individual Card Suggestions
Card draw/Tutor/Cheating things into play:
Haste enablers (since I'm big on haste):
Cards I Would Remove
- Gauntlet of Might - I don't see the immediate benefit of this card, and disagree with the price. I think this card could be swapped out with something that doesn't also benefit any opponent's red creatures (like Caged Sun).
- Gilded Lotus - It is odd to see this in a monocolored deck.
- Commander's Sphere - Also odd seeing this in a monocolored deck, but the card draw option is nice.
- Skullclamp - Not a lot of options to get the card draw effect, from what I'm seeing.
- Karn Liberated - Karn is a little too durdly. Maybe swap with Ugin, the Spirit Dragon given the focus on colorless permanents.
- Bloodstained Mire and Wooded Foothills - I don't see why you would need to fetch for a Mountain or Madblind Mountain.
- Smoldering Crater and Forgotten Cave - I understand the need to draw a card, but these may be better replaced by standard Mountains.
- Kher Keep - Get an 0/1 blocker, I guess? Would swap out for Temple of the False God.
- Warp World - Necessary for chaos decks, but this doesn't look like a chaos deck.
Hopefully I provided some beneficial suggestions. Good luck with the deck!
3 months ago
I swapped out Madblind Mountain for Inspiring Vantage, and Ancient Ziggurat for Mana Confluence. Wither is pretty fun, the playgroup I have usually runs indestrucible gods Athreos, God of Passage, Zurgo Helmsmasher, and anything that gets pumped from +1/+1 counters. Not that Zurgo does too much against me. I will probably pull out the other SHM Lands that aren't too useful.
4 months ago
Madblind Mountain in case you don't trust that you'll draw a mountain? Since no one will want to block your goblins it'll be easy to keep 2 red permanents in play.
4 months ago
5 months ago
Vandyel: I've considered both it and Madblind Mountain (to work with Scroll Rack). I am skittish of including another land that ETBs tapped if it only works with a single card in the deck...has it worked well for you?
6 months ago
In mono-red your draw options are limited. Memory Jar is a fantastic way to dig deeper for combo pieces or for cards that will find them for you.
Phyrexian Altar is a very good sac outlet and I've had good results with it. For mana rocks... don't know what your budget is but Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Mox Diamond, Lotus Petal and Chrome Mox give good results. Fire Diamond and Coldsteel Heart are fine, too. Mind Stone, for sure. I can suggest other rocks based on your budget.
Reforge the Soul goes in here, too!
Goblin Wizard, Goblin Gardener, Goblin Settler and Tuktuk Scrapper are good, but mana-intensive. They feel too slow. I've been unimpressed with the Wizard. If you want a pricy creature try Godo, Bandit Warlord to get combo pieces.
Feldon of the Third Path is an interesting idea, but I think he's a bit too cute. Same with Sensation Gorger,, Goblin Welder and Stingscourger. Expedition Map can go too, since you'll have more ramp. Shivan Harvest feels unnecessary with all the land hate in here already.
You should consider whether you want to focus more on combo than aggro. I've done so, which is why I do not run Coat of Arms, Goblin King, Legion Loyalist or Bloodmark Mentor; I make so many goblins that they're fine as vanilla 1/1s. Something to consider.
My list for comparison: Like a Boss!.