|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Golem
Nonartifact spells cost more to cast.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||Vasbear1 , , philktoken8998 , ironax , 2austin5 , Va1mar , miracle , rockleemyhero , MoJoMiXuP , , mcstang1986 , Ashy , tragic_slip , ChrisH , switchkill65 , prete182 , Paradise_Collectibles , jrschnoebelen , Friedrice24 , aeonstoremyliver , buildingadeck , TheRealPeaches , Justinaut|
Lodestone Golem Discussion
5 days ago
I think a big problem with control is the multiplayer aspect of EDH. impossible to counter everything from 3 players, and trying makes you the target. I'd go with stax, what GAAIV already does.
Stax: Chancellor of the Annex,Spelltithe Enforcer, Kataki, War's Wage, Overburden, Meekstone, Lodestone Golem, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Fatespinner, Windborn Muse, Magus of the Tabernacle, Magus of the Moat, Trinisphere, Suppression Field, Pendrell Mists
Even if you don't go into the stax strategy hardcore, a lot of these might still be useful for you. Good luck!
3 weeks ago
This deck is very slow. An easy way to speed to up is to add some of the 2 CMC mana rocks, add all of the talismans and signets you can. Take out all your tap lands, put in Tezzeret the Seeker take out the other planeswaker. Add in all of the one mana blue cantrips. Put in more mana rocks and drop to like sub 35 lands. Your deck seems incapable in playing multiple cards a turn, most of the problem will come from your big creatures. Creatures don't actually do that much in EDH, all your creatures except, Etherium Sculptor Grand Architect Junk Diver Lodestone Golem Master Transmuter Metalworker Myr Retriever Phyrexian Metamorph Spellskite Vedalken Engineer Walking Ballista, I realize that some of your cards are 2 card combos but your deck will become much more consistent if you take out like all of your creatures and just focus on one or two combos to go for. Most of your creatures are there only to hit face if that is the point of your deck then that's ok but that isn't the best way to win in edh at least not for the colors you have.
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
LVL_666 I suppose I'm not really using stax in the normal sense. The only "stax" pieces are Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos and the Bros abilities. I do think things like Smokestack and Lodestone Golem could have a place to slow down my opponents. But yeah that tag might be a little misleading.
Hope that clarifies things!
3 months ago
Okay, brace yourself. I'm going all out.
- P.S. Sorry that my inner spike ignores price...
Cards to Cut: Show
- You don't need two 8 drops. She doesn't give global support like Avacyn, and Avy is your commander so she's already better. I say choose one (and we all know which 8 drop you should keep).
- I get the value of Shepherd, but it comes down to the same thing. You should only have one 7 drop. Pick one.
- Both are good. Just cut one. This will help curve out better and play more aggressively.
- So this card is okay, but not as good as it looks at a glance. The player has to draw 2+ cards at once, or in a similar fashion. Collector's replacement effect does not apply if a player cantrips after their draw step, or something of that sort.
- Life is not that important. Really. I get that he blocks, but Jubilation or Tithes can block too and they are overall better cards for a Staxy build.
- Great, great card. Super Stax. Only issue, is you need to have your artifacts. Tabernacleing your artifacts hurts you significantly worse than your opponents.
Maybe Mother of Runes
I know you love her, but really she doesn't contribute to the Stax theme. She "helps" curve, but I think we can do better here.
- This hurts you equally or more so than opponents. Yeah, this shuts down aggro token decks, but you need to swing with your fat fatties. The goal of this deck is to lock everybody in the game down, but giving yourself a slight advantage to get big creatures out to swing with.
- This is essentially a worse version of Aurification.
- Really this doesn't do that much. It could, but it's not worth it. A mana rock would be a better slot in, really.
This absolutely needs to go. This literally destroys everything that you set up from turn 1-10. It is such a nonbo that there is no real justifiable reason or "synergy" to include this card.
I get that this can grab any land, but it really is a waste of a turn. A lock hurts your opponents and gives you an advantage that is similar to ramp, but also makes you more and more likely to win the game. Serra's Sanctum doesn't win you the game. Make sense?
- Pseudo Stax because of the exile effect, but really I still don't think you need this. I cannot stress enough how you will always have the better and stronger creatures, so 6 mana to equip this for such a small ability isn't worth it, in my opinion.
- Cool, you get to draw some cards, but you help everyone else too!? No! This is the opposite of what you want to do. Deprive, deprive, deprive. You will have the upper hand enough that this meager card draw is irrelevant.
- This or Weathered Wayfarer needs to go. Reason being is that they counteract each other. You can keep both if you think you can play around it, but really I don't think it would hurt to let go of one or the other. Your call.
- Im sorry man, but this card is not very good. I can show you so many lands that would be better. Scrap this one.
- Really, games won't go on so long that you will have to recast Avy enough times to worry about this. Plains would just be better.
- I know this has a decent ceiling, but there will be games where you have 10 lands out and still don't get this trigger.
- This is a good card, but really I don't think it will be all that relevant. Your call, but a basic would be just as good, really.
- Really I don't know what this does for the deck, besides coming in tapped. Not trying to harp, but I don't see you using this ability hardly at all.
- This card is sooooo baaaad. It's very overrated, and it's too slow. You want to just outrun your opponents long enough until they trip. This makes you trip and your opponents catch up.
This is up to you. It can whiff hard, even more than Sky Ruin. Especially with the land destruction in the deck. I say pass on this, and I'll find you a better but similar replacement.
Cards to Add: Show
With all the artifacts you should be running, this card is great. Even without a ton of artifacts, this just tells your opponents "no".
- You might want to get rid of Ghostway, but this is great. It shuts down flicker/blink decks, shuts down Worldgorger Dragon combo, and so much more. All of my goblin cheaters, everything. This is a good card.
- Winter Orb on a creature. This should go in (all of this land hate will make sense in a little bit).
- Basically Pithing Needle on a critter. Both of those are almost as good as Nevermore, but cheaper. So they balance out.
Maybe Sanctum Prelate
- Almost Trinisphere. Again, both of those are good.
- Needs. More. Thalia.
Good graveyard hate. It does have the chance to nonbo with Emeria and maybe some others, but again, you control when to cast things. Also, you can play RIP years before Emeria. So think about what can get you more use: A card that sticks around for 8 turns, or one that sticks around for a few?
- Good combo card with RIP. I know you think it's confusing, but all it says when paired with RIP is, ", : Mill all cards in target opponent's library."
- Great taxers. You should have enough artifact ramp to negate this effect.
- This might be better than, equal, or mutually good compared to Quicksilver Amulet. Lower CMC, easier to get benefit from, but takes time to set up. This is up to you, but it is not mana intensive, meaning you can lock up the board and play stuff for free each turn. Thats huge.
- You know tons of cards to name with this card. Lands, booger creatures, etc. Plus, if you see your opponent has their commander with an activated ability, name that!
Maybe Grafdigger's Cage
- This is more graveyard hate, but really might just be a worse card than RIP. Both might be good, but really this is just a suggestion for you to see at the very least.
- Might as well deter your opponents from attacking you as much as possible. This is not a great card, but paired with all of your locks and Prison effects it nearly stops your cold.
- Hurts your opponents for playing without any repercussions on your behalf. This wrecks against mono-colored or when paired with Winter Orb
- Both this and Hokori, Dust Drinker. You will see why lands dont matter as much in this deck.
- Maybe also the moxen (Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Mox Opal) because theyre free ramp
- These all are abusable mana rocks. They generate tons of mana, bypass all of the taxers you set up, and can let you get Avy, or really any of your high drops, out super early.
- I think this is a must. This lets you reuse any mana rock that generates more than 1 mana.
This is a little gimmicky, but it can turn off Winter Orb and the likes, plus it lets you reuse mana rocks again. If it had a little lower CMC then this would be an auto-include.
Remember when I said that I would suggest a better Temple of the False God? Well, here ya go. Right out of the gate it works. Yes, sac it if you play a land, but the tempo this skips you ahead is justifiable without a doubt.
- Dude, come on. Run this. Hell, maybe even run Wasteland.
This is not all that great, but after an Armageddon you get an extra body, and every bit of a lead you get makes it harder and harder for your opponents to win.
3 months ago
Hello Emzed! I will start saying this was a version i used in a tournament at my LGS, so i tailored it for my meta ( and some card were still in the mail :P )
Now, on card suggested:Seedborn Muse it's a card i want to get and include, she speed up yisan a lot and don't need us to get an infinite mana combo, because she will generate enough utility alone. Definitely an include.
Woodland Bellower I'm always switching him in and out, depending on meta, super useful especially if you need to go 1 vs 3, but at this tournament i decided to leave him out and go purely on speed.
Regal Force I stopped using it, it draw a ton of card but for me Elvish Visionary has been enough ( with help from Temur Sabertooth ) and decided to sub it with Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury, for now she's been very good, especially cause i can use her as a naturalize in a pinch.
Phyrexian Revoker is a card that i definitely want to include. Too useful to have a stax target at 2.
Lodestone Golem I don't really like it in Yisan, it enter too late and if Yisan is fetching at 4 i usually have other priorities before stax piece.
Mouth of Ronom not included as for now i don't have snow land :P
Ulvenwald Tracker still have to test it, since i never felt the need to fetch for him, but definitely a card to keep in consideration, especially as an answer for local meta.
Lignify i can see the benefit of having a 3rd Beast Within/Song of the Dryads, but in this list I tried to go all out with the speed for the combo, and never found a use for song of the dryad neither, cause only some specific artefact can come down fast enough to hate us, the rest of the deck are either slower than us, or if faster like storm or tazri food chain, to nominate a few, they need other hate piece other than lignify, like the thorn effect.
Just my vision on yisan! :)
3 months ago
Seedborn Muse goes bonkers with Yisan, Woodland Bellower is a great tool for assembling combos, and Regal Force can be very valuable when you're forced to play a fair game. Did you consciously exclude those cards or are they not on your radar?
Since you have a good suite of stax cards, I suggest adding Phyrexian Revoker and Lodestone Golem too. Finding one of those when needed can be great for the stax plan.
Currently your list is a little light on creature removal. Cards like Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Aven Mindcensor or Containment Priest can be huge problems, and having an answer is crucial. Mouth of Ronom, while not exactly efficient, can be found via land tutors. Ulvenwald Tracker is cheap enough that you might be able to grab it with Yisan in time to deal with the hate. Lignify can shut down opposing commanders for a while.