|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Sphere of Safety
Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays X for each of those creatures, where X is the number of enchantments you control.
|Have (4)||PTsmitty , Cosmonautilis , metalmagic , CampbellStev|
|Want (9)||GoodnorEvil , redsky87 , marrrr , scotteiro , yewminyst81 , MTG_Optometry , GabenLagann , Arn_Schwarzwasser , NocturnalEmission|
Sphere of Safety Discussion
1 day ago
I tested this against a Burn deck, as I thought that would be the most challenging for it.
I think 21 lands is too few. I know you have Enchantments that let you get two for the price of one, but these don't hit the field until Turn 3.
Many times I was waiting for one more land to drop, and getting a good opening hand without having to Mulligan was impossible.
Super Aggro decks go with 21 lands. This is a mid to late range deck, as its core mechanic takes time to build up. I would run 23 lands at least, but if this were my deck I would run 24.
If Nyx-Fleece Ram doesn't hit the field by Turn 2, this has no early game.
A bunch of 2/2s (that you don't really want to chump block with) can't hold off 2/3s for very long.
In a Burn deck the problem becomes worse, as spells that can kill a Creature by spending one are plentiful.
That's if you can even cast any Creatures by Turn 2, once again lack of land means you often can't.
Something like Sylvan Advocate may help to stall a little, and gets a boost later in the game.
Yes, it comes down one turn later, but the effect of preventing the Opponent from casting the same spell again is more than worth it.
This would have been especially good against Burn, as few of your Creatures stayed on the field.
That would save some of your Creatures, give the opportunity to get rid of big Opponent threats, and also pump for lethal.
Declaration in Stone is also good. You'll have to play around to see what works the best.
As far as which cards you might cut - you have way too many 4 ofs. I see this in a lot of decks. Although it might seem to make a deck more consistent, it actually has the opposite effect. Due to all cards wanting prime place at the table, none of them have it.
In my opinion, these could be cut back to 3:
That's my take on things. Be aware that sometimes decks play differently on paper than in the TappedOut playtester.
This is particularly pertinent for lands, which often show up with more regularity.
Hope that helps.
on Life Lost v2
3 days ago
I would add the three talismans for your colours-- Talisman of Progress , Talisman of Dominance , and Talisman of Hierarchy . More ramp can never hurt, particularly since some of your combo pieces are a bit expensive to cast.
also made some good suggestions-- Sanguine Bond is a good redundancy for your combo, and, as an enchantment, is less likely to be removed. However, I do take issue with some of the other suggestions--the discard enchantments are mediocre unless your deck is designed to abuse them (i.e. Nekusar, the Mindrazer ) and they'd likely end up being dead cards most of the time with your build. Aminatou, the Fateshifter and Felidar Guardian is a cute combo, but also requires you to draw into a third combo piece. None of those three cards have great synergy with your deck overall, thus making them rather mediocre draws outside a combo win (whereas your other combo still has decent synergy with other elements of your deck, allowing them to further your victory even if you cannot combo off).
I would cut the following:
Dictate of Kruphix - I find cards like this are quite bad in multiplayer. Sure, they give you an extra card per turn; but they also give each of your opponents an extra card. So, in a four-player game, that means you get one card; your collective opponents get three. As such, you're increasing the chances someone will draw into their way of stopping you more than increasing your chances of winning.
Sphere of Safety - I do not think you have the critical mass of enchantments necessary to really make this worth five mana. If you need another prison, consider Norn's Annex or Ghostly Prison instead.
3 days ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
1 week ago
1 week ago
Cards to cut: Blessing of the Nephilim , Scourge of the Nobilis , Faith Unbroken , Eidolon of Countless Battles , Xenagos, God of Revels are all great cards, but not the best option for Uril. Uril already pumps himself, and protects himself, so the only thing he needs is evasion. Trample, protection, unblockable, flying, and anything similar. I do like Ancestral Mask and All That Glitters because they're cheap for what they do.
Suggestions: Unquestioned Authority , Sterling Grove , Sphere of Safety . Protection is very valuable. So is shroud for enchantments that doubles as a tutor. It's nice to have a pillow fort so you won't be attacked for having few creatures out, too.
2 weeks ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Worship , Plea for Guidance , Mesa Enchantress , Axis of Mortality , Magus of the Mirror , Soul Conduit , Repay in Kind , Sphere of Safety , Wall of Blood , Necrologia , Damnable Pact , Promise of Power , Moonlight Bargain , Ancient Craving , Ambition's Cost
3 weeks ago
Frozen AEther has very little synergy with the rest of the deck
Greater Auramancy the card is good and great enchantment protection but it is not needed here
Burnished Hart maybe, good ramp for your colors, but is just a maybe
Solemn Simulacrum very good, but I think you can have a better card in the spot, no real way to abuse/recure him
1 month ago
Sphere of Safety occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
GWU (Bant): 0.84%