Creature — Faerie Rogue
Whenever Nightveil Sprite attacks, surveil 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card into your graveyard.)
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nightveil Sprite occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.09%
Nightveil Sprite Discussion
1 day ago
1 month ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
3 months ago
I think this deck can do ok against modern decks, but your current budget restrictions (i see you’re also missing Serum Visions ) will hurt, and will make winning reliably a lot harder.
4 months ago
I'm not the best when it comes to deck building but I can see there's lots to improve.
What to cut: - Darkblade Agent - Completely pointless and does not help develop your deck's strategy neither is it a win con.
Golgari Raiders - Sure, Haste is nice. However, without evasion it's just gonna get blocked by a 1/1. Run either Boneyard Wurm or Splinterfright . The former has no other effects except for growing with your grave while the latter is still cheaper than the raiders, helps your strategy and has trample.
Enhanced Surveillance - Does nothing.
4 months ago
Love Yuriko so much! I have a deck for her myself and she's quite good. Even if my approach is a bit different from yours, I suggest you to up your creature count a little bit.
I think the sweet spot is around 30 creatures, with more evasive and ETB creatures you can. You can even consider some on attack triggering creatures, like Nightveil Sprite .
All and all good work! Keep it on!
6 months ago
fml I had a full two paragraphs typed out of suggestions and I cant remember all of it but tl;dr I definitely think that the full aggro route is going to be a lot more effective, and to that end I would take out Nightveil Sprite and maybe something else in favor of adding red for Lightning Stormkin and Skyknight Legionnaire because they add a lot of explosive aggro power and give value the turn they come in. Also, I dont think favorable winds is too terribly important if you lean more on just having creatures and using Rally of Wings and this deck should still be pretty strong post-rotation.
super happy to actually see some flying tribal with the new cards!! is this just theorycrafting or are you going to be testing this out and updating?
7 months ago
Frank_Glascock thanks! the decks still going through revisions especially with the new drops in modern horizons. Sakashima the Impostor and Spark Double I think would be really good adds to the deck and would replace the Shapesharer im currently running cause I don't have the other two.
Misdirection hasn't really ever been in the deck as my playgroup doesn't run many single target spells that make it worth running so I just ran force of will instead and will be adding Force of Negation when that drops.
As for card draw/card selection it really depends on how your build of yuriko is, if it's more of an aggressive build like I'm going for I prefer my card draw to come in the form of creatures like Baleful Strix , Thalakos Seer , Nightveil Sprite and Augury Owl . If you're running a bit of a more midrange build or prefer a more consistent source of draw then I think Rhystic Study would be the best addition.