Creature — Faerie
Printings View all
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Zephyr Sprite Discussion
2 months ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
6 months ago
Vendilion Clique is obviously a good card to play with a faerie deck. The price of this card it's too expensive to be played in a budget deck. That's the only reason I didn't add it into.
Faerie Impostor can be played in this deck too. I like to play card with flash when they have ETB effect, that's the main reason I excluded it. But, I think you can easily replace 2x Quickling with Faerie Impostor .
Thank you for your advices!
11 months ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help.
Consider expanding on the strategy of little creatures with evasion especially flying and adding extra turn spells? All my card suggestions will be budget ($5 or less each).
Cards to consider adding:
- Yavimaya Coast : ETB (enters the battlefield) untapped to make blue or green mana, great with so many one drop creatures.
- Botanical Sanctum ETB untapped turn one to turn three to make blue or green mana.
- Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive : makes all your creatures with 1 power or toughness unblockable.
- Hope of Ghirapur
- Artificer's Assistant
- Cloud of Faeries : untap two lands is great with lots of one drop creatures.
- Scryb Sprites
- Zephyr Sprite
- Faerie Miscreant
- Mausoleum Wanderer
- Looter il-Kor
- Llanowar Elves : mana dorks are nice for ramp and can become unblockable with Tetsuko.
- Elvish Mystic
- Eternal Witness : recur any card from your graveyard.
- Beast Whisperer : more good repeatable draw when casting so many little creatures.
- Skullclamp : most creatures here have 1 toughness making Clamp great backup draw.
- Unified Will
- Regrowth : recur any card from your graveyard.
- Karn's Temporal Sundering : works well when Edric is on the battlefield.
- Walk the Aeons : most expensive price card I'm suggesting, but the buyback is very helpful. It's not exiled after cast, it can be recurred.
- Part the Waterveil
Can add all these cards for about $30.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 4x Island
- 3x Forest
- Archetype of Imagination
- Jhessian Infiltrator
- Skyrider Patrol
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder
- Counsel of the Soratami
- Desert Twister
- Explosive Vegetation
- Venser's Journal
- Curious Obsession
- Curse of Verbosity
- Gaea's Anthem
- Kodama's Reach
40 lands is a lot of lands when playing so many one drops. Most of these possible cuts are draw spells. These spells are fine, but I don't think you need all of them because you have Edric. They can be replaced with more low CMC creatures to make Edric better. I also think extra turn spells give you more than these draw spells as well as other high CMC cards. Having an extra turn to attack thus draw again is very good with the strategy of attacking and drawing with Edric.
Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
I suggest playing more 1 mana faeries ( Zephyr Sprite ) instead of Opt/Anticipate/Telltime to make sure you have a turn 1 play to set up for a t2 Spellstutter or Quickling. Eight 1-drop faeries is the minimum imo since if you're playing the tempo plan you want Spellstutter to be ready to counter something on turn 2 every time. It's also important to have little dudes to start chipping in early on, a couple points of dmg in the first turns can often mean the difference between winning and losing later.
In regards to the sideboard, you need Negate . Neither J's Defeat nor Flashfreeze can counter black spells, and black has some of the best removal in the format (which are played enough for you to worry about). They also can't counter Liliana. If you don't like Negate, Spell Pierce is also a good option since it's cheap.
1 year ago
and consider replacing with: Spellstutter Sprite, Sentinels of Glen Elendra, Nightveil Sprite, Nightshade Stinger, Mistbind Clique, Latchkey Faerie, Knacksaw Clique, Inspired Sprite, Glen Elendra Archmage, Fencer Clique, Faerie Trickery, Faerie Impostor, Faerie Artisans, Cloud of Faeries
1 year ago
A good alternative to Zephyr Sprite might be Faerie Impostor, it's still but it's a 2/1. I'd cream my shorts if it had flash, but it doesn't, though the attached bounce could still be useful, even if at sorcery speed.
1 year ago
So one quick way to cut cards is to take out everything that doesn't fit with your deck focus/theme. For example, cut all of the Goblins as they have nothing to do with Faerie tribal (which is what I assume your goal is). Also, it may seem beneficial to jam every relevant faerie into the deck, but you generally want your creatures to be impactful. Vanilla 1/1's like Zephyr Sprite and Moon Sprite don't really do much. There are a number of Faeries that you aren't running that may be better options than what you have here. I won't list them here, but just take a look at EDHrec's faerie tribal page and you can get a few ideas that might help you both cut cards and find good additions.