|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Faerie Soldier
Wither (This deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Oona's Gatewarden Discussion
3 months ago
I'm currently procrastinating, so I have more suggestions.
- Drift of Phantasms - A flying wall that can alternatively tutor for any 3 mana card
- Fog Bank - Not indestructible, but perhaps call it impervious
- Glyph of Delusion - Seems good in a deck with a lot of walls
- Glyph of Doom - A 1 mana Murder
- Hightide Hermit - Crab crab crab
- Oona's Gatewarden - 1 mana, flying, wither. And she's sassy.
- Isleback Spawn - I mean, the goal is to get your opponents to 0 cards which is definitely less than 20
- Wall of Junk - High toughness at low CMC
- Telemin Performance - Milling and stealing, all around excellent
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep - Often used as an ocean-denizen or mill commander but still effective as a normal creature
- Bojuka Bog - Milling your opponents won't work if they Elixir of Immortality or something, this prevents that
- Tormod's Crypt - Same as Bojuka Bog but as an artifact
7 months ago
Looks like a pretty good start. I feel like the general gameplan with this deck is to lay down some evasive flyers and then get out buffs on T4/5 and win in the air.
Assuming that's the direction you want to, my recommendation would be:
- Cut Faerie Harbinger, Faerie Trickery, Nectar Faerie, Oona's Gatewarden, Final-Sting Faerie and Thieving Sprite (18 total cards). These are all cards that either don't really further the game plan, have too high of an opportunity cost, or can't attack.
- Add 2-3 more lands (Creeping Tar Pit, Evolving Wilds or just more Islands))
- Add a few hard removals (Doom Blade, Fatal Push, etc)
- Add a 4th copy of Spellstutter Sprite
- Consider swapping Coat of Arms for the 4th copies of Glen Elendra Liege and Scion of Oona
That should put it at 60 cards. The idea here is to try to land creatures on turns 1 and 2, then hold up counters or Spellstutter Sprite T3 and then start dropping buffers to beat down in the air. Then you keep the handful of spot removals in case your opponent resolves a big flying/reach creature before the game can get closed out.
If you want to move in a somewhat more controlling direction, 1-2 copies of Bident of Thassa might be worth considering. In a weenie flyer deck, it can help ensure that you're drawing enough gas to rebuild if a board wipe happens.
8 months ago
9 months ago
Since the secondary ability of Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs only works with deserts and I'm trying to modernize this deck, I found some potential replacements, as there's no point in including slow lands for a single creature.
- Steel Wall
- Oona's Gatewarden
- Perimeter Captain
- Order of the Stars
- Consulate Skygate
- Wall of Tanglecord
- Cathedral Membrane
- Thing in the Ice Flip
- Returned Phalanx
- Murmuring Phantasm
- Ludevic's Test Subject Flip
- Kaijin of the Vanishing Touch
- Jeskai Barricade
- Geist of the Lonely Vigil
- Fog Bank
- Angelic Wall
- Vertigo Spawn
- Wall of Omens
- Wall of Essence
I really like Kaijin of the Vanishing Touch because of how bouncing enemy threats is a big theme of this deck, but I could also see Thing in the Ice Flip being a replacement for both Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs as well as Striped Riverwinder though it doesn't get Hexproof. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?
9 months ago
10 months ago
Some cards with wither might work well with this deck. Necroskitter, Oona's Gatewarden, Woodlurker Mimic are some that are cheap on CMC and actual money costs. Not sure on price but Plague Belcher is another solid contender. Baleful Ammit also seems pretty strong with lifelink.
I also think that the Obelisk Spider would be better as 4 of since you're putting -1/-1 counters on all kinds of stuff. Maybe cut down the Crocodile of the Crossing or Festering Mummy. These both seem lacking with the decks synergy.
I like the idea. Good luck!
1 year ago
Darth_Savage I really like your suggestions.
Thanks for the input!
1 year ago
Some thoughts -
Kaervek the Merciless, is just too slow for modern, you would be better with Stigma Lasher
Lightning Reaver, is ok, but it needs more setup than Demigod of Revenge, not necessarily for more gain.
Otherwise I like the deck, it just needs to be a little more focussed.