|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Faerie Soldier
Wither (This deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (35)||Supremespeed , gildan_bladeborn , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , TheRealPeaches , Spinalripper , duff87 , Fineontheoutside , Wolfninja , Va1mar , Wolfebladeelite , saj0219 , Kleptozaniac , ducttapedeckbox , Notepad95 , AlbinoLion , TheAnnihilator , goodair , Candyman949 , Bluboltar , TheRealSpecialK , Mortiferus_Rosa , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , RedSinR , failurechild88 , Lindough , DrPopular , Nemesis , mentor6 , TehDelta , kaikaitanner , thetechzombie , KB2187 , Borg0th , Epidilius , meowCat1234|
|Want (16)||Arcbounder , Liquicitizen , cybertop , Lordaether , cainedipp , king0fclubs , PRO-AUGMANDOO , itskevinmiller , jamiefosternz , flowersofevil , TiredTofu , Epoch5436 , kovellen , arthurxisde , mooseonwhiskey , rco|
Oona's Gatewarden Discussion
3 weeks ago
Bitchboideckbuilder, Hapatra's Mark does stop Blowfly Infestation, but I'm not sure I'd want to dedicate the slots to it. I wouldn't want to tutor for Mark, so I'd almost have to dedicate 4x slots to it. I'm keeping Blowfly in for now, as I added 2x Canker Abominations for a 6/6 body... still considering Soulstinger as a counter-dump as well. Canker and Soulstinger both have unique advantages, and I'm planning to try the deck both ways for a bit. Another trial I ran this weekend involved Oona's Gatewarden, for the 1-slot. It ended up making no difference at all, really. With the removal available in this deck, I can (usually) pretty much keep the board in stasis for 2-3 turns, which is plenty of time to get my token engine built. So Gatewarden has been rejected. I'll post with results of trying out Canker and Soulstinger after I get a handful of games in with each. Thanks for checking out my build!
1 month ago
Totally, I got ya. I'm sure you have already considered it but Oona's Gatewarden might be helpful (at least as a better replacement than my other suggestions, given the combos in your deck). Either way, wither is a super fun and under appreciated mechanic and it's awesome your deck features it!
4 months ago
with 4 toughness becoming so popular in the format i think Oona's Gatewarden is a worthy 1 drop for scarring the more beefy bodies out there. I have a personal love/hate for Familiar's Ruse... although straying away from faerie tribal ninjas have great synergy with Fae ETB effects. Mistblade Shinobi/Ninja of the Deep Hours are interesting substitutes that can give the deck a bit more versatility.... Glaring Spotlight is also neat.
10 months ago
I'm currently procrastinating, so I have more suggestions.
- Drift of Phantasms - A flying wall that can alternatively tutor for any 3 mana card
- Fog Bank - Not indestructible, but perhaps call it impervious
- Glyph of Delusion - Seems good in a deck with a lot of walls
- Glyph of Doom - A 1 mana Murder
- Hightide Hermit - Crab crab crab
- Oona's Gatewarden - 1 mana, flying, wither. And she's sassy.
- Isleback Spawn - I mean, the goal is to get your opponents to 0 cards which is definitely less than 20
- Wall of Junk - High toughness at low CMC
- Telemin Performance - Milling and stealing, all around excellent
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep - Often used as an ocean-denizen or mill commander but still effective as a normal creature
- Bojuka Bog - Milling your opponents won't work if they Elixir of Immortality or something, this prevents that
- Tormod's Crypt - Same as Bojuka Bog but as an artifact
1 year ago
Looks like a pretty good start. I feel like the general gameplan with this deck is to lay down some evasive flyers and then get out buffs on T4/5 and win in the air.
Assuming that's the direction you want to, my recommendation would be:
- Cut Faerie Harbinger, Faerie Trickery, Nectar Faerie, Oona's Gatewarden, Final-Sting Faerie and Thieving Sprite (18 total cards). These are all cards that either don't really further the game plan, have too high of an opportunity cost, or can't attack.
- Add 2-3 more lands (Creeping Tar Pit, Evolving Wilds or just more Islands))
- Add a few hard removals (Doom Blade, Fatal Push, etc)
- Add a 4th copy of Spellstutter Sprite
- Consider swapping Coat of Arms for the 4th copies of Glen Elendra Liege and Scion of Oona
That should put it at 60 cards. The idea here is to try to land creatures on turns 1 and 2, then hold up counters or Spellstutter Sprite T3 and then start dropping buffers to beat down in the air. Then you keep the handful of spot removals in case your opponent resolves a big flying/reach creature before the game can get closed out.
If you want to move in a somewhat more controlling direction, 1-2 copies of Bident of Thassa might be worth considering. In a weenie flyer deck, it can help ensure that you're drawing enough gas to rebuild if a board wipe happens.
1 year ago
1 year ago
Since the secondary ability of Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs only works with deserts and I'm trying to modernize this deck, I found some potential replacements, as there's no point in including slow lands for a single creature.
- Steel Wall
- Oona's Gatewarden
- Perimeter Captain
- Order of the Stars
- Consulate Skygate
- Wall of Tanglecord
- Cathedral Membrane
- Thing in the Ice Flip
- Returned Phalanx
- Murmuring Phantasm
- Ludevic's Test Subject Flip
- Kaijin of the Vanishing Touch
- Jeskai Barricade
- Geist of the Lonely Vigil
- Fog Bank
- Angelic Wall
- Vertigo Spawn
- Wall of Omens
- Wall of Essence
I really like Kaijin of the Vanishing Touch because of how bouncing enemy threats is a big theme of this deck, but I could also see Thing in the Ice Flip being a replacement for both Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs as well as Striped Riverwinder though it doesn't get Hexproof. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?