|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Rule of Law
Each player can't play more than one spell each turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Rule of Law Discussion
1 week ago
I would recommend Relic of Progenitus or Rakdos Charm to deal with graveyard shenanigans, Leyline of Sanctity for burn, storm or the off chance you face a milling deck, and Stony Silence for Tron or Affinity. Also, maybe Rule of Law for storm as well? not sure if your deck could operate or not, but it for sure kills storm. I would also try running some Ghost Quarters main board. It helps to blow up utility lands.
And if you consider thebosslin's idea, I'd use Crypt Incursion or Sanguine Sacrament. They are both instant speed, Crypt Incursion cleans creatures out of a yard, and Sanguine Sacrament goes back in the library, so you could get away with a single copy. Creatures you could run would of course be the Soul Sisters Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant, or the better of the two for an aggro strat, Suture Priest.
Hope I could help!
1 week ago
A couple of options to consider:
- Blind Obedience is really good in multiplayer. Daxos tends to take a bit to get off the ground, so slowing down your opponents and being able to stack up some extra life can be really valuable. -
- You have a lot of ways to spend mana other than spells, so Eidolon of Rhetoric and/or Rule of Law can really help you outvalue your opponents.
- You might consider one more way to protect Daxos. Flickering Ward could be a good option, especially with Serra's Sanctum to generate tons of white mana.
- I like Cessation / Cage of Hands as options for shutting down enemy commanders. Since Daxos tends to go long, removals are actually a bit weak for commander control.
- Skybind is one of my favorite Daxos tech cards. Both Daxos and Heliod can make enchantments at instant speed, which allows Skybind to act as more or less a repeatable Maze of Ith.
In terms of possible cuts:
- Athreos seems marginal. The deck is creature light and people will happily pay for anything that's actually relevant enough.
- It doesn't look like you have a lot of ways to abuse Faith's Reward. It'd really require the right set of circumstances to give 4 mana in value.
- You have a lot of ways to spend life, but not a lot of ways to recoup it. Corpse Augur is probably your least good way of spending life for cards and can probably safely go.
- Citadel Siege is a possibility. It locks down some problem cards, but maybe it could go if you went for something like Cage or Skybind?
- Diabolic Revelation may not end up being amazing. I find that Daxos almost always has something to do with mana, so expensive tutors (even if they can get multiple cards) can end up being somewhat dead. It may be good, but I'd recommend keeping an eye on it.
2 weeks ago
Axis of Mortality is an interesting new card, I'll give it a run out and see how it fares. It could provide a decent additional win condition if I can get down to negative life, but it could be a "win more" card as at 6 mana I'd hope to have sown the game up. However it might be worth it just to cast it against a Death's Shadow deck!
3 weeks ago
Axis of Mortality + Phyrexian Unlife = dead opponent
4 weeks ago
Looks interesting. Maybe you could add some additional cards (next to your commander) that ensure cards are kept in hands like Grand Abolisher, Ethersworn Canonist or Rule of Law. For some additional disruption/stealing, I'd add Memnarch; especially because he synergizes so well with Mycosynth Lattice.
Hope any of this helps. If it did and you'd like me to check out other decks, send me a message. Also, I always appreciate feedback on one of my own decks, so don't be shy and check one out!
1 month ago
Another idea is to play cards that limit how many spells can be played on a turn. Ramping a bunch doesn't do as much when you can only play one card per turn due to Rule of Law
1 month ago
In a lot of ways sometimes Rule of Law is better as it is an enchantment, in your deck however it is important to get the Ethersworn Canonist's as game two your opponent will likely side out creature hate and side in enchantment hate, so it should be good enough if you don't get the Canonist's but it forces your opponent to be aware of what hate to have.
Good luck Friday!
1 month ago
Thanks! I was shocked that i beat tron and won a game with each storm deck. I thought it was funny to win about the same way with both of them.
I'm hoping the Rule of Law is quick enough until i can get the Canonist. Other than that i may have Leylines to use friday.
Heres to hoping fridays goes as well haha