|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tribal Sorcery — Rogue
Prowl (5)(Blue) (You may play this for its prowl cost if you dealt combat damage to a player this turn with a Rogue.)
Put X 1/1 black Faerie Rogue creature tokens with flying into play, where X is the damage dealt to your opponents this turn. If Notorious Throng's prowl cost was paid, take an extra turn after this one.
Notorious Throng Discussion
1 week ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
3 weeks ago
Lol extra turn spells are mega spikey. My group actually frowns on them with exception from things like Notorious Throng in a tribal deck.
How well does this deck fare against sweepers in it's current state? (Being less counterspells and no inf. Hand size to hold dorks). Funny cuz i had a game where i landed Day of the Dragons then got sweeped. I couldn't get rid of the enchantment to get my dudes back. And another time that happened i sacced it for abjure and it was a blowout.
1 month ago
Notorious Throng would be a good fit, you get an extra turn plus more flyers
1 month ago
Add: Metallic Mimic , Adaptive Automaton , Foundry Inspector , Scion of Oona , Grand Architect , Hushbringer , Rankle, Master of Pranks , Emry, Lurker of the Loch . Shinechaser , Cranial Plating , Throne of the God-Pharaoh , Notorious Throng .
Control: Utter End , Anguished Unmaking , Cyclonic Rift , Damnation , Swords to Plowshares , Path to Exile , Fate Forgotten , Return to Dust , Disallow , Despark , Generous Gift , Reality Shift , Supreme Verdict , Stolen by the Fae , Vindicate .
3 months ago
Very interesting running so few creatures. I like it though. +1 from me.
Have you considered any of the following:
Glen Elendra Archmage - A faerie and re-usable counter magic all in one
Marchesa's Decree - You are a pillow fort deck making the Monarch mechanic very strong. This can also be used politically by letting an opponent through and then letting everyone else fight over the monarchy.
Skullclamp - The best card in any deck playing tokens.
Notorious Throng - Makes faeries and can give you an extra turn
Archetype of Imagination - Turns off your opponents flyers and also counts as an enchantment.
Happy deck building!
6 months ago
9 months ago
Board wipes are death to strategies with Edric or Tymna therefore my advice is to include a lot of creatures/counterspells that can stop or slow down board wipes.
- Selfless Spirit
- Gaddock Teeg
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
- Mausoleum Wanderer
- Hope of Ghirapur : only stops one opponent from playing a board wipe.
- Arcane Denial
- Unified Will
- Pact of Negation
- Mana Leak
- Spell Pierce
- Heroic Intervention
Mystical Tutor is helpful to be able to tutor for a counterspell and then draw it thanks to Tymna or Edric. Worldly Tutor and Eladamri's Call are great to tutor for a hatebear to help stop a board wipe or any other creature. Diabolic Intent is a budget unconditional tutor that's good when playing a lot of little creatures. Creatures such as hatebears/mana dorks who don't have evasion can benefit from Wingcrafter . Mirror Entity is another mid/late game way to pump all 1 power fliers or unblockable creatures; nice with Tynma because she has lifelink and Throng because Entity EOT turns creatures into Rogues.
Notorious Throng in combination with Rogues is another potential powerful mid/late game card. Land Grant and Nature's Lore in combination with Shock lands (Pool, Garden, Tomb) can be very helpful when you're trying to keep the manabase land count low. Brainstorm , Ponder , Preordain , Serum Visions are other spells that help to let you keep the land count low, since they can help to find lands.
9 months ago
Hey triproberts12! Thank you very much for taking a look at the deck and for offering your suggestions. You are right, I think I can use more faeries and early ramp. I will see about acquiring copies of Notorious Throng and Knowledge Exploitation and see how they do. Tree of Perdition is a pet card of mine, but maybe it is time to see it go. Thanks for pointing out the math for Cryptic Gateway , that is definitely getting taken out for Faerie Artisans . This deck has gone through a lot of revisions. It started out as a half faerie / half trickery (steal or copy your stuff) shenanigans, because I didn't think I could get there and close out games with just the faeries. Rite of Replication was one of those cards and I usually always copy something fun from somebody else. I slowly baked in more removal over time (a meta call) strictly to get rid of fliers and big threats so I could push through damage. Maybe I should scale some of that back. Thanks again for your suggestions! I am definitely going to take all that you said into consideration when I tinker with it today and try and tune it to be more consistent.
Notorious Throng occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%