|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
|Urza's Destiny (UDS)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy target nonblack creature.
|Have (3)||sonnet666 , Bluboltar , Pumpkinking913|
|Want (5)||Gravehawk , AgentHellboy , konekoattack , BlackArticuno , Kaslay|
2 days ago
Any ideas on where I should go with this? Black White Control / Enchantment / Life Gain?
2 weeks ago
Hi friends! I Am looking to buy my Elenda deck and I'm down to 30 cards! If you have any of the following and want to sell or trade, hit me up! Prices are roughly high to low.
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose
- Phyrexian Altar
- Enlightened Tutor
- Strip Mine
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded
- Thought Vessel
- Krav, the Unredeemed
- Godless Shrine
- Fetid Heath
- Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
- Steelshaper's Gift
- Westvale Abbey Flip
- High Market
- Midnight Reaper
- Disciple of Bolas
- Dimir Machinations
- Coldsteel Heart
- Gift of Immortality
- Tortured Existence
- Unspeakable Symbol
- Animation Module
- Ashes of the Fallen
- Forge of Heroes
- Shade's Form
I'm posting this in a few different places, so this is liable to shorten at a moment's notice. Thanks!
2 weeks ago
CyberLynx07 I have thought of Attrition But none of my play groups ever play creatures only just combo decks unless the select Few when they do. I don't believe i will get a Great amount of value from it over Vampiric Rites that will be more consistent for me. It is something to think about tho for everyone else
3 weeks ago
Hey, nice deck so far. I would recommend maybe a couple sweepers like Damnation or Toxic Deluge , or something along those lines. Also, have you considered Attrition ? It seems like it's great for what this deck is trying to do. As for cuts, Mogis, God of Slaughter and Worldgorger Dragon are both kinda random and don't seem to help your game plan at all.
3 weeks ago
Hey! Nice deck, I also have a Yahenni deck and I have a few low budget cards that i think would be great for your deck. First card that I think is a must for Yahenni is Spawning Pit this card over performs every time I put it out. It's another sacrifice outlet and it doubles as a token generator, it's amazing. Another great sac outlet is Sadistic Hypnotist its my favorite card in my list and has let me win countless games by virtually locking others out of the game outside of topdecking. Helm of Possession is another favorite card of mine, i still cant believe it cost less then 5 dollars.
I would put in Plaguecrafter over merciless executioner, same price but better effect.
I think you also want more token generators, ones that I like that you dont have are Noosegraf Mob for a best budget option, Hangarback Walker and Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet as well as Grave Titan for a bit more expensive options and finally Bitterblossom if you're looking to splash some cash.
Another cheap all star is Mirage Mirror this card is amazing. Doubling our Dictate of Erebos triggers is insane and in your voltron deck you can make it a copy of an equipment to make Yahenni larger or just copy a different target, theres always great ones.
Another aspect of the deck that could use some love is your land base. Obviously there's Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth which is the sacred black combo if you want to spend some money on those but theres some great more budget friendly options too. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is a great card for under 10 dollars and can produce a ton of mana, Cabal Stronghold is very powerful and its a land that you can copy with Mirage Mirror to make even more mana if you want. High Market is another great one and finally Myriad Landscape and Barren Moor are two great cheap ones.
Removal is something that you can upgrade rather easily as well. Hero's Downfall is strictly better murder and Ashes to Ashes still cost 50 cent for some reason. Another great one is Attrition it gets rid of artifact creatures too which sometimes is an issue. Unstable Obelisk is a good card with dual purpose as removal for things that are hard to get rid of for mono black and it ramps, a great card to add.
If there is one card that I think is an absolute must add to your list though its Grave Pact I know it's on the pricey side but believe me, there isn't enough of this effect it is always useful.
Feel free to check out my list if you want to see more cards that could be good to add. I wish you luck in your endeavors as a member of Sac gang, and remember "The time for subtlety is over, darling."
1 month ago
Right off the bat I can say that Devouring Swarm and Flesh-Eater Imp are not the greatest sac outlets. Consider something like Carrion Feeder for a similar interaction but for less mana to get online early. Even Attrition seems fine in here.
I would say that everything looks playable though. However, do you mind sharing your target budget range for the build and perhaps highlighting some key interactions and win conditions before I make any further suggestions? I'm not all too familiar with the new Teysa and everything she interacts with yet, although I can see the interaction with Requiem Angel and Divine Visitation in addition to a sac outlet and a Blood Artist on the field.
I feel like you might be able to slot in some Nim Deathmantle combos in here as well. An Ashnod's Altar , Deathmantle, and any creature that produces two or more tokens on death (any creature that normally produces one will produce two with Teysa on the field too) can go infinite. This might be janky, but I feel like you have several ways to assemble that combo. Just a thought.
1 month ago
Nice write-up! Probably took some good time to type it all down.
I did have to sort your deck on type instead of your custom types to make some sence of it though ;)
I’ve been working on a meren deck with a similar sacrifice idea for a couple of years now, though the plan is a bit different they here I do have some suggestions and tips based on my experience with the archetype.
There are probably some cards here that have been mentioned before or have been tested, so sorry for that.
sac outlets are the bread and butter of these types of deck. You always need one in play or the deck falls short (this is also one of the weak point that you can attack these decks on). Some sac outlets that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:
1) Evolutionary Leap . Except that it’s not a free sac outlet I think one of the best out there!
2) Spawning Pit . One of my favorites, create more tokens from sacing creatures and it’s free to activate. Also it can quite easily go infinite with Doubling Season
3) Attrition . It’s probably mentioned somewhere her and I probably looked over it because everyone knows this.
4) Altar of Dementia . Better in meren then it’s here but still has its uses if you want to go with an infinite combo.
5) Culling Dais . Value
6) Dark Privilege . Protection of commander and outlet in one.
7) Fallen Ideal . Recurring outlet is always nice.
8) Yahenni, Undying Partisan . Indestructible outlet.
9) Helm of Possession . If people are going big.
10) Plagued Rusalka . If people are going wide.
11) Claws of Gix . Can sac any permanent and is the cheapest outlet ever made.
Some utility creatures:
12) Wirewood Herald . This is one of my favorite fun cards in my deck. Your already playing a few good other elves (rec sage, izoni, wood elves, elvish visionary) so I definitely suggest adding this one!
13) Viridian Emissary and Primal Druid are all stars in my deck. Might be useful here over some of the 3 mana ramp creatures?? (Emissary is a bit better because of clamp, and it’s an elf).
14) Golgari Findbroker . Witness #2, also it’s an elf.
15) Sengir Autocrat and Mitotic Slime . These cards give 4 and 7 sacrifices respectively. They are some of the payoff cards that I use. Especially fond of autocrat since it works with savra and skullclamp very well.
16) Reassembling Skeleton . Another one of my payoff cards, and can get nuts of I have a good board. Also there are few ways to go infinite with this one (there is a 4 card combo with this in your deck right now).
17) Savra, Queen of the Golgari . It’s an elf and since it’s a creature its easier to tutor then an enchantment. The life gain is also nice!
And one more random card that doesn’t belong in above categories:
18) Foster . At 4 mana a bit expensive but boy what value this card can give!
Some of the cars you tested and took out I’d like to comment on. I find them very very useful and would probably never cut them in my deck:
19) Fecundity . This card is the best card in my deck, the only time it’s not great is when I’m playing against weenies or people are trading creatures with each other without me having a board presents. I don’t really care if people draw a card if I kill there 6 mana creatures because it still slows them down. What’s so good about this card that It provides us with a great amount of value. This card draws of tokens which is awesome and most of the creatures your running give to sac triggers anyway. In 90% the cases this card will generate more value for us then for other players.
20) Deathreap Ritual . The only reason I’d ever cut this card is the mana cost, which at 4 is a bit expensive. You however stated the reason for excluding this card is the lack of value. I’d like to point out that Morbid doesn’t only trigger at the end of your turn but at the end of EVERY turn. It also triggers when any creature dies, so it doesn’t have to be yours and, like fecundity, it triggers of tokens dying to!! In a four player game this card can give an easy 4 cards a round.
21) Golgari Germination . I like this mostly because I play above mentioned cards which benefit hugely from tokens dying, but even without this it’s a great card rewarding you for any sacrifice and being an enchantment it’s a bit more durable as well.
22) Sakura-Tribe Elder . At two mana and a build in sac outlet this card is a cheap ramp spell that functions at all time and can provide value even if you don’t have a sac outlet in play. But if you have experienced trough testing that you get more value out of a 3 drop ramp creature then it might be different for your deck compared to meren.
Hereby I end my epistle with a last note that if your looking to take out some card I’d look at everything above 4 mana and everything with X in the mana cost. I find I always take out these in the end since I can’t cast them reliably. (5 drops stay when they are very good for the deck though).
passascats on Slimer
1 month ago
This looks like a pretty solid list. A lot of the tweaks are going to depend on personal preference.
Here are some cards to consider:
Sprout Swarm can be really good leading into a big turn. With convoke and buy back this card can bring a lot of value.
Attrition is both a sac outlet and a way to clear threats on the board.
You might want to consider some of the bigger saproling producers so you have plenty of ammo for slimefoot. Sporemound , Thelonite Hermit , and Verdeloth the Ancient .
Cards to consider replacing:
Birds of Paradise is not really good in EDH, it's not bad, it is just ok. for ramp consider the signet.
Tormod's Crypt is kind of situational, graveyard hate is not always needed. I would consider Night Soil or Necrogenesis to add to your saprolings instead.
Doomblade, one more mana for a Hero's Downfall or a Never/Return is better bet.
Tainted Strike is dirty, and we usually don't play dirty, but it's your call.
Attrition occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%