|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
|Urza's Destiny (UDS)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy target nonblack creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 week ago
I might consider Grave Pact but not Attrition, reason being, they cost the same in the end but grave pact does not cost more to keep activating and is a static effect. That being the main reason, the other reason is: if i remove a card in my deck for Attrition, will Attrition make up for the combos i could of done for whatever card i removed? As for Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree i played it, but i removed it due to mana issues, my deck starts out needing mana like crazy, tapping a land and 4 mana for a saproling is not cost efficient for my ghave deck as i run combo interaction, i find through testing that Awakening Zone, From Beyond and Bitterblossom are better for the purpose of making tokens.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
3 weeks ago
Well that's allot of valuable information, thank you! Cephalid Constable is incredibly gross, what a card! Why does it not include 'non-land'?
Divine Reckoning is actually in another deck that i use, but it never passed my mind here. Maybe i'll give it a try.
Also Plaxcaster Frogling and Sporeback Troll are good suggestions. Graft has passed my searches allot of times, but they just feel so much more in place in a atraxa themed deck. However, these two might be versions however i should playtest. They remind me of Ring of Evos Isle and Ring of Xathrid
And Karador, Ghost Chieftain just as Muldratha passed my deck as viable options after Skullbriar got included. I guess he should be good. He definitely combo's nicely off Greater good or survival of the fittest.
And Black, I actually hate black sources, but somehow the color still always comes splashed on top of commanders that I like. I guess they do make the most flavorful commanders. Attrition is good, but i'm afraid I'll end up having no non-black target i wish to destroy. Viscera Seer like Carrion Feeder are great sac outlet..... But i'm not sure if i should fit a slot for him. decisions, decisions..
As to where manacurve goes, my ideal hand actually starts with 3-4 land - as I don't care about having no creatures in hand - And if i'm stuck on 3 mana, then that sucks, but the deck should be sufficient enough to manage most of the times. Most ramp spells can be applied on Reyhan right after I cast her and even Mirror Mockery let's Reyhan hit for 9 - 15 - 21 - 27....
3 weeks ago
All right. In that case Imma throw out some suggestions.
First of all and probably strangest: Cephalid Constable. If you can get some counters on this boi, preferably make it evasive? Suddenly you're mega-time-walking every opponent. Maybe try Helm of the Host or Blade of Selves with him but pro'lly not.
Divine Reckoning is insane, especially here. I would say much better than Deathbringer Regent. Yes, it leaves everyone else a creature too, but for 4 less mana I'd say it's an improvement (since you could cast more than just that on the same turn).
You don't have Herald of Secret Streams!? He's one of the only good reasons to run blue!
Bred for the Hunt is equally awesome; my other reason to run blue.
Consider that you don't need black for like... anything. You have a total of like 12 black spells. No removal? No Viscera Seer? Attrition? There are good sac outlets you're missing. This is gonna go against one of my points farther down but like. Yeah.
This one isn't an actual comment of value, but I wanted to commend your idea for copying Reyhan. I had never considered it and it is really fresh and intriguing. Love the flavor, love the application.
Couldn't help but notice Karador, Ghost Chieftain in the maybeboard. He might be pretty good too, if you wanted to move this and sorta kinda separate the aristocrats and the counters. I would love to see an aristocrat counter deck that leans more into the aristocrat side. Skullbriar, the Walking Grave would be a monster!
Your mana curve is super high, effectively starting at 3 and going down fairly slowly. I searched long and hard for the 1-drops I have, and I am glad to share them with you. Just peep in on my decks (tappedout makes that easy to find) and steal some.
You have a lot of aristocrat themes and a lot of counter themes, but the problem is you don't have much intersect between the two. As a result this deck feels almost like two separate decks, and I don't know if that's hindered you before in practice, but in theory it seems really bad.
3 weeks ago
I've been playing The Scarab God Zombie EDH deck for a long while now. He's a great combo commander because his passive ability is aggressive and helps you hit combos while his active ability perfectly plays along with the zombie theme.
That being said, you've made some weird card choices, especially among your creatures.
Here's some Zombie's that I'd suggest to replace the many non-Zombie creatures you're running:
Balthor the Defiled, Cryptbreaker, Ghoulcaller Gisa, Grave Titan, Graveborn Muse, Gravecrawler (this is the most important combo piece in the deck), Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Havengul Lich, Lazav, the Multifarious (as a shapeshifter, he is a Zombie), Lich Lord of Unx, Lord of the Accursed, Lord of the Undead, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Noxious Ghoul, Razaketh, the Foulblooded (can pull all combo pieces in 1 turn, and play all 4 for 6 mana), Relentless Dead, Risen Executioner, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Taigam, Sidisi's Hand (not a zombie, but fills your graveyard with them and has built in removal). These guys would go a long way to improving the consistency and power level of your deck.
Here's a few non-zombie cards that synergize with them very well:
Attrition (repeatable removal and sac engine), Dictate of Erebos+Grave Pact (combos well with Gravecrawler+sac outlet), Secrets of the Dead (works with all the ways we can play zombies from our graveyard and combos with Gravecrawler), Herald's Horn (draw + ramp), Urza's Incubator (ramp), Vanquisher's Banner (pump + draw), Whip of Erebos (lifelink zombies + graveyard play), Buried Alive (use this to put Gravecrawler, Wonder, and Risen Executioner into your graveyard for a great little combo that instantly gives you access to 3 cards), Search like Diabolic Tutor, Demonic Tutor, and Diabolic Intent helps to get out combo pieces.
The main combo I keep talking about is Rooftop Storm + Gravecrawler + a sac outlet, usually Grimgrin, Corpse-Born, and something to abuse like Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos, Diregraf Captain/Plague Belcher/Noxious Ghoul/Bontu's Monument. These are all pieces that are individually good, but when put together will instantly win you the game in one way or another. Razaketh, the Foulblooded can be used to grab all 4 combo pieces, then you only need to play Rooftop Storms and you can play the rest of the combo for free! It's a really great card in black combo decks like this.
Anyways, feel free to take a look at my deck if you want any ideas. Zombies are my favorite tribal and are always a blast to play. I love that they can be so combo heavy, yet still be an unstoppable horde if you can't combo out thanks to all the +1/+1 anthems that Zombies get. Good luck with your deck!
4 weeks ago
Hey! Got some ideas for you... Verdeloth the Ancient, Attrition, Shamanic Revelation, Collective Unconscious, Harvest Season, Evolutionary Leap, and I agree about Cryptolith Rite and Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Not sure about focusing on proliferating on your fungus counters being worthwhile though. Seems like lots of work for very little payoff. They aren't getting +1/+1 counters after all, there are not many of those in the deck actually. You are better off with Overwhelming Stampede kinds of pump.
As far as cuts go, here's my suggestions.... Corpsejack menace, nylea and her bow, mold adder, morbid bloom, giant growth, groundswell, fertile imagination, undergrowth scavenger, mindbender spores, deaths presence, the great aurora