|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifacts, creatures, and lands played by your opponents enter the battlefield tapped.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 week ago
4 weeks ago
This is very much a hate deck. Zurgo Helm Smasher could be a good commander here.
1 month ago
You are welcome. The nice thing about Mirri is that as long as you attack with her each turn, she offers a nice pillow fort ability in herself, so you wouldn't necessarily need a lot more options. But white offers some good stuff in Ghostly Prison, Blind Obedience, Kismet, Island Sanctuary, and the recent Kinjalli's Sunwing. Another good card draw engine in a deck like that would be Sram, Senior Edificer.
1 month ago
Oh boy do I love control in EDH. Let me recommend some stuff.
- Aura of Silence Turning your opponents Sol Rings into slightly better Worn Powerstones is really solid tempo control.
- Kismet/Frozen AEther more solid tempo control.
- Invoke Prejudice Invoke Racism jokes aside, this card can slow games to a crawl. Shame about the pricetag though.
- Pendrell Mists My dude, its the Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, but not $1,000.
- Rule of Law/Arcane Laboratory How about making countering stuff a much easier affair? If you're playing the long game, this rarely hurts you and watching ramp pull their hair out is hilarious.
- Torpor Orb This card can be a little tricky because it will hurt you too if you're not careful, but people forget how many staples in EDH are ETB creatures. Shutting them all off is a great power to have over your opponents.
- Ghostly Prison/Propaganda Consider these as some solid protection against aggro. Not perfect, but you do often force them into either tapping out to attack you or tapping out to cast things.
- Meishin, the Mind Cage Maybe consider if you want something a little more potent than Propaganda?
- Wrath of God/Evacuation/Oblivion Stone This deck should have a couple of reset buttons.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir Good. Very good. Cast your Wurmcoil EOT, give yourself protection on your turn. Maybe throw in Grand Abolisher too.
- Mimic Vat Maybe not something immediately thought of when control comes to mind, but a very versatile toolbox card. You don't always have to be grabbing someones Akroma. In fact, using something like Sakura-Tribe Elder every turn is also really strong.
- Annul Annul is really good in EDH.
Wow that was way longer of a post than I thought it would be. Sorry! Hope I was helpful!
2 months ago
2 months ago
Based on his abilities, Derevi is at his best in a stax/prison-type build, with you abusing your opponents with options like, Authority of the Consuls, Stasis, Winter Orb, Static Orb, Meekstone, Blind Obedience, Kismet, Vitalize, Benefactor's Draught, Always Watching , Brave the Sands and other similar low-cost options that create a decided board advantage for you. Using lots of mana dorks with a well-timed Intruder Alarm would also fit, as the more creatures you have in play, the more you will benefit. Adding a Luminarch Ascension to really benefit off the board prison stalling to create 4/4 angel finishers is another option. Those are just a few ideas - good luck with your build.
2 months ago
I see a bunch of potential pitfalls, in the deck, that appear more detrimental to you than your opponents. For instances, how do you win once you play Gaddock Teeg? Roughly half of your creatures are shut off once he's on the field and two of your only ways to cheat those fatties onto the field are too. Taxing is fine, but shutting up over half of your deck is a really big oversight.
The amount of ramp is really low, as is the amount of non-creature based card draw. You have a lot of creatures with ETB effects that help to solve this, especially ones with tutor effects, but I'm not sure if that's enough, without a way to better harness those effects, such as having Panharmonicon or Strionic Resonator available. You could include Elemental Bond, considering the number of 3 power or greater creatures you have, but it'll require you to cut something you many not want to. Alternatively, Rishkar's Expertise would work nicely in this slot. For ramp fixing, Hour of Promise would go a long way for you because it allows you to fetch any land from your deck, including nonbasics, i.e. Emeria, as would Mirari's Wake. An easy include would be Sword of the Animist, since it gets you closer to Emeria, but that's up to you. Great overall improvements, Blind Obedience is strictly better than Authority and Reclamation Sage is leagues better than Manglehorn because of the versatility it provides. If you want more "enters play tapped" effects, play Kismet but opt for versatility with your ability to destroy stuff.
One thing I've learned about tax and stax decks, they draw hate the moment your opponents figure out what you're doing. With that being said, I really advise you to add boots to protect your Commander and lock pieces, and, since people are going to hate you anyway, might as well go all out and play a sword or two. The best ones for your strategy are Sword of Feast and Famine, Sword of Light and Shadow, and probably Sword of War and Peace.
A very interesting deck and take on Mirri. I never would have thought to build her like this. I hope my suggestions are useful. Best regards.