As Kindred Boon enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
: Put a divinity counter on target creature you control of the chosen type.
Each creature you control with a divinity counter on it has indestructible.
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Kindred Boon occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Kindred Boon Discussion
1 week ago
seshiro_of_the_orochi - Thanks for the suggestions. I really like the Call to the Kindred and Kindred Summons a lot. It's cards like those, I'm looking for. The Kindred Boon didn't fit the bill, but you might have been thinking of another card at the time. Again, thanks for the suggestions!
1 week ago
1 month ago
I love a player who goes for the flavor win, but I also feel like you could do more to really focus the mechanical identity of your deck.
Cats are associated strongly with equipment, which Ajani plays into with +1/+1 counters, which are also good for beefing up one's creatures. The issue with that is you essentially have 54 deck slots to split between creatures, equipment, ramp, removal, and card draw.
You could also just do tribal. Though cats do not have many lords (the only one you don't have is Regal Caracal), general tribal cards such as Herald's Horn, Adaptive Automaton, Shared Animosity, the Kindred cycle (Kindred Boon, Kindred Summons, and Kindred Charge), Metallic Mimic, Icon of Ancestry, Door of Destinies, Steely Resolve, Obelisk of Urd, or Vanquisher's Banner could serve you well.
You could go more towards Ajani's +1 counter theme, but most of the payoffs for that are non-cat. That said, there are some good noncreature options: Curse of Stalked Prey, Hardened Scales, Doubling Season, Curse of Predation, Hindervines, Inspiring Call, and Mayael's Aria and other power-related payoffs.
2 months ago
xaarvaxus I'll probably make some changes in regard to your land suggestions. There are definitely other U/W and G/U lands I could add, such as the beta duals as well as shock lands and fetch lands. I don't think it is so much of a problem that I neeeeeed to add more blue mana sources, because if worst comes to worst I can just put out morophon and name unicorn, and thus not have to pay any blue mana. It seems a shame to change my mana base too much to accommodate my one blue spell, but really there isn't much harm in adding a Krosan verge and maybe a Hallowed Fountain.
In regard to your other suggestions I struggle more with board wipes than targeted removal, because who is going to waste a Swords to Plowshares on a Revered Unicorn , so hexproof is slightly pointless in my eyes. Currently Kindred Boon is what is helping me against board wipes, but I can't help but feel there is a better way to do it out there.
Icon of Ancestry is definitely a flavorful tribal card, but it seems unconventional for a deck with 2 main creature types that often have mana costs of 2 or 3. They aren't really worth paying 3 mana to search the top 3 cards for.
Yes, Cathars' Crusade would probably, actually you know what, it would be really good, I just don't know what to switch out for it. Perhaps Door of Destinies accomplishes the same goal but to a lesser extent?
3 months ago
@Canamex Not really. The only issue where it hurts not to have low CMC creatures is if they remove all your land and creatures at the same time. Like with Jokulhaups , but this rarely happens and usually your opponents will be in the same boat with you.
1 CMC creatures I'd only run if they're ridiculously impressive or have an effect that can't be gotten from a bigger creature. For example I wouldn't run Dauntless Bodyguard , because if you play them first they're practically a 2/1 with nothing special about them. Instead I'd run Changeling Outcast over him as you would have an unblockable knight you could dump all your equipment on. If the indestructibility really matters to you I'd run Kindred Boon instead, but that might be a better card to swap out over Knights' Charge . The indestructibility would make it harder to wipe your creatures off the board after all.
3 months ago
I'd consider another 1-3 pieces of wrath protection since it tends to be Edgar's biggest weakness.
are some excellent choices.
Make a Stand
are a little less powerful but they'll do the job too if you're on a budget. You could also use
, if they're in your budget.
Whatever you decide to do, good luck and have fun!
3 months ago
I would include a little more as far as ramp/mana rocks go.
I would look into the big splashy tribal cards from commander 2017. Kindred Discovery is expensive but it offers up insane card advantage. Kindred Dominance is a one-sided wipe, and Kindred Charge gives you twice as much sliver per sliver!
And while enchantments are easy to remove, I find that Kindred Boon goes a long way.
As far as cuts, I would look at slivers that aren't amazing. Virulent Sliver is probably the first that I would cut. If you don't outright kill people the turn it drops then it will just get killed and the poison counters won't matter (unless of course, somebody else in your group runs a poison deck). Maybe Clot Sliver and Talon Sliver as well, I'm not really sure what else above those however, I guess it depends on what effects you want redundancy on.
+1 from me, I love tribal decks.
4 months ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)