Open the Vaults
Return all artifact and enchantment cards from all graveyards to the battlefield under their owners' control. (Auras with nothing to enchant remain in the graveyards.)
|Want (2)||Etinifni , rruz001|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Open the Vaults occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Open the Vaults Discussion
1 week ago
This is definitely the best Atog EDH deck I've seen! It's awesome to see them in this format; they are so unique and fun to play!
Would Open the Vaults be useful to you? I could see it bringing back a good amount of sac targets out of nowhere.
2 months ago
Thanks JBecicka for the feedback, I was thinking that gilded lotus was a bit expensive, I'll replace that with an arcane signet. As far as lands go, I'll take out the bounce land and Temple of the false god, what's your opinion on Vesuva in this deck and Halimar Depths ? Also considering taking out the Open the Vaults as I have Dance of the Manse in there. Also considering taking Thran Dynamo and Mystic Forge out to lower cost. Also going to take out The Immortal Sun and throw in some more lower-cost instants/counters for the nonland cards I am taking out.
2 months ago
You might like these: Deserted Temple + Chance for Glory + Angel's Grace (alongside Sunforger, Mistveil Plains, and enough mana, these cards allow you to take infinite turns. Infinite turns! in Boros!), Spellbinder (pretty rad with T's P), Bludgeon Brawl , Sunbond , Cradle of Vitality , Inquisitor's Flail , Sequestered Stash , Scrap Mastery , Open the Vaults , Hellkite Tyrant , Odric, Lunarch Marshal , Bastion Protector , Commander's Insignia , Valduk, Keeper of the Flame , Kemba, Kha Regent , Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor , Brass's Bounty , Prying Blade
2 months ago
Crush Contraband is arguably as good as Return to Dust , and a good way to shave $1.75 from the list. Return of the Wildspeaker is better than Soul's Majesty , since it doesn't target, avoiding blowouts by instant-speed removal. Especially in this deck, where you have 3 whole humans, making the second mode a win-con. It will also save you roughly another $1.75. You're not doing anything unfair with Open the Vaults that necessitates turboing it out, and you're only running 2 enchantments. Save the $2.75 and pay the extra mana to avoid giving people their enchantments back with Roar of Reclamation , instead. There's no special reason to run Nature's Lore in a deck without nonbasic forests, so swapping in Farseek will save another $2.75, and the deck is more white, anyway, so being able to fix for white while stuck on 2 green sources seems like an upgrade.
Those are just strict budget upgrades. I'd also check out the budget Nazahn page at EDHREC. Hope that helps!
2 months ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
3 months ago
Inventors' Fair is anothe good land you could use. Also grab an Ancient Den and Darksteel Citadel as well to maximize artifact synergies. Refurbish , Emeria, The Sky Ruin , and Open the Vaults can also let you get things out of your graveyard.
Reya is probably too expensive.
Cut Heavenly Blademaster, you don't have enough creatures to take advantage of her.
Kemba, Kha Regent would be a more appropriate one because she generates tokens as blockers and swarmers if neede.
I'm not huge on Nahiri, the Lithomancer . 5 mana to not really get a lot done but make a 1/1 and equip it once. Similarly, Ajani Goldmane doesn't seem to do a lot in your deck. I think walkers like Ugin, the Ineffable and Elspeth, Sun's Champion might just straight up be better fits. You want to capitalize on that artifact synergy.
If you absolutely need something expensive and threatening, Zetalpa, Primal Dawn or Heliod, God of the Sun are good options with baked-in indestructible.
Land Tax and Smothering Tithe may also be very big includes. The second generates artifacts for anything that needs them as well as makes lots of mana or slows your opponents down considerably. Both are good for you.
Finally, you have some fun infinite mana generation in there but... what does it do? You've got no real payoff for abusing Basalt Monolith. There's no way to chain or bounce things, no aetherflux resrvoir, etc. Maybe instead of Doubling Cube , you run more linear ramp like Sword of the Animist , Explorer's Scope , or Land Tax
4 months ago
Love this deck!
4 months ago
Hynx I direct you to the ruling here. The wording on Open the Vaults essentially is worded so it isn't the caster of the spell getting everything, you still control the curses, but you still can choose where to put them, oddly enough this method also gets around players who are hexproof or have shroud.