|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you.
|Have (3)||Forkbeard , , CampbellStev|
|Want (6)||Edbarja , Mac-Daddy , tupton79 , MTG_Optometry , Regalight , morgs818|
16 hours ago
I’d suggest cutting some creatures. It seems like you could mostly be doing a Knight build for the most part so getting rid of creatures like Gearshift Ace and others that are only in there because they have first strike will probably be your first ones to cut for any of the cards I listed. Always bet one games dragging into the late game some Agro decks need to take out 3 people each with 40 life, meaning you will probably make some enemies in the early game with all of your attacks. Just think about how important a 2/2 double strike creature will be in the later parts of the game if someone gets something like a Craterhoof Behemoth out or if someone is playing a pillowfort deck and only 1 or 2 of your creatures can attack at a time because of a Ghostly Prison or Propaganda not to mention the fact nearly every deck that plays red tends to run a Blasphemous Act which will easily kill all your creatures. Agro is good and all, but you should never expect the game to end early since you’ll be made into an enemy early on for all the early attacks.
4 days ago
Hey, you're welcome.
Kasmina is fine, two 2/2 Wizards, draw/discard two cards for four mana over the course of two turns. She's however much better when playing repeatable proliferate; then you can keep using her loyalty to create Wizards. Flux Channeler who's a Wizard can proliferate for no mana cost and that's good especially when you can make an infinite cast of a spell combo. I don't think I would play Kasmina without also playing Channeler.
Don't undervalue Roil/Blink, they're very versatile instant removal. Instant two drops, can imprint with Isochron Scepter . Having removal that can hit noncreature cards is very helpful in multiplayer Commander since not all threats or combos your opponents will try to assemble will be creatures. Counterspells are your main sources of removal Roil/Blink can bounce something you couldn't counter so that when your opponent casts it again you can counter it. Roil/Blink can even bounce Scepter back to your hand to imprint again which can be helpful if you want to play Scepter and imprint an instant that's not Reversal such as High Tide .
Roil/Blink/Zenith is redundancy for infinite draw with Naru to find Labman/Jace, that makes them in my opinion more playable than Kasmina. You're not always going to have access to Azami and when you don't having other outlets for draw are helpful. Zenith for example could also be used on opponents to make each of them, one at a time draw their libraries so they lose on their turns.
Tide is a powerful budget card for mono blue. It's powerful because it's only one mana which can make a lot of mana depending on the number of Islands you control. Use it in combination with budget cards that can untap your lands such as Frantic Search , Turnabout , Snap , Rewind , Cloud of Faeries , Peregrine Drake , etc. The advantage of Snap over the rest of these is it can be imprinted with Scepter. Turnabout is good with both Tide and Azami because it can also untap all your Wizards. Cards that can copy Turnabout make it even better because then you can untap all your lands and all your Wizards.
Turnabout can be part of infinite combos; one is with Sigil Tracer who's a Wizard + other Wizards + Azami. Tracer can be a backup Scepter effect with Reversal since Tracer can copy Reversal with Wizards. Tracer + Azami + one other Wizard + mana rocks is infinite mana and draw. Can do some neat recursion tricks with Tracer + Ghostly Flicker + Archaeomancer . Echo Mage who's a Wizard is a less expensive slower alternative to Tracer. Tracer and Mage's repeatable ability to copy a spell is powerful because they can copy an opponents spell.
Muddle the Mixture is good in mono blue especially when playing Scepter/Reversal combo because it can transmute for one of these cards. If not using it as a budget tutor then it's a Negate which is still good. If not playing Cyclonic Rift because of budget reasons then Devastation Tide is a fine budget alternative especially with Brainstorm.
If looking for a card to cut to clear some price to add other cards then consider cutting Propaganda ? There's nothing wrong with Propaganda, but because of the $150 budget the $9-$10 could be better used for other cards that have more synergy with Azami and Wizards.
1 week ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
2 weeks ago
Karn Liberated is a bit on the pricey end for me. I like the look of Assemble the Legion and Meekstone but I am absolutely terrible at making cuts until I’ve been playing a deck for a while. So for now I’ll keep them in a sideboard to switch in if I’m playing in a meta that refuses to play with mass land destruction.
2 weeks ago
How to stall:
I don't know any "fast" ways to win but cards I frequently win with are:
The way Karn works is if you restart the game with a few Planeswalkers and something like Assemble the Legion and a few lands on the board most people give up. Especially if you've stolen their Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite or what have you.
2 weeks ago
Just looked through your deck, personally I think that the land base is pretty good especially at this price range. I'm not seeing any creature protection so maybe add a few artifacts such as Swiftfoot Boots . Liking the using aetherflux reservoir as a giant laser! To further the protection/control-ness of the deck, throwing in Ghostly Prison or Propaganda may help.
Hope that this comment will be of some use!
3 weeks ago
Fourth 5 additions:
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the comment, GrinningGrebe!
I knew about this interaction, but there's a low chance to actually be forced to bounce Talisman of Dominance and Underground River back to my hand, since I can always circumvent the problem by tapping them for colourless. As a two colours deck, I have a small chance to be actually colour screwed, so I can "afford" losing colour from those two aforementioned cards.
Regarding ETB creatures, it's true, I am kind of helping my opponents. Anyways, in my playgroup, when I have Dissipation Field on the board, I rarely get attacked, unless the attack itself it's lethal. So I guess I'm being lucky?
Propaganda on the other hand, whilst being a stronger card, gave me the opposing result, often getting me killed faster. Anyways, it is a good substitute for the Field, so I'd recommend swapping it around if you can (and your playgroup doesn't kill if you play it).
Propaganda occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
WU (Azorius): 1.15%
WUB (Esper): 0.48%
GWU (Bant): 0.72%