Each player sacrifices four lands. Wildfire deals 4 damage to each creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
23 hours ago
realBorborygmos, thank you for the +1. We are so close to hitting the 100 upvote milestone. Very exciting! Go team Gruul!
Bassmaster, I've always looked at Rite of the Raging Storm as an addition to Omnath, but always overlooked it for something else. I guess all it took was for your recommendation to really push for the addition. Thanks! As for the suggested protection cards, I'll keep them on the back burner for now. Great suggestions, nonetheless.
Vayder84, I had Nissa, Vital Force in a previous version and decided to replace her for Nissa, Worldwaker. I like them both very much for this deck, but I've enjoyed very much so turning my fetchlands into 4/4 elementals and then sacrificing them to bolt an opponent or creature.
Sgtpopnfreash, it's a done deal! Lotus Cobra is back in the mix. I'm still on the fence on including Elemental Mastery again. I'll keep it in mind for the meantime, as well as Spitebellows, Life's Legacy and your shared suggestion with DrValium for Impact Tremors. Thank you both for your suggestions!
benjameenbear7, I am actually in the process of putting together a prototype version of another Omnath build that includes land destruction and will also feature such cards as Blood Moon and Magus of the Moon. As for Wildfire and Destructive Force they could really add some spice to that build. As for this build, I am considering on adding both Mana Crypt and/or Mana Vault at some point in the near future.
Jitsrotu, I was sitting on Life from the Loam in the past. Especially anytime I would have Crucible of Worlds in play. Now I have Ramunap Excavator included, I don't find it too necessary to have as of now. As for Boundless Realms it usually does good work in this deck. Though I'm not going to lie, I have had thoughts on replacing it for Genesis Wave but for now it remains.
3 days ago
While I don't particularly care for the Gruul color combination (Dimir Forever!), I'm intrigued by your deck and the name, haha. I think if you wanted to increase the competitiveness of your deck, I think you're deck is very well-positioned to take advantage of some mana denial. I don't know if that will fly in your playgroup, but based on the list of commanders you play against regularly, I think LD is justified.
I would add Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon because you can run a very clean mana base being dual-colored while your opponents could be seriously mana-screwed. I would also suggest perhaps adding Wildfire or Destructive Force so that you kill all the lands, clear the board, and either leave a substantial Elemental army or deal a ridiculous amount of damage. Combined with Crucible of Worlds, Splendid Reclamation, and some additional artifact mana, I think you could easily play around LD effects to kill your opponents quickly and efficiently. Hall of Gemstone is a wacky card that can interestingly color-screw your opponents and limit the number of spells they can cast per turn. It does hinder your own game-plan a bit, but I think you can play around it better than your opponents in the Gruul colors.
My last suggestion would be to add some more "fast" mana sources. I don't know if your budget allows it, but Grim Monolith, Mana Crypt, and Mana Vault aren't terrible here since you're trying to ramp into a very expensive general and abuse his heavy-hitter token ability. Combined with the LD effects that make Red strong in EDH, mana rocks will help you pull ahead of your opponents and bring on the explosions.
1 week ago
Thanks so much for the suggestions lilgiantrobot :)
I'm still trying to improve this deck so it can survive my harsh multiplayer environment haha.
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle used to be in the deck but I took it out because the constant land destruction always kept it inactive. But now that you pointed it out, I could reduce some of them for more value cards and bring back Valakut!
I'll be trying out the following changes and see how I go :)
2 weeks ago
I own the following cards, and if you want them for the final build they're yours:
Impulsive Maneuvers, Widespread Panic, Custody Battle, Wild Ricochet, Sulfuric Vortex, Five-Alarm Fire, Fighting Chance, Heartless Hidetsugu, Bearer of the Heavens, Wildfire, Charmbreaker Devils, Flame Fusillade, Antagonism, Wild Evocation, Starke of Rath, Sin Prodder, Incite Rebellion, Scrambleverse, Tyrant of Discord, Smoke, Vulshok Battlemaster, Winter Sky, War Elemental, Power Surge, Galvanoth, Grand Melee, Mages' Contest, Chain Reaction, Breaking Point, Witch Hunt, Howl of the Horde, Thieves' Auction, Aftershock, Guttersnipe, Goblin Diplomats, Curse of Stalked Prey, Mob Rule, Mass Mutiny, Ash Zealot, Warp World.
I know a lot of those are more stax-y and group-slug-y than chaotic but some of them are quite chaotic and some of them force opponents to do something they don't want to do.
3 weeks ago
I think you have far too many creatures in here, most of which do litttle to nothing. For example The Unspeakable...is there even a single arcane in the deck? I don't think so.
The main problem with Jhoira is that you show in advance what threats you have available. The opponents can prepare for what is coming and will most likely try to kill the Jhoira player before any suspended spell resolves. This is why you need a lot less suspend targets and a lot more defense, for example counterspells...preferrably those with VERY low mana cost or alternative casting costs, such as Mental Misstep, Spell Pierce, Daze, Thwart, Force of Will, Pact of Negation, Misdirection, Swan Song, Remand, Memory Lapse...mass removal such as Devastation, Wildfire and Jokulhaups are also great, something that destroys lands and creatures.
3 weeks ago
very interesting game
at first i thought As Foretold was winmore because the turns could have been
turn2 upkeep pay for fish crypt twister
turn3 instead of b2b and moon Wildfire probably would have won the game at that point too.otherwise letting fish die play third land spirit guide plus crypt mana into b2b and moon would be possible but with as foretold it was better because of the additinal countermana.
then i realized lightning bolt on scooze mana would not have been available.
it did some serious work and felt like a little seedborn muse.the difference is seedborn will give emediately "enough" mana and as foretold has to be early to be on the same impact level as the muse during midgame.
2 months ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
2 months ago
Of those listed, Pillage, Wildfire, Zo-Zu the Punisher can safely be left out. If you're light on board wipes then you can run Impact Resonance. Norin is especially nasty with Genesis Chamber. Skirk Prospector and Krenko are very key pieces for ramp and damage. An unanswered Krenko is gg with Purph online and the Prospector can cheat in all sorts of things early. The others are token producers which are all dandy with Purphoros