Each player sacrifices four lands. Wildfire deals 4 damage to each creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 week ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
2 weeks ago
Of those listed, Pillage, Wildfire, Zo-Zu the Punisher can safely be left out. If you're light on board wipes then you can run Impact Resonance. Norin is especially nasty with Genesis Chamber. Skirk Prospector and Krenko are very key pieces for ramp and damage. An unanswered Krenko is gg with Purph online and the Prospector can cheat in all sorts of things early. The others are token producers which are all dandy with Purphoros
2 weeks ago
I've recently acquired the following cards and seek to potentially grant them a spot, but I need your help in determining (1) If they're worth a spot, and (2) What they can replace in the list; Bonus points for backing up your opinion! Without further ado: Impact Resonance, Siege-Gang Commander, Zo-Zu the Punisher, Skirk Prospector, Pillage, Wildfire, Krenko, Mob Boss, Rakka Mar, Norin the Wary, and Ruby Medallion. Any discussion is appreciated, I'm a frequent and regular user of the site, so my replies are often quick.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 15 COMMENTS | 374 VIEWS
2 weeks ago
If you're playing in really large multiplayer settings, you also probably want more of an emphasis on cards that affect everyone. That means cards like Wildfire, Armageddon, Balance, Wrath of God, etc. Ajani Vengeant also seems super questionable since there aren't many ways to defend it and the card is just overall super meh.
1 month ago
Dimir Signet or other on-color signets
This is the best I have off the top of my head. The multicolored ones add some things, too.
1 month ago
1 month ago
MLD is great for aggro because it basically puts everybody else on pause while you attack them to death. Basically every deck that aims to win though combat damage should have it IMO.
That being said, why no Boom/Bust or Winter Orb? I don't really see what Wildfire or Destructive Force have going for them other than clearing out blockers, and in a creature based deck that usually means clearing out half of your own board too.
As for draw, I don't know PartyJ recommended cutting Regal Force and Shamanic Revelation. Those two, along with Collective Unconscious, are some of green's best tools for picking up large chunks of your deck. This deck isn't tokens though, so I'm not sure how much gas you were getting out of these. If you were drawing less than 6 cards on average than they're not worth it and you should go with power based draw. Rishkar's Expertise is a beautiful card, but there's also Soul's Majesty, Life's Legacy, and Momentous Fall. Also Abzan Beastmaster, Elemental Bond, and Garruk's Packleader are oft-overlooked gems for creature based decks.
1 month ago
Needs a Natural Order, Worldly Tutor, Blasphemous Act, Sol Ring, Mana Vault, and possibly Lurking Predators. These should probably go in over other non-creatures (to keep the creature count as high as possible, and avoid Ruric's punishment). Also, Lightning Greaves over Swiftfoot Boots.
Another neat combo to fetch with Defense of the Heart and friends is Xenagos, God of Revels and Blightsteel Colossus (both of which could merit slots here on their own). Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is the best thing to Natural Order for, as well.
Why all of the MLD? I'd cut Wildfire, Destructive Force, and Jokulhaups. While I'm not one of those people who always abhor MLD, it just doesn't seem to fit here, and you could use the slots better? The only one I'd probably keep is Decree of Annihilation, because you can cycle it will a strong board state to secure your victory.
I'm going to punctuate this for emphasis: You. Need. More. Card. Draw. Harmonize, Rishkar's Expertise, et cetera. Wheels don't count, because they are usually massive card disadvantage if you can't out-tempo your opponents with the new cards.
Overall, though, seems like a good deck! Hope this was helpful! :)