Artifact Creature — Sphinx
Whenever an artifact creature you control deals combat damage to a player, you may put a 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature token with flying into play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sharding Sphinx Discussion
4 days ago
I have had a few fun times creating standard decks that utilize energy production to secure victory. Shielded Aether Thief would probably be a better replacement for Shipwreck Moray. It is 2 mana cheaper than the moray, and you gain energy anytime it blocks. The energy gain can be used to fuel this three artifact combo: Decoction Module, Fabrication Module, and Animation Module. The modules can feed each other as long as you have the mana and can pump your creatures to lethal levels. Land wise, some immediate additions would be Aether Hub, Simic Growth Chamber, and Sandsteppe Citadel. After that, look for as many dual lands in those colors as possible. I would replace Wind-Kin Raiders with Empyreal Voyager as the voyager is cheaper, has trample, and provides as much energy that it deals a combat damage. Token generators to consider adding are Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter and Master Trinketeer. Two decent token generators in blue for your deck would be Thopter Spy Network and Sharding Sphinx and they can help trigger each other's effects. You could also replace Multiform Wonder with Electrostatic Pummeler. Hope that helps!
2 weeks ago
hey i definately like this deck i was considering a alternate win deck.
you might thank me or not for this but im going to give you lots of potential cards for this deck that are budget/semi-budget (note some of my ideas will not work in this deck ofcoarse)(they will be catergorized by each win con)
almost all of them
- Diabolic Tutor (just another plane old find anything you want card)
- Last Chance or/and Final Fortune you just cast it when you have a win con from you list ready then at the extra turn upkeep you win (examples: epic struggle = 20 creatures, test of endurance with 50+ life.) and not to mention you have Platinum Angel in the deck if its out it will counters the you lose part of both of them when the turn ends. see for yourself http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/259040-final-fortune-platinum-angel
- now lets begin
Azor's Elocutors/Darksteel reactor
- Infinite Reflection
- http://magiccards.info/query?q=ct%3Aenter+ct%3Athe+ct%3Abattlefield+ct%3Aas+ct%3Aa+ct%3Acopy&v=card&s=cname (the ones that can turn into creatures)
Test of Endurance/Felidar Sovereign/Celestial Convergence
- Wall of Reverence
- True Conviction
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation
- Alhammarret's Archive
- Aetherflux Reservoir (not to mention its another target opponent loses category card)
- Vampire Hexmage (celstial covergence only)
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Cathars' Crusade
- Parallel Lives (the cheapest one of the permanents that double dip your tokens.)
- Rith, the Awakener
- Second Harvest
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Secure the Wastes
- Verdant Force
- Chasm Skulker (have lots of draw cards)
- Amulet of Vigor (so the gates don't enter tapped thats all)
- Expedition Map
- Tempt with Discovery
- Splendid Reclamation (if you got all of them to the graveyard plus with the amulet you can get the win since you will definately have the mana)
- Sylvan Scrying
- Gatecreeper Vine
- Animist's Awakening
- Into the Wilds
- Paradox Engine + card drawer and bouncer to recast. (while its cheap and if you have enough non mana tappers)
- all the ones from mazes end section
- the proliferate cards from earlier (proliferate doesn't target so i can hit it.)-Cryptolith Rite + the ones from epic struggle and the paradox engine-Everflowing Chalice-Mana Flare or/and Zendikar Resurgent
Mechanized production/hellkite tyrant
Mortal kombat:pretty much any one creature from this list
- Arcanis the Omnipotent (basicly so you can activate a draw when you have 0 cards in the library from any other spell.)
- Spoils of the Vault or/and Demonic Consultation
- Paradigm Shift
- Inverter of Truth (its 1 mana cost cheaper than the leveler)
- almost any hydra that can easily hit 20 power best choice is Kalonian Hydra
- Colossus of Akros (just make him monstrous that's it)
- Serra Avatar (you just need 10 or more life and keeping him alive)
- Phyrexian Processor
- Toxic Deluge then the extra turn card from eariler
- Phyrexian Unlife (just a safety net)
and finally the lose con cards
- then you can do any of the below
- Demonic Pact (when you lose the game is the last one to pick)
- Forbidden Crypt
- Immortal Coil
- Nefarious Lich
- i would suggest Transcendence but im not thats horrible
- and for the grand finale Phage the Untouchable + Rogue's Passage
hope this is to a help to you.
3 weeks ago
This is cool. I'm kinda doing the same thing, but not with breya.
A card I think is really great is Mirrorweave.
In my past couple of games I've used it really defensively, and really aggressively.
I've had someone swing at me with a couple big fatties, only to suprise him by making all creatures a copy of a thopter, and trading his 7/7 trample for one of my thopter tokens.
But my favorite play with it was after blockers were declared, I turned all creatures into copies of Sharding Sphinx and the 6 thopters that got through each hit with 16 shart triggers and created almost 100 new thopters.
I think it's a pretty versatile spell, and recommend it for your deck.
3 weeks ago
Impact Tremors is a must-have in any artifact-creature based EDH deck I think. It's a two drop, if unanswered, can deal massive amounts of damage, especially with Breya, Etherium Shaper and Sharding Sphinx being a thing. There are two cheap CMC red creatures (who I can't remember the name of off the top of my head) - 1 each from the Kaladesh and Aether revolt sets that ping opponent(s) whenever a creature or an artifact hit the field. These 4 new cards are a must-have in my opinion as they do a tonne of free damage with your artifact ETB effects (and will often go unchecked as the other ETB things are a bigger threat). Possibly switch Tezzeret, Master of Metal for the Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, as I feel like you will get more ban for your CMC with the + and - of the savant than waiting 3 turns and using the Tezzeret.
To accomodate these, I would take out the Marionette Master, Herald of Anguish, Treasure Keeper and maybe the Rupture Spire, as I have found that the master is always removed before you can do much that warrants its 6 CMC (same with the herald), the treasure keeper will most likely throw away your much needed 4+ CMC cards more often than getting your 0-3 CMC ones, and the land as you will have a lower average CMC (and it sets you back a turn with the tap clause).
4 weeks ago
DarthNekros I tried Sharding Sphinx I didn't really find too much use for it, only because I was finding synergies between etb effects, and direct damage. and Thopter Spy Network is just a better choice, its a 4 cost, and when your artifact creatures deal combat damage, you draw a card.
It also nets you a 1/1 colorless thopter token each turn, which is unfortunate, because it would be better if it was blue.
1 month ago
1 month ago
I applaud any Breya deck that doesn't simply seek a combo. That said, I frown at any Breya/Thopter deck that doesn't run Sharding Sphinx!