: Add to your mana pool.
, : Regenerate target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Yavimaya Hollow Discussion
2 weeks ago
If you don't want to lose power, but make the deck more affordable to play, then proxy (with the intent to unproxy over time).
If you don't want to proxy, but you still want to budgetify, even at the cost of power, drop Sylvan Library, Diabolic Intent, Glen Elendra Archmage, Lord of Extinction, Sensei's Divining Top, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Tooth and Nail, Yavimaya Hollow, Oracle of Mul Daya, Consecrated Sphinx, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Reanimate, Pact of Negation, Vampiric Tutor, Demonic Tutor, and Mana Crypt for any 16 cards below $15 at https://edhrec.com/recs/?url=tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-ooze-of-doom-copy-3. If the average of the new cards are $1 (from glancing at it, TOTALLY POSSIBLE), then you just saved yourself over $360. That's over half the deck cost. In less than 1/6 of the deck. I'm of the belief that a deck doesn't have to be completely optimized to win many games in the typical playgroup, and sometimes the fully optimized decks do worse in those playgroups do to the self-policing nature of multiplayer politics.
4 weeks ago
Oh perhaps you find these useful: I like to run Geier Reach Sanitarium, and Yavimaya Hollow, Sanitarium is devastating after a weel or after you scout someone with gitaxian probe having a counterspell as only card in his hand, and also to get the cards you want a little bit faster. Hollow is an utility land that perhaps you couldn't be interested in due to the fact that your deck aims to be faster than mine (speed is not exactly an option in my meta that is heavily control and attrition based), but it makes your opponents think more and makes you able to play more aggressively.
2 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions, maddoxmtg.
I did have Helix Pinnacle in the deck for a bit, but never really liked it. It's not particularly fun or interactive, and not that easy to pull off anyway. Hydra Broodmaster, Polukranos, World Eater or even Miren, the Moaning Well are way cooler mana dumps. Besides, it's better to not lose the mana to start with by using things like Yeva, Nature's Herald, Winding Canyons, Savage Summoning, Yavimaya Hollow, Spearbreaker Behemoth, Vigor, or Nim Deathmantle.
2 months ago
Great thematic tribal deck! Love it! +1
Let me introduce you to the best equipment for your deck Thornbite Staff. It synergizes with your deathtouch theme in that you can ping and kill any indestructible creature on the field and untap ad infinitum till you kill every creature on the table! Neurok Stealthsuit gives you instant speed targeted protection. I also recommend Skullclamp/Phyrexian Arena/Necropotence for additional card draw. Your mana base would benefit from Volrath's Stronghold, Westvale Abbey Flip, and Yavimaya Hollow.
2 months ago
A few suggestions:
You have an average CMC of 3.85 which is on the low end for EDH. (this can be good and allows for less ramp) however you have a non-negligible amount of cards in the 6-8 cmc range.
You currently only have 33 lands. I would suggest you increase that to 37 or 38. Exploration and Burgeoning do you no good if land never makes it's way into your hand. So you need a good amount of ramp and draw. Generally I suggest a deck to have 37 lands, and 7 pieces of ramp as a minimum starting point. You are running 13 pieces of ramp, with two ways to cheat cards into play (Belbe's Portal and Dragon Arch are both fantastic).
I personally would replace all of the signets with rocks that add better value, utility, tap for any color of mana or replace them with land ramp.
As an example, you could replace these :
- Kodama's Reach or Cultivate (functional reprints of each other)
- Fellwar Stone
- Expedition Map (Note, this fetches ANY LAND, be that Command Tower or some utility land like Rogue's Passage
- Skyshroud Claim (Lands enter untapped with this, which is huge value.
- Gilded Lotus (sure it costs five the turn you play it but it still taps for 3 and EDH this is a big bump in mana at a very reasonable cost)
You might want to also include others that tap for any color of mana such as Spectral Searchlight
From a land perspective you have a reasonable base. Your lands are evenly split but could go heavier into the colors you are running more of. Basically what I am trying to say is, either focus on land ramp with your Burgeoning type strategy (which means you need more land and card draw so you have land in hand) or a mana rock/ land into play strategy (which would then mean you don't really need Burgeoning.
For ideas of lands, I have started puting together a "land base" deck list. You can check that out here: 5 color mana base
Five color lands you might consider:
- Meteor Crater
- Mirrodin's Core
- Reflecting Pool
- Ancient Ziggurat
- Cavern of Souls (Really strong in a tribal deck)
Utility Lands you might consider:
- Strip Mine, Ghost Quarter, Tectonic Edge gives you the utility to remove other peoples good utility land
- Volrath's Stronghold good recursion utility on a land
- Homeward Path
- Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
- Winding Canyons
- Yavimaya Hollow
Since you are running snow covered lands you should be running Scrying Sheets
Other card thoughts:
Sarkhan Unbroken exudes awesomeness in this deck.
Regarding recursion, Debtors' Knell is my all time favorite recursion spell, and if it stays in play works crazy value with your general's abilities.
I am sure I can come up with other suggestions, but before I ramble any more than I have, I should ask, is there anything in particular you are looking to tweak?
3 months ago
903.9 was changed because of the colorless mana requirements of Eldrazi. You can create mana outside your commander spectrum now.
Well, the fact that I don't want to play it and don't have it (many other expensive stuff I have, like Yavimaya Hollow) makes me think it is too expensive
3 months ago
Many cards seem more cute than useful. I'm also refining an Edric deck, so please tell me if you had a reason for including these.
Spell to cut:
- Invisible Stalker, Silhana Ledgewalker: you only have 1 Elf/Rogue tribal and Hexproof is useless; hardly seems worth extra
- Surveilling Sprite
- Wild Growth: aren't mana dorks better? (see suggestions below)
- Sakura-Tribe Scout, Skyshroud Ranger: with so few lands, aren't these useless?
- Elvish Spirit Guide, Lotus Petal
- Mana Crypt, Sol Ring: less obvious includes, but playing Time Warps 2 turns early seems too good
- Boreal Druid, Joraga Treespeaker, Honored Hierarch, Loam Dryad: last two are iffy, tell me if you've tried them
- Birthing Pod, Survival of the Fittest: better than Sylvan Tutor cause they give HD same turn
- Beast Within
- Jace's Phantasm, Galerider Sliver, Flying Men
- Spell Pierce, Mental Misstep (over Negate, Counterspell)
Also have you tried these/are they good/bad?
Lands to cut:
- Yavimaya Hollow: seems unplayable; need to leave up 1G forever
- Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
- Oboro, Palace in the Clouds: ??? this deck seems to be the last to want land destruction protection
- Faerie Conclave
- Ancient Ziggurat, Reflecting Pool: strictly worse than dual lands
I guess you were low on options due to Hermit Druid.
3 months ago
Windswept Heath, Canopy Vista, Temple of Plenty, Yavimaya Hollow, Mistveil Plains, Flagstones of Trokair, Hall of the Bandit Lord, Gavony Township, Reliquary Tower,Krosan Verge, Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers, Saffi Eriksdotter, Eiganjo Castle, Mirari's Wake, Thousand-Year Elixir, Eladamri's Call, Worldly Tutor, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger