: Add to your mana pool.
, : Regenerate target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Yavimaya Hollow Discussion
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestions, maddoxmtg.
I did have Helix Pinnacle in the deck for a bit, but never really liked it. It's not particularly fun or interactive, and not that easy to pull off anyway. Hydra Broodmaster, Polukranos, World Eater or even Miren, the Moaning Well are way cooler mana dumps. Besides, it's better to not lose the mana to start with by using things like Yeva, Nature's Herald, Winding Canyons, Savage Summoning, Yavimaya Hollow, Spearbreaker Behemoth, Vigor, or Nim Deathmantle.
1 month ago
Great thematic tribal deck! Love it! +1
Let me introduce you to the best equipment for your deck Thornbite Staff. It synergizes with your deathtouch theme in that you can ping and kill any indestructible creature on the field and untap ad infinitum till you kill every creature on the table! Neurok Stealthsuit gives you instant speed targeted protection. I also recommend Skullclamp/Phyrexian Arena/Necropotence for additional card draw. Your mana base would benefit from Volrath's Stronghold, Westvale Abbey Flip, and Yavimaya Hollow.
1 month ago
A few suggestions:
You have an average CMC of 3.85 which is on the low end for EDH. (this can be good and allows for less ramp) however you have a non-negligible amount of cards in the 6-8 cmc range.
You currently only have 33 lands. I would suggest you increase that to 37 or 38. Exploration and Burgeoning do you no good if land never makes it's way into your hand. So you need a good amount of ramp and draw. Generally I suggest a deck to have 37 lands, and 7 pieces of ramp as a minimum starting point. You are running 13 pieces of ramp, with two ways to cheat cards into play (Belbe's Portal and Dragon Arch are both fantastic).
I personally would replace all of the signets with rocks that add better value, utility, tap for any color of mana or replace them with land ramp.
As an example, you could replace these :
- Kodama's Reach or Cultivate (functional reprints of each other)
- Fellwar Stone
- Expedition Map (Note, this fetches ANY LAND, be that Command Tower or some utility land like Rogue's Passage
- Skyshroud Claim (Lands enter untapped with this, which is huge value.
- Gilded Lotus (sure it costs five the turn you play it but it still taps for 3 and EDH this is a big bump in mana at a very reasonable cost)
You might want to also include others that tap for any color of mana such as Spectral Searchlight
From a land perspective you have a reasonable base. Your lands are evenly split but could go heavier into the colors you are running more of. Basically what I am trying to say is, either focus on land ramp with your Burgeoning type strategy (which means you need more land and card draw so you have land in hand) or a mana rock/ land into play strategy (which would then mean you don't really need Burgeoning.
For ideas of lands, I have started puting together a "land base" deck list. You can check that out here: 5 color mana base
Five color lands you might consider:
- Meteor Crater
- Mirrodin's Core
- Reflecting Pool
- Ancient Ziggurat
- Cavern of Souls (Really strong in a tribal deck)
Utility Lands you might consider:
- Strip Mine, Ghost Quarter, Tectonic Edge gives you the utility to remove other peoples good utility land
- Volrath's Stronghold good recursion utility on a land
- Homeward Path
- Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
- Winding Canyons
- Yavimaya Hollow
Since you are running snow covered lands you should be running Scrying Sheets
Other card thoughts:
Sarkhan Unbroken exudes awesomeness in this deck.
Regarding recursion, Debtors' Knell is my all time favorite recursion spell, and if it stays in play works crazy value with your general's abilities.
I am sure I can come up with other suggestions, but before I ramble any more than I have, I should ask, is there anything in particular you are looking to tweak?
1 month ago
903.9 was changed because of the colorless mana requirements of Eldrazi. You can create mana outside your commander spectrum now.
Well, the fact that I don't want to play it and don't have it (many other expensive stuff I have, like Yavimaya Hollow) makes me think it is too expensive
2 months ago
Many cards seem more cute than useful. I'm also refining an Edric deck, so please tell me if you had a reason for including these.
Spell to cut:
- Invisible Stalker, Silhana Ledgewalker: you only have 1 Elf/Rogue tribal and Hexproof is useless; hardly seems worth extra
- Surveilling Sprite
- Wild Growth: aren't mana dorks better? (see suggestions below)
- Sakura-Tribe Scout, Skyshroud Ranger: with so few lands, aren't these useless?
- Elvish Spirit Guide, Lotus Petal
- Mana Crypt, Sol Ring: less obvious includes, but playing Time Warps 2 turns early seems too good
- Boreal Druid, Joraga Treespeaker, Honored Hierarch, Loam Dryad: last two are iffy, tell me if you've tried them
- Birthing Pod, Survival of the Fittest: better than Sylvan Tutor cause they give HD same turn
- Beast Within
- Jace's Phantasm, Galerider Sliver, Flying Men
- Spell Pierce, Mental Misstep (over Negate, Counterspell)
Also have you tried these/are they good/bad?
Lands to cut:
- Yavimaya Hollow: seems unplayable; need to leave up 1G forever
- Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
- Oboro, Palace in the Clouds: ??? this deck seems to be the last to want land destruction protection
- Faerie Conclave
- Ancient Ziggurat, Reflecting Pool: strictly worse than dual lands
I guess you were low on options due to Hermit Druid.
2 months ago
Windswept Heath, Canopy Vista, Temple of Plenty, Yavimaya Hollow, Mistveil Plains, Flagstones of Trokair, Hall of the Bandit Lord, Gavony Township, Reliquary Tower,Krosan Verge, Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers, Saffi Eriksdotter, Eiganjo Castle, Mirari's Wake, Thousand-Year Elixir, Eladamri's Call, Worldly Tutor, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
3 months ago
- Yavimaya Hollow lets you have a guaranteed (or almost) blocker every turn.
- Glacial Chasm is great all-around. Just get rid of it when you don't need it anymore.
- Khalni Garden makes a blocker. Skyline Cascade keeps an opposing attacker tapped for a turn.
- Tower of the Magistrate can help against problematic artifact creatures like Wurmcoil Engine.
- Blighted Fen can kill a creature, and if timed well, can kill a lonely threat.
- Ice Floe can permanently tap down something until you can deal with it otherwise, or until a larger potential threat comes along.
I'm sure there are more decent ones, those are just off the top of my head.