|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Dakmor Salvage enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
Dredge 2 (If you would draw a card, instead you may put exactly two cards from the top of your library into your graveyard. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, draw a card.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Dakmor Salvage Discussion
23 hours ago
jchudz, I hadn't thought of that. I am able to fairly consistently retrace with Life from the Loam but throwing in Dakmor Salvage as a one-of couldn't hurt. Has good synergy with The Gitrog Monster as well.
Thanks for the suggestion.
23 hours ago
if you want to stick to the retrace plan a one of Dakmor Salvage can help ensure you can retrace each turn
2 days ago
You and I think a lot alike, Nighthowler is already in the build, I like to fetch for it late game using Fauna Shaman to pull finishers. I used to run Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord in the sideboard as an alternate win condition against lock down and control decks, but so far it's never been viable in my meta.
I definitely run Wild Mongrel, Noose Constrictor, and Dakmor Salvage in my The Gitrog Monster EDH deck, cycling through that deck near infinitely as long as you're running an oldschool Ulamog, Kozilek, or Emracool. But all that business I feel is better suited to EDH. The Rog is just too slow at 5 mana and you need to get all those pieces, it just doesn't cut it for competative modern.
I also used to run the Dakmor Salvage + Raven's Crime combo in this build but I opted for something more proactive rather than limiting against my opponent. Usually my big problem in the mainboard is when I'm outpaced by combo like Ad-nauseam or cheri0s. This is usually solved by going heavy mill to get them to dump their combo pieces, it works a lot since I already run 4 Hedron Crabs, but the problem is consistency and my reliance on crabs. basically I need cheap mill threats 5-8 in my sideboard, and right now Im looking at + . the super-nice added bonus to completely switching modes with the sideboard is that after game 1 people usually side in grave hate thanks to the popularity of modern dredge. once they windmill slam a Rest in Peace, you can just help them windmill slam the rest of their deck into exile. it feels real real good.
2 days ago
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord and Nighthowler are cards i really like in my fright list. Also, i do play this nifty little combo out of Noose Constrictor, Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster. Burying your whole library for zero mana to get an incredibly large splinterfright is no joke for your opponent.
2 days ago
6 days ago
Why didn't you just update your Spring Into Death deck list? There's only like 2 cards different, haha.
Now on to the real meat:
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Combo
- Turn 1: Play a one drop ramp creature.
- Turn 2: Play Buried Alive and fetch Mike and Triskelion.
- Turn 3: Play Victimize, bring Mike and Trike out and ping infinitely to win.
Or tutor for Defense of the Heart and win the turn after you cast it.
Necrotic Ooze Combo
- Play Buried Alive or Survival of the Fittest.
- Grab and put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard, and get Necrotic Ooze into play.
- Make sure Necrotic Ooze gets out last if using Survival to tutor them.
- Remove all cards from your library to burn opponent(s) for the CMC of all cards in your library.
Once it's out, the only thing that can interrupt this is Split Second since you can respond by adding and removing counters.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Combo
This requires some knowledge of how the stack works.
- Exile cards from your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put on the stack.
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to beef him up more.
- Still before allowing the sacrifice to resolve, sack him to Jarad to smack your opponents for a ton of damage, similarly to the aforementioned Ooze-combo.
Colorless Mana Combo
- Have/get Ashnod's Altar in play.
- Play Nim Deathmantle.
- Play Grave Titan, pop up two 2/2 tokens.
- Sack the two tokens to Altar, then sack Titan to get a total of six .
- Use 4 of that to make Deathmantle grab Titan back and get you two more tokens
Repeat this as many times as desired, netting 2 colorless mana every loop.
1 week ago
Vinelasher Kudzu could be cut? just a big beater with no evasion
City of Solitude is another dosan
if you add putrid imp, maybe add a eldrazi titan so you can't mill out, maybe swap with the feldon's cane
Skirge Familiar is great! back up bloom and draws you card with the frog